YesNoOk

CVS SPRITES COMPENDIUM - HELP WANTED (Spriters/Sprite editers/artists)  (Read 6116088 times)

Started by Peter H., September 10, 2008, 04:48:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVS3: Revenge of Iron Fist - Help wanted! Spriters/Sprite Editors/etc
#21  September 10, 2008, 08:38:52 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
One last time, I'll say this:

The project is NOT in a condition where it CAN die.  As long as me and Burn continue to function, the project lives, with or without help.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#22  September 10, 2008, 08:43:59 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Something "original"?  I'm not sure as to what you mean, as I've never heard of a game titled "Revenge of Iron Fist".

Revenge = One of the most overused subtitles for a movie/game/book/etc
Fist = A stereotypically used word for a bunch of martial arts movies/games/books/etc
Iron Fist = TEKKEN LOL are you going to throw in Tekken characters

Also a thought came up last night. If you're doing a Hokuto no Ken groove, that will totally destroy any balance the game will have. Whereas the grooves in CvS share a pretty basic combo system, Hokuto no Ken's emphasis on making huge combos and exploiting infinites for said combos could pretty much shatter whatever balance might be left in the game.

On a side note, Hokuto no Ken wasn't really a great game and pulling anything from it is pretty much a bad idea.
#23  September 10, 2008, 11:11:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
In my experience, if he keeps regular hitdefs, the hnk groove might not be that cheap; but the comment is still valid as something to keep in mind.

The logic is: JoJo isn't Capcom, but Capcom made a fighting game using JoJo characters. Same logic with Marvel and D&D chars.

With this point of view, if SEGA releases a great fighting game like CvS, Michael Jackson could be in the game (since SEGA made Moonwalker for Genesis/Master System).

I think that hardly matters, since unlike capcom or anyother companies he does not has to pay any royalties.
#24  September 10, 2008, 11:19:58 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'd wish you good luck...but with that list and no sprites I wish you a miracle.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Re: CVS3: Kiseki
#25  September 10, 2008, 11:24:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Being in a relatively similar position myself, I suggest you to prioritize the chars and amke a list with that priority.
#26  September 11, 2008, 01:31:50 am
    • USA
wake me up when september ends this game manages to have at least 5 playable chars...

... I guess never :P
#27  September 11, 2008, 01:57:43 am
  • King of Sona
sweet dreams man nice coma man  ;P
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#28  September 11, 2008, 05:02:23 am
I'd wish you good luck...but with that list and no sprites I wish you a miracle.

+1 since you've added more than 20 chars :o... If I speculate this will took more than 5 years & that's if you're lucky to have a volunteers who wants to work onto your project. Believe me working only 1 character already makes me creep to waste my time eventhough I'm free right now... So it's really ambitious the project that you've made o_O. & don't get me wrong I didn't mean to let you down on this project...

The project is NOT in a condition where it CAN die.  As long as me and Burn continue to function, the project lives, with or without help.

WTF?! You're a machines, aren't you?
Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:10:24 am by VioFitz
#29  September 11, 2008, 05:45:46 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I agree with Son Goku.  Try starting out w/ something small, say 5 on the capcom side and 5 on the SNK side.  It sounds too little, but once you start coding and working w/ your sprites 10 characters might still seem too much.  Good luck w/ this project though  ;)
Unless your team got more than 2 persons... I mean, like 5 or 6, minimum, it's not just creating chars, you also have to make stages, lifebars, a good (or at least decent) screenpack, a template to code your chars, etc.

A game is A LOT of work, that's what I support DM/Goku about creating a game, especially one like CVS3. It's not easy and it's many time, I'm talking about years. And I said this as a former member of MugenHispania's CVS3 game (RIP)...

No Dhalsim?
No Yun?
No Gai Tendou?? :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#30  September 11, 2008, 08:08:19 am
Something "original"?  I'm not sure as to what you mean, as I've never heard of a game titled "Revenge of Iron Fist".

