YesNoOk

Question and Answer character. Answer right or die. (Read 6189 times)

Started by InterRage, August 28, 2007, 10:57:53 pm
Share this topic:
Question and Answer character. Answer right or die.
#1  August 28, 2007, 10:57:53 pm
    • interrage.deviantart.com/
Heh, I have no idea where I should put this. Ideas section, if there was one but...

There has never been in mugen where you fight a character who determines whether you are to win by a set of questions.

the idea has a group of buttons set around the screen. a question pops up, answer it by hitting the true or false button on the left or right side of the screen. A multiple answer question, with like 4 buttons place top, bottom, left and right.
The questions could be about how to make a character, or general knowledge questions.

If you choose a wrong answer you receive damage, and if you answer correctly, the game receives damage.

another idea where if you hit a wrong answer on a certain question, a character like, shingouki or whoever shows up and you haveto fight him. Defeat him(which shouldn't be as hard as the original) and questions resume until you answer all questions until the game dies and you win the fight.

anyone have thoughts about this idea?
Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:00:38 pm by InterRage
Re: Question and Answer character. Answer right or die.
#2  August 28, 2007, 11:07:46 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
The idea is great. Except that you can't make another character to appear if only you hadn't included him along with the main quiz char.
#3  August 28, 2007, 11:26:59 pm
ok, so if anything. If you get a wrong answer a sprite animation like Shinku Hadouken comes blasting through, and it actually might be possible to dodge too.

I'm thinking back to the character MM_ROX. For that inclusion of a character in place to deal out a punishment for a wrong answer.
#4  August 29, 2007, 12:16:15 am
I think it would be more fun if a bus crashes on your head (unblockable). Or a giant hammer. Or 100t.
#5  August 29, 2007, 12:29:06 am
oh for sure, anything would be legit. Maybe one where a bird poops on your head for the first question answered wrong. no damage.
#6  August 29, 2007, 12:40:12 am
#7  August 29, 2007, 01:08:45 am
There's so much you could do with this type of creation. It'd definitely be fun to play with.

BTW, great sprites you have in your signature! I can see Berserk characters. Your work?
thanks, Yea I've been working on making just about every main character from the series.
#8  August 29, 2007, 08:59:51 am
  • I made it up for a videogame.
How would you put answering the questions in place? I mean, if it was true or false, you could make the the character be able to move so he could smack the buttons. If multiple choice, you might have to change it so that one keyboard button = one answer.
What's the good of phenomenal cosmic power if you can't blow something up?
#9  August 29, 2007, 09:02:49 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
That idea sounds too troublesome. Why don't you just play stepmania or ddr or something like that? lol
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#10  August 29, 2007, 09:55:03 am
@Jeabus: if the right answer button was at the top of the screen you'd haveto jump and hit it.

That idea sounds too troublesome. Why don't you just play stepmania or ddr or something like that? lol
I'm sure the creators of stepmania or ddr were thinking the same thing. "lets go play some pong, this is too troublesome."
Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:04:06 am by InterRage
#11  August 29, 2007, 10:02:25 am
It is possible. I may be able to help with coding if anything.
#12  August 29, 2007, 10:06:14 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Can be done by coding a hitdef on the buttons that will send you/opponent to a custom state.
#13  August 29, 2007, 01:42:29 pm
My idea was to create helpers which would represent each button. trigger1 = helper(1000),movecontact (or helper(1000),var(x)) -> something happens. Not necessarily with sending an opponent into custom states.
#14  August 29, 2007, 02:54:07 pm
Just to stoke the fire.

Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 03:06:11 pm by InterRage
#15  August 29, 2007, 10:13:08 pm
  • I made it up for a videogame.
Meh. Egg came first.
What's the good of phenomenal cosmic power if you can't blow something up?
#16  August 29, 2007, 11:14:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
except that is not movecontact,but rather detecting when it is hit...

rephrasing, you want to have targets in the stage that represent answer, then have a question pop and the target that gets hit first is considered the answer the player gave, after that, you evaluate the answer and go to an action depending on it?
#17  August 30, 2007, 05:29:41 am
I know implementing ideas into things that would work for mugen is a process. I'd like to see this idea come about, even though I'm still a beginner, I can still use art to complement it.

#18  September 09, 2007, 02:07:05 am
got a few more things that'll take this game to a funner level.

Timed Questions. there's a time limit that is displayed at the bottom of the screen, and obviously not answering the questions in time will deal you damage. Maybe an animation of a countdown on a timed bomb, or a fused bomb.

Bonus points and Time Attack. The beginning questions are general knowledge with a 40 sec timer, but if you answer incorrectly the timer cuts in half on the next question. keep answering wrong as the timer keeps getting cut in half from 40 to 20 to 10 to 5 and the timer shuts off.
Now the questions become like kindergarten variety :) .........but a different timer now counts down from 3 and at a rapid rate.

correct questions earn your main time limit back by 5 seconds back to 40. No damage to the game if you answer correctly on these. but damage is sustained on you if you miss one.
#19  September 09, 2007, 02:22:23 am
Here's my question, is there a way to differentiate wrong answers and right ones? Aside the damage results to and from the player.  how would mugen recognize it and then go into a time attack mode.
#20  September 09, 2007, 04:47:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it would not really be mugen, but the character the one that is doing the recognizing.
#21  September 09, 2007, 05:08:39 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Variables, thats the answer.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#22  September 09, 2007, 05:12:48 pm
Thats a strange idea, but yeah.

What if a char has big beams that hit all at once, you hurt it and get hurt MORE XD

and if you hit a wrong one it goes BOOM in his face XD

EDIT: Damn, as soon as I posted Anjel posted, who cares XD

No Borders, No Nations
#23  September 09, 2007, 11:56:25 pm
Idk maybe I should just add an evil game show host or some evil genius sitting just off the sidelines, who's lost his mind and figured that humanity isn't all that cracked up to be, and so he's going to hassle everyone with his "evil" survey.

Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:55:20 am by InterRage
#24  September 14, 2007, 03:24:11 am
  • do it or i will kick you
good ideal i would download it