YesNoOk

[Vinnie Thread]: Black★Rock Shooter Released (06/09/2024) (Read 1681567 times)

Started by Vinnie, February 02, 2022, 02:43:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Vinnie Thread]: Enkidu Gaien Released (05/12/2024)
#481  May 12, 2024, 02:50:59 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home

Enkidu is out now.

More Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Video Showcase

Get Enkidu here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/171wtZm5mQMIEnG4Mgo9pJR-i7_3OI0_m/view?usp=sharing

Alongside this release is 20 characters have been updated with OHMSBY's Coco THE MEMES compatibility and dreadedpotato's movelists for Ikemen. Including:
Akira Yuki
Iai Arthur
Naoto Shirogane
Kanji Tatsumi
Hibiki Kohaku
Weiss Schnee
Kouma Kishima
Strider Hiryu
Emi Yusa
Blake Belladonna and Negative Blake
Dizzy
Yuuki Konno
The Count of Monte Cristo
Curly Brace
Zero
Neo Politan
Chipp Zanuff
Kirino Kousaka
Yukari Takeba

Spoiler: Coming soon. (click to see content)
#482  May 12, 2024, 03:39:08 am
    • USA
Great work as usual! Since you did the movelist on your own this time, here's some stuff I noticed plus an image to illustrate.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b0dpWnYSOW_8udgP2XXpVhKf_OvD_C2/view?usp=sharing
  • Having the "chargable" indicators after the inputs for chargable moves makes things look cluttered for Special Moves in particular. What I usually do for those is add a line of text beneath chargable moves specifying this in the same faded grey color used for meter costs, etc. For chargable normals, I tend to group those all together at the end of Command Normals and Basic Chains. I totally understand if this was an aesthetic choice though. Plenty of my own little biases and preferences have made their ways into the movelists I've made, so I won't give you any flack for doing the same.
  • On a similar note to the previous point, special moves can be marked to be air only the same way normals can; just add _AIR to the front of the input.
  • Enkidu's down-forward C command is missing the underscore at the front, so it displays incorrectly in-game.
  • Adding extra underscores before the first one in the follow up glyph doesn't extend the length of the arrow, so it looks a bit odd in-game. It might be better to add extra spacing to specify the move is a follow up to the follow up.
  • Reverse Beat is missing from his Character-Specific Mechanics.
Not bad at all for a first go around! I've got an edited version up in the collection, so don't worry about going back and fixing it up unless you want the practice.

EDIT: Just finished double checking the characters who've officially had movelists added on my end, and the characters whose movelists were updated recently are in the spoiler below. Most of the changes are pretty minor, so don't feel like you have to update them anytime soon.
Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 04:26:42 am by dreadedpotato
#483  May 16, 2024, 03:51:11 am
    • Vietnam
Should all be fixed now.
#484  May 24, 2024, 08:48:49 pm
  • I'm Just Dude
    • Qatar
Hey I just wanna ask. When I play Your characters i was checking this "Critical, Contact and Panicked" on supers what is this mechanic for? Because I was thinking "hmm is this RNG supers? or just u mash the button to get the critical or so.."

EDIT: Thank You Tornillo (I don't wanna reply cuz maybe next time if i reply this topic maybe i might feel the "annoying guy")
Real reason I'm Called "Dude" Cuz I watched Regular Show WOOOOOOAHH
Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 12:32:13 pm by Dude01
#485  May 25, 2024, 01:07:10 am
  • DerRedstar
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
Hey I just wanna ask. When I play Your characters i was checking this "Critical, Contact and Panicked" on supers what is this mechanic for? Because I was thinking "hmm is this RNG supers? or just u mash the button to get the critical or so.."

Those are RNG bonuses that activates on NOY mode, you can read more about those in the characters readme file.
Re: [Vinnie Thread]: Black★Rock Shooter Released (06/09/2024)
#486  June 09, 2024, 03:31:26 am
    • Vietnam

Black★Rock Shooter is out now.

More Screenshots

Video Showcase

You can get BRS here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-kCkKSBufj8Ir3YgcFzxvgIhlItgyKV/view

Alongside this release is 6 characters have been updated with OHMSBY's Coco THE MEMES compatibility and dreadedpotato's movelists for Ikemen. Including:
Ernst Von Adler
Saki Mitonoya
Margaret
Potemkin
Kamui Tokinomiya
Hybrid Nimue

Mini update for Hakumen:
-Increased Zantetsu's cornerpush.
-Special Intro Vs. TornilloOxidado's Izayoi.

And with this, all characters of mine should be ready for Coco's Sh*tpost Review once she's released.

Spoiler: Coming soon. (click to see content)
#487  June 09, 2024, 04:32:31 am
    • USA
Great work as always! The only error I found with the movelist is at the very start, where there's a tab before the header for Command Normals and Basic Chains. This makes it appear centered in-game and not aligned with the other headers. I also feel breaking up the Followup Actions of Photon Hurricane into three separate actions may be for the best given that each possible button input does something completely different from the other two, but that's just me.
#488  June 09, 2024, 04:53:45 am
    • Vietnam
Eh, I suppose a little fixing on it wouldn't hurt. So yeah, it's done. Just go ahead and redownload BRS.