Revenge = One of the most overused subtitles for a movie/game/book/etc
Fist = A stereotypically used word for a bunch of martial arts movies/games/books/etc
Iron Fist = TEKKEN LOL are you going to throw in Tekken characters
[/quote]
One, you're trying entirely too hard.  Two, you do know that King of Fighters has used the term "iron fist" on many occasion, right? 

Also a thought came up last night. If you're doing a Hokuto no Ken groove, that will totally destroy any balance the game will have. Whereas the grooves in CvS share a pretty basic combo system, Hokuto no Ken's emphasis on making huge combos and exploiting infinites for said combos could pretty much shatter whatever balance might be left in the game.
This is why I say you shouldn't be bothered with the details on how the game will play, mostly because you're wrong, and secondly because I am well aware of how to balance out a game/character.  HNK, and by that, I mean the game's system itself, does not emphasize exploiting infinites, and any exploitations of the engine itself (infinite "dribbling") is based on a glitch that the programmers overlooked (as in, location tests did not reveal the glitch in time to be removed before the game's release).  Infinites were never really ever based on the basic system of a fighting game anyway, as it has, and most likely always will be, the character's moveset that leads to said infinites.  FOR EXAMPLE:  SOUTHER.  Easy infinite.  CREDIT = ALL HIM.  SPEED UP SUPER -> LAUNCH YOU -> THROW SPEARS AD INFINITUM.  Had nothing to do with the game's mechanics whatsoever, Souther is just full of shit. 

However, HNK's system is meant to be very balanced.  The pushback values are rediculous.  The gravity limits comboes excessively if it weren't for dribbling.  That's really all you even need.  Implementing it in a game like CVS2?  Easy, and not unbalanced at all, provided I don't do anything stupid like bring the glitches over.  Ryu doing a wall combo would probably look something like this after successfully sending the opponent to the wall:

c. Hp -> f+mk -> c. Hp -> f+mk -> c. Hp -> f+mk -> c. Hp -> f+mk -> shinkuhadoken.  To the wall comboes scale damage to hell, so that combo would probably be less than 35% damage.

Anyway, I've gone too far off on a tangent.  It's too early to be speculating anything on this anyway, which is the reason I'm telling folks not to worry about the condition of the game.  Again, for what I'm asking, it's not your concern.

On a side note, Hokuto no Ken wasn't really a great game and pulling anything from it is pretty much a bad idea.
Oppinions.  These help my project along because it progresses things.

Being in a relatively similar position myself, I suggest you to prioritize the chars and amke a list with that priority.
Finally, usefullness.  Will do, sir.  Thank you kindly.

+1 since you've added more than 20 chars :o... If I speculate this will took more than 5 years & that's if you're lucky to have a volunteers who wants to work onto your project. Believe me working only 1 character already makes me creep to waste my time eventhough I'm free right now... So it's really ambitious the project that you've made o_O. & don't get me wrong I didn't mean to let you down on this project...
Well the thing is, this thread is to get people to edit the colors of pre existing sprites to make them mimick the color style of CVS2.  Right now, I'm working on Shen Woo, and really, it's takes way less than 10 minutes a sprite to convert to CVS2 quality.  Had I the will to actually work on this all day, I could get two thirds of his sprites converted easily.  This is actually all I'm asking of anyone else.  For the Street fighter 3 characters, however, the trick there is actually only to cut out a few frames of animation and resize.  Does the trick just fine in normal mugen, shouldn't be a problem for anyone else either.

WTF?! You're a machines, aren't you?
Actually, we just have a different method.  Whereas other unnamed creators who's projects fail due to loss of interest, lack of patience, time constraints and whatnot, we simply say "we're doing this, come aboard if you like", and push the projects along as progress demands.  We also don't have a team - as in, no one to argue with over whether this looks right, or I don't like this, or any other somesuch needless bunk.  This is the internet, your resources are all around you.  If your project fails, it's because you failed.  Instead of letting a setback make everything come to a screeching hault, instead, why not put effort into something else that's still somewhat related?  Our jobs allow us to put time into this kind of stuff and dick around like deadbeats while still getting our recreational goals accomplished.  This is where my confidence comes from.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

- Peter
#31  September 11, 2008, 08:21:04 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
One, you're trying entirely too hard.  Two, you do know that King of Fighters has used the term "iron fist" on many occasion, right?
You do realized you just pwned yourself by saying that Iron Fist has been used on "many occasions" by KOF, right?

