YesNoOk

RYU (Read 189317 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 04, 2014, 04:16:29 pm
Re: RYU
#121  April 17, 2014, 09:04:22 pm
Maybe I'll fix that medium kick. And the stance (I noticed I did something wrong in the gi).
#122  April 17, 2014, 10:44:35 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
#123  April 18, 2014, 12:34:05 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Updated all the links to the new drop box links. Updated the air finishing off the close MK and close SK.

@Alex Sinigaglia: apply the palette to that MK real quick and I'll add it into the sff/air and code it tomorrow.

My bad!!!
V
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:45:17 am by Just No Point
#124  April 18, 2014, 12:35:24 am
I was going to bed! >:(

Ok, I'll do it.
#125  April 18, 2014, 12:53:39 am
#126  April 18, 2014, 06:25:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Added the unfinished MK. SFF and AIR updated.
#127  April 18, 2014, 08:50:48 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

A test into the full spriting on one of the focus sprites:

Balthazar(SFZ)----> FeLo(CvS)
Ryu design's simplicity makes him difficult: you never know when he's totally fine.

By te way, I recycled the head, feet and his right forearm-hand from the sheet.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#128  April 18, 2014, 09:19:10 am
  • Being creative is the new darkest Hadou!
    • Germany
A test into the full spriting on one of the focus sprites:

Balthazar(SFZ)----> FeLo(CvS)
Ryu design's simplicity makes him difficult: you never know when he's totally fine.

By te way, I recycled the head, feet and his right forearm-hand from the sheet.

Wow nice spritework Felo_Llop. I always loved what you do here and at DeviantArt.
#129  April 18, 2014, 10:43:15 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Got a lot more finished. Almost everything works now. Starting from the top of the basics cns and working my way down to solidify them.

Still working on them but uploaded what I have because Loona wished to work in a different location than me.
#130  April 19, 2014, 12:10:56 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Files updated again. I'm done for the day. Still have a kink in my jumping back Strong Punch and jumping back Strong kick. For some reason they are not triggering. I removed the triggers from my old Ryu and all the states are correct. I must be missing something small.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/40jxw081j9vsx6v/BmQX8SC9-Z

Will focus back on making the cns files fit the animations this weekend.
#131  April 19, 2014, 12:13:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
My guess is that your trigger is for vel x > 0, right? It won't trigger if you're going backwards because vel x will be less than zero then. Just use the trigger "vel x" by itself, so it'll activate whenever vel x is non-zero.
#132  April 19, 2014, 12:16:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
;Angled Jump Medium Punch
[State -1, Angled Jump Medium Punch]
type = ChangeState
value = 615
triggerall = command = "y" && statetype = A
trigger1 = ctrl &&  vel x
trigger2 = stateno = 1350 ;Air blocking

;Angled Jump Strong Punch
[State -1, Angled Jump Strong Punch]
type = ChangeState
value = 625
triggerall = command = "z" && statetype = A
trigger1 = ctrl &&  vel x
trigger2 = stateno = 1350 ;Air blocking

Medium Punch/Kick works fine SP/K doesn't
#133  April 19, 2014, 01:03:35 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Is this useful for the air strong kick?
#134  April 19, 2014, 01:23:26 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona

There's a wee bit too much black on the top of his head - it's easier to notice when it's used alone with other animations.

Today's tweaks:
* Split the current common1.cns into other state files that are likely to get some tweaks down the line, movement.st (for jumps, dashes, etc...) and fluff.st (intros, win and lose poses, stuff like that; taunts are in their own file, but if more than 4 are implemented the project will need to rethink those state numbers). Also, .CNS is for constants, .ST is for states  >:(
* Updated sprpriority to p1sprpriority so FF will complain less,but that'll probably still require tweaks down the line
* There were no values for the hitspark parameters under the [Data] section of the constant files, so I used KFM's - which in turn served as a reminder that that data for the attacks needs tweaking, upon testing in Mugen.
* Changed the Continue animation from the Dizzy one to the Loss byTime Out one - it just fits Ryu better.

I'm not sure why FF is complainig about basics.cns when trying to open Mugen from it, but the character seems fine when opening Mugen by itself - it at least gives out fewer errors now.
#135  April 19, 2014, 01:25:39 am
There's a wee bit too much black on the top of his head - it's easier to notice when it's used alone with other animations.
Of course, it was a quick recolour.
I have said before I'm going to fix all of it (gloves, head, gi etc.). Thanks for saying it anyway. :)

JustNoPoint, (or Loona)
I forgot to add the roll sprites in the .sff for Ryu, and the sprites number 197,4 and 5 are misaligned (the position should be 30,107 for 197,4 and 29,105 for 197,5).
the sprites are still misaligned.
The punches/kicks code works fine for me.
This one is the last you posted in the Expansion topic:
Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:30:22 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#136  April 19, 2014, 01:43:08 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I won't be able to mess with it any more today. So Ryu's SP and SK works while jumping to the left for you? So it's some weird keyboard limitation on my end? Cool. I'll just start using my game pad from now on to be safe then. Swore I used the keyboard before. That wasted a lot of my time for no reason today then :p
#137  April 19, 2014, 02:22:33 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
#138  April 19, 2014, 05:09:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
JustNoPoint, (or Loona)
I forgot to add the roll sprites in the .sff for Ryu, and the sprites number 197,4 and 5 are misaligned (the position should be 30,107 for 197,4 and 29,105 for 197,5).
the sprites are still misaligned.
The punches/kicks code works fine for me.
Fixed those sprites.  The sprites were like that in @Lost_Avenger:  's Ryu. I wonder if he knows about it? Also I don't know how much you're worried about accuracy on the hitboxes but the ones I've given Ryu are adapted from SFA3 and SF3>converted to SFA3 not a billion boxes. So take anything you might find improved. It's just the basics right now.
And yep, tested it and it's just a very specific and weird keyboard limitation. So I spent a long time wracking my brain over coding what was totally correct. Nice to know -_-
I could have finished all the other details of the attacks if that hadn't been messing with me all day!

This one is the last you posted in the Expansion topic:
I don't seem to have an eye for these things but I like that. It just needs 1 more frame for gi/headband movement during the kick itself.
Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:20:01 am by Just No Point
#139  April 19, 2014, 11:44:33 am
I was going to bed! >:(
lol
Different timezones, you know. Now it's 11:46 a.m. in Italy, I don't know in the USA.
Idea! For the stages we could write the hour (like in SF3 3rd Strike), instead of saying Sunset, Midnight etc. .

Also I don't know how much you're worried about accuracy on the hitboxes but the ones I've given Ryu are adapted from SFA3 and SF3>converted to SFA3 not a billion boxes. So take anything you might find improved. It's just the basics right now.
Actually I just want the CLSNs to look good (not too many boxes, no AutoCLSN that of course won't be used here), to have some realism. In fact, in some cases I think they're too big, but since it's accurate to the games you take data from, no complaints from me.

#140  April 19, 2014, 11:47:19 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Many boxes are larger do to emulating the motion of the move. CLSNs are also there to fill in the gaps in all those missing frames.