YesNoOk

C-G-U's Palettes (Read 242019 times)

Started by XANDERAC, February 14, 2011, 11:38:55 pm
Share this topic:

Cap

Re: C-G-U's Palettes, No RQ's ATM, -NEW- 29 Palettes for Yoko + JMM Chun-Li!
#81  March 21, 2011, 01:49:45 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
I'm really liking those MvC2, Xiayou, and TvC palettes for Chun.
#82  March 21, 2011, 10:01:45 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
@Cpt. Commando
Thanks! Glad you do, I'll be doing a few for Jmorphman's Kyo soon as well, just not Joe since I've never been a big fan.

@Drewski90
I apologize for the late reply on these, I had started a week ago and didn't like how they kept turning out, because of certain parts shared on the sprites which made it a pain in the ass :/

I focused mostly on his default costume, from varying origins/appearances.

Palettes are:
Fatal Fury. Garou : MotW, KoFXII, NGBC Rock Howard, SFIV, SFIV (ken colour 10), KoF/SVC sprite, Bonus :p, SvC Chaos Artwork

HERE <<<<- For download

Next Up....M.M.R.'s Foxy!
Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:06:02 pm by ChocolateGiddyUp
#83  March 21, 2011, 11:25:11 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

My current w.i.p which will later be replaced by my whole set. I won't be releasing the .act file for this one yet, since it's still a bit round around the edges, but due to FeLo's colour separation and much better sprites of her, I believe I'll be able to only improve upon the original batch I put up before :)

Awesome color choices, Choco :D !!

Well, my Rose's sprite sheet(or pack, I always get confused with those words, LOL) is not going to have a REAL improvement, I'll just do this:
- Adding 4 color in her arms/early hand, as sleeves(as you seen in SF-IV)
- Eyes and hair now doesn't shares colors(now her eyes are green turquoise)
- Her lips has now 2 colors. They won't share them with her dress :D!
- Added one color to her scarf. Now it looks smoother and not that jaggy, as in SFZ or my previous version.

I also tried to mimmick her gipsy alternate playing with colors but...it's not good, so it's erased and won't do the cut in the final version :P.
I'll put a test sprite in my Wip Topic, some day. Also, I guess I'll send it before to you, Cyclism and Mala for seeing what your genious skills can do with it :D!

My English sucks, so I don't know if I said it well ~_~. Also, if something sound offensive or else, it was not my intention(as above: my english sucks).

Have a nice day!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
Re: C-G-U's Palettes, No RQ's ATM, -NEW- CVSTerry by Warusaki3 Palettes
#84  March 21, 2011, 11:38:35 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Hmm, if I have to wait that's fine, I may as well get the most updated sprites for her also, I can always fix minor things in the future. Hopefully the palettes will also be compatible with Nestor's Capcom Fighting All-Star's version as well :)

I'd love to be able to recreate all these, and more on your improved sprites :D haha, hopefully I get a chance :)

MDD

#85  March 21, 2011, 11:49:51 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Those Terry palettes are awesome, but I feel as if though the XII one is....off. Let me try recreating it and see if i'm wrong.
#86  March 22, 2011, 12:09:32 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I used a sprite for reference, I think the issue is the number of layer of shades between the original sprites' version.

The CVS Terry by Warusaki only has about 3 skin shades, the 4th being specific to a part under the brim of his hat. I'd like to see what you can do with it also though :)

MDD

#87  March 22, 2011, 12:26:36 am
  • OG Pallette Goon

Left is yours, right is mine.

I'm trying to figure out what you did different since your's looks more like, god forbid, an MvC3 palette.
#88  March 22, 2011, 12:41:57 am
  • I bet you didn't know I sprite too
Here is my try, I love making XII pals  :P

Palettes that will pucker your butthole: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=118816.0
#89  March 22, 2011, 01:04:04 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
@Maladingdong
Nooooo not MVC3 palettes >_<.

Either way he needs to look sunburned lol, I think it might be the fact that I skipped on the green-ish highlight in my own, and went straight for the grey, so because of that I ended up with a darker tone on his pants in the end. I just hate how his shoes are shared with parts of his shirt/pants/hat logo/gloves/undershirt and playing around too much with some of it, completely makes a mess out of the shoes lol. All the features in both your own and Cyclysms which is good, I tried to do a Guile/SF3 Alex palette for him, however they looked horrible in the end because of all the shared colours :(

My apologies for my usually long replies lol.

@Cycylsm
 :sugoi: Supah nice!
#90  March 22, 2011, 01:11:53 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Cyclyms wins this one
Left one has bad contrast and right doesn't have enough contrast ;P

Cap

#91  March 22, 2011, 01:16:31 am
    • USA
Liking Terry as well. One problem I have, and it's probably just me, the Fatal Fury palettes' shoulders are too bright.
#92  March 22, 2011, 01:38:14 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
The problem with the Fatal Fury palette again, is the shared colours, it's very difficult to get the proper look, since changing the shoulders changes parts of the shoes which make them look distorted, and every part of the pants are connected to either the shoes, gloves or both.