This is why I say you shouldn't be bothered with the details on how the game will play, mostly because you're wrong, and secondly because I am well aware of how to balance out a game/character.
Biased opinions, ignoring. I (and others) could easily pull up evidence that the second statement is wrong (IIRC, weren't you trying to stop Phantom from removing an infinite from a character that was inherent to the source game?), but I'll just ignore that for now.

Well the thing is, this thread is to get people to edit the colors of pre existing sprites to make them mimick the color style of CVS2.
Wait, so you'll shrug off most feedback/criticisms and just ask for people to give you stuff for nothing?

That does it, I'm going to make Melty Blood vs. Big Bang Beat, /r/ spriters for the various special states I'll be making, and you'll just have to trust me that I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE GOOD BALANCED GAMES. OH AND POTS, DON'T REMOVE THAT INFINITE FROM GEESE.
CVS SPRITES COMPENDIUM - HELP WANTED (Spriters/Sprite editers/artists)
#32  September 11, 2008, 08:30:36 am
I now see the error of my ways.  I totally went about this entirely the wrong way, when I created this thread.  To those who gave some helpful advice, thanks, it is appreciated.  But for others, it seems like I would have had to pull a 1960's government during JFK, and control the information being released, not allowing them the respect to know what the end product really was.  Too bad I cannot go back in time completely fulfill this.  Instead, topic change.  And reintroducing the thread as well.  So let's restart, since we got off on the wrong foot, shall we?

HELLO ALL!  DOMO DOMO!!!  HARD GAY!!  I'd wish to start work on a huge collection of CVS inspired spritesets for the list of characters I will post below.  But I'll need help along the way, so here's where you come in! :D  I need volunteer sprite editers/artists who would be willing to join in creating this huge collection, and easy enough, my standards for acheivement aren't high at all.  

For SNK characters, most of them will need some resizing and recoloring to fit in with the CVS crowd, but for games like SF3, we'll simply resize and cut animation where it's too heavy.  Alpha's, marvel games, and darkstalkers only need resizing, so there's not too much of a need to fix every detail there (besides, some have already been converted when imported to Capcom Fighting Jam :sugoi:, so feel free to be lazy there).  Any character that is being redrawn over will be so by me, 'less you're that damn badass, and want to do that for me as well.  Anyway, here's the list!

There is no rush, you may take your time while working on this.  No deadlines, no nothing.  One person may team up with others to speed finish one character if that's what you guys would like to do, but remember, teamwork.  If you choose a character to work on, you must first complete a sprite set of over 20 sprites before sending me anything, and I will only take it through email.  No send requests through aim/msn/any IM will be honored, and you must first join before working on the cast.  If sprite editing isn't your thing, and you really do want to do a complete overhaul, be my guest.

Ramirez.leonard@gmail.com

I think I covered everything....  alright guys, don't let me down!

*will be redone in order of priority later*
*New characters

**************************************************************************************************
CAPCOM
**************************************************************************************************
Street Fighter Alpha
Guy (resize)
Rose (resize)
Karin (resize)
Gen (resize)
Birdie (resize)
R. Mika (resize)
Adon (resize)
Athletic Chun Li (resize)

Super Turbo
Fei Long (resize)
Cammy (edit/resize)
Dee Jay (resize)
T. Hawk (resize)

Street Fighter 3
Elena (resize/edit)
Ibuki (resize/edit)
Yang (resize/edit)
Dudley (resize/edit)
Remy (resize/edit)
Makoto (resize/edit)
Oro (resize/edit)
Necro (resize/edit)
Sean (resize/edit)
Alex (resize/edit)
Gill (resize/edit)
Urien (resize/edit)
Hugo
Q

Plasma Sword
Hayato (resize)

Breath of Fire
Katt (draw)

Darkstalkers
Felicia (resize)
Talbain (resize)
Lei Lei (resize)
Jedah (resize)
Rikou (resize)
Huitzil (resize)
Demitri (resize)
Lilith (resize)
Zabel