I also feel breaking up the Followup Actions of Photon Hurricane into three separate actions may be for the best given that each possible button input does something completely different from the other two, but that's just me.
This is intentional as her followup actions don't have their specific name for each move like Enkidu's 236X~X. So I think it's still better to keep it consistent with the readme.
#489  June 09, 2024, 03:48:41 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA

Black★Rock Shooter is out now.

Another great release that I've been secretly waiting for, of course this would've be more appealing if you made her in 8 more years, on November 16, at 1:07 PM, and 54.66 seconds.

:'P let me have this joke, its feels like ages since I visted here lmao.

Jokes aside, I've been always wanted to share something to you and OHMSBY for YEARS, especially to those who only play MUGEN 1.1/IKEMEN GO. I added interpolation code to the burst hud to make it more consistent to how BBCFs' original hud acts out just by editing actions 98765 and 9876.

Heres what I have:
Code:
; Burst Ready
[Begin Action 98765]
9876,16, 0,0, 360
Interpolate Angle
9876,16, 0,0, 0, , , 1,1,360

; Burst Ready
[Begin Action 9876]
9876,4, 0,0, 360
Interpolate Angle
9876,4, 0,0, 0, , , 1,1,-360

With that, both the inner (9876,4) and outer sprites (9876,16) will turn in a smooth 60fps clockwise motion (counter clockwise for outer sprite). and feel free to remove any additional sprites just to save a couple kilobytes :3

Again, this only works on mugen 1.1 and ikemen go due to interpolation coding. This is something that anybody can add if they think the hud doesn't feel the same to them. This was definitley a fun side project I did after learning about interpolation coding and I think I can do more with other projects that come to mind.

I hope you like it :)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#490  June 10, 2024, 06:35:18 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Great work as always. Seeing Wagner as your next character makes me look forward to seeing other UNI characters you didn't get a chance on doing.

Again, this only works on mugen 1.1 and ikemen go due to interpolation coding. This is something that anybody can add if they think the hud doesn't feel the same to them. This was definitley a fun side project I did after learning about interpolation coding and I think I can do more with other projects that come to mind.
For some reason, I'm kinda against this idea due to the fact it doesn't work on 1.0 and should not be a thing on future updates. If all it does is aesthetically make the Burst HUD move smoother, it's not worth breaking the compatibility because of it. I rather take the couple kilobytes than lose 1.0 compatibility completely.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#491  June 10, 2024, 06:10:52 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
For some reason, I'm kinda against this idea due to the fact it doesn't work on 1.0 and should not be a thing on future updates. If all it does is aesthetically make the Burst HUD move smoother, it's not worth breaking the compatibility because of it. I rather take the couple kilobytes than lose 1.0 compatibility completely.

I get what you're saying, but this was not intended to be a feature request to the authors, it's an optional essential to everybody who want to give these characters some extra flair to them for their own personal builds (just like my previous numenemy ai code which is now outdated now that AI scaling has been implemented).
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#492  June 12, 2024, 10:03:38 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I don't think Monte Cristo's Black Grudge mechanic is actually implemented properly. There's no damage over time effect, just only a slight extra bit of damage on Furious Hellfire B version, and that's when the opponent is launched.
#493  June 16, 2024, 03:09:21 am
    • Vietnam
I get what you're saying, but this was not intended to be a feature request to the authors, it's an optional essential to everybody who want to give these characters some extra flair to them for their own personal builds (just like my previous numenemy ai code which is now outdated now that AI scaling has been implemented).
If that's the case, I suppose you might want to make a respective topic for the add-on and give further explanation about it so that people can understand and install this for their characters. In fact, when it comes to making general changes over the style, I don't think I have the permission to do that (with the exception of my characters), so you might want to discuss this with OHMSBY first.

I don't think Monte Cristo's Black Grudge mechanic is actually implemented properly. There's no damage over time effect, just only a slight extra bit of damage on Furious Hellfire B version, and that's when the opponent is launched.
Got the code rechecked while I was reworking on his effects so now the DOT should be easier to track, just go ahead and redownload Dantes.
#494  June 16, 2024, 09:40:43 am
  • i code and make music from time to time.
    • Philippines
I've been having fun lately with your version of BRS. Great character!

I've also found a bug with your Tatsuya Shiba; when Tatsuya is at 0 HP, Tatsuya starts bouncing off the ground forever. I achieved this by KO-ing Tatsuya. he seems to loop back to the same state instead of lying down on the ground after getting KO-ed.

I'm using Ikemen GO (Latest Nightly Build).
#495  June 16, 2024, 03:23:47 pm
    • Vietnam
Fixed.