Cap

#93  March 22, 2011, 01:42:52 am
    • USA
The problem with the Fatal Fury palette again, is the shared colours, it's very difficult to get the proper look, since changing the shoulders changes parts of the shoes which make them look distorted, and every part of the pants are connected to either the shoes, gloves or both.
Didn't notice that until the second time I looked. Damn shame, since otherwise it'd be an amazing palette.
#94  March 22, 2011, 04:46:25 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Trust me, I redid it 2-3 times before I got to something I was at least satisfied with lol. I liked how it started, but once I got to the white shirt/gloves and pants, altering one would make the shoes look like random pixels :S. Hopefully there's a properly colour separated Terry, if not already, then someday, and I'll be happy to give all of these a more proper and thorough work :),

I'd have preferred his hat/jacket not to be shared, because then my SF3 Alex palette would have looked better too, problem with that was, the jacket/pants and the fact that the colours I was using did the same awful effect to his shoes :(

Cap

#95  March 22, 2011, 04:48:34 am
    • USA
Trust me, I redid it 2-3 times before I got to something I was at least satisfied with lol. I liked how it started, but once I got to the white shirt/gloves and pants, altering one would make the shoes look like random pixels :S. Hopefully there's a properly colour separated Terry, if not already, then someday, and I'll be happy to give all of these a more proper and thorough work :),

I'd have preferred his hat/jacket not to be shared, because then my SF3 Alex palette would have looked better too, problem with that was, the jacket/pants and the fact that the colours I was using did the same awful effect to his shoes :(

I salute you, CGU. I've been working with palettes after talking with Mala, and it's surprisingly difficult if you're looking for good results.

MDD

#96  March 22, 2011, 04:55:41 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
NO Terry has color separation. At all. They all just use straight rips from CvS2. Someone go beg Jmorphman to do some separation. :P

Really though, the only thing that would have been nice would have been separation from the shirt and pants. That's all you really need for most palettes.

Also, since I noticed you're having the same troubles with making new FX colors as Commando and Cyclysm, i'll make a FX tutorial in a bit along with an actual palette guide. Most of the new people don't know the tricks to making better palettes.
#97  March 22, 2011, 04:57:09 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Making palettes isn't to hard, finding a suitable look however is sometimes a pain if there's something you want specifically lol. I've had those issues while working with the Street Fighter Alpha sprites I started with, like with Ryu how the Gi shares colours with his clothes *since in SFA he originally had the white headband*, Ken's gloves shared the same colour as his hair, I've had issues with all of them. The Scott Pilgrim palette for Cvs Terry was better than I thought but I had to play with the colours so I didn't lose any/too much detail :S Let me know once you start posting up palettes, I've only recently started myself and I'd love to learn how yours turn out, the more we share the more we learn from each other after all :D

CPSIII sprites are fun to work with because they're layered a fair bit more and allow more flexibility, but they're also harder to work with.

^still working on this one, SF3 sprites, to look more like SFA

@MDD
That would be a dream come true lol, well hell if it was easier I'd do it for all of my own, but I don't have the time or knowledge of how to, I look forward to that tutorial, cause it would be quite handy, since varying styles would look better with more suitable FX :D
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:00:17 am by ChocolateGiddyUp

Cap

#98  March 22, 2011, 05:01:17 am
    • USA
@MDD
That would be a dream come true lol, well hell if it was easier I'd do it for all of my own, but I don't have the time or knowledge of how to, I look forward to that tutorial, cause it would be quite handy, since varying styles would look better with more suitable FX :D
Yes, Mala, you are a dream come true to us palette newbs.  :P
#99  March 28, 2011, 01:01:22 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I'm not doing the Foxy palettes, I haven't done SNK palettes yet, so when I realized how the colour separation worked on M.M.R's Foxy, I ended up unhappy with every attempt I made lol, so rather than releasing something awful, and that I don't feel happy with at all. I'm moving forward.

So without further ado, here are some palettes for Sean Alty's Wyldestar for Cosmic Jeagerjaques

Row1 Palettes:
Felicia (DS), Jade (BG&E),Karin (SFA3), Leona (KoFXIII), Litchi (BB), Morrigan (DS)

Row 2 Palettes:
Nina Williams(TKN), Noel (BB), Bonus :P, Regina (Dino Crisis/NxC),  Roll Caskett (MM:L), Starfire (Teen Titans!)

>>>>>>HERE<<<<<< for palettes

Next Up...
K-Failurer by Sorenari for -ĜӨҢ- -
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:13:22 am by ChocolateGiddyUp
Re: C-G-U's Palettes, No RQ's ATM, -NEW- 12 Palettes for Sean Alty's Wyldestar
#100  March 28, 2011, 04:53:24 am
  • The cycle of life and death continues
Thanks for doing my request.

OffTopic:The Person who requested the Foxy Palettes left the Guild
Titiln said:
you need to be yourself. and by yourself i mean you need to be me. study my post history and implement it into your life. suddenly girls will want to have sex with you. thank me later and post your success stories here