YesNoOk

RIAA gettin' paid [woman fined 1.9 million dollars] (Read 2020 times)

Started by #Shaun, June 19, 2009, 06:49:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: RIAA gettin' paid [woman fined 1.9 million dollars]
#21  June 20, 2009, 05:08:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Apply that to all the roms and manga you've illegally acquired. Anyway $80,000+ a song is complete horseshit regardless of her 'illegal activity.'

You could easily call that payback, after all I create software and piracy makes my salary much lower than it should be.
#22  June 20, 2009, 07:39:56 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Since files aren't software, it's a lot harder to protect them.  The damages are too high, but I still think there should be some deterrent somewhere somehow.

Music quality nowadays seems low, so I think it is legitimate to download, try and see if you will buy... it's inadequate to listen to 30 second, low quality samples of each song to get a feel for someone's music.  And not being able to purchase lossless digital audio is complete bullshit.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#23  June 25, 2009, 07:36:45 am
  • I got a PM.
The reason they shouldn't win this is, because there is no prof that she didn't own the songs at one time. I know, i could argue that if I was caught downloading Starwars, that I had already bought the copyrighted material on VHS and threw it away. The copyright isn't the form of its delivery. They would have no way of arguing otherwise.
#24  June 25, 2009, 05:05:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Innocent unless shown guilty ? what kind of backwards ass country works like that ?