Devil May Cry
Dante

Jojo
Jotaro
Dio
Midler

Strider
Strider Hiryu (resize)

Resident Evil
Jill Valentine (resize)

Final Fight
Cody (resize/edit)
Haggar (edit)
Lucia (draw)

Battle Circuit
Yellow Iris (draw)

Warzard
Leo

Power Stone
Rouge (draw)
Falcon (draw)
Ayane (draw)
Wang (draw)

Rival Schools

D&D
Elf (resize/edit)

Marvel
Captain Commando (resize)
Jin (resize)
Wolverine
Gambit
Psylocke

Total:  55

SNK
King of Fighters
Shen Woo (edit/resize)
Oswald (edit/resize)
Ash (edit/resize)
Vanessa (edit/resize)
Andy Bogard (edit/resize)
Momoko (edit/resize)
Athena Asamiya (sprite overhaul)
Blue Mary (edit/resize)
Leona (edit/resize)
K' (edit/resize)

Mark of the Wolves
Kain R Heinlein (edit/resize)
B. Jenet (edit/resize)
Gato (edit/resize)
Hotaru Futaba (edit/resize)
Freeman (edit/resize)

Maximum Impact
Louis Meyrink (draw)
Nanase (draw)

Samurai Showdown
Galford (edit/resize)
Genjuro (edit/resize)
Mina (edit/resize)
Iroha (edit/resize)
Rimururu (edit/resize)

Rage of the Dragons
Billy (edit/resize)
Jimmy (edit/resize)
Sonia (edit/resize)
Cassandra (edit/resize)
Johann (edit/resize)
Annie (edit/resize)

Athena!
Goddess Athena (draw)

Galaxy Fight
Roomi (edit/resize)
Al (edit/resize)

Waku Waku 7
Rai (edit/resize)
Slash (edit/resize)
Dandy J (edit/resize)
Tesse (edit/resize)
Arina (edit/resize)

Last Blade
Kaede (edit/resize)
Moriya (edit/resize)
Akane (edit/resize)

Art of Fighting

World Heroes
Neo Dio (edit/resize)

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:46:28 am by Sol Badguy Z
#33  September 11, 2008, 08:40:10 am
You do realized you just pwned yourself by saying that Iron Fist has been used on "many occasions" by KOF, right?

*facepalm*

.......Moving swiftly along.

This is why I say you shouldn't be bothered with the details on how the game will play, mostly because you're wrong, and secondly because I am well aware of how to balance out a game/character.
Biased opinions, ignoring. I (and others) could easily pull up evidence that the second statement is wrong (IIRC, weren't you trying to stop Phantom from removing an infinite from a character that was inherent to the source game?), but I'll just ignore that for now.
Dude, what are you talking about?  Go derail someone else's thread.  If I were some weaker we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years, I'd just report you, but I suppose watching you make an ass out of yourself is an even better option.  So keep up the good work.

Well the thing is, this thread is to get people to edit the colors of pre existing sprites to make them mimick the color style of CVS2.
Wait, so you'll shrug off most feedback/criticisms and just ask for people to give you stuff for nothing?
Welcome to the internet.

That does it, I'm going to make Melty Blood vs. Big Bang Beat, /r/ spriters for the various special states I'll be making, and you'll just have to trust me that I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE GOOD BALANCED GAMES. OH AND POTS, DON'T REMOVE THAT INFINITE FROM GEESE.
I don't know where to begin correcting you on what was said to PotS during the Guy balancing, but I think I'll just leave you guessing.  Everytime someone defending him takes a stand, they wind up coming at me with some really fucked up misinformation which I really don't want to get into since I hate repeating myself.  Did I mention I hate repeating myself?

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
#34  September 11, 2008, 08:48:52 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

*facepalm*

.......Moving swiftly along.
My point is that it makes the title even more cliché

Dude, what are you talking about?  Go derail someone else's thread.  If I were some weaker we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years, I'd just report you, but I suppose watching you make an ass out of yourself is an even better option.  So keep up the good work.
You were saying I "don't know what I'm talking about" and that you're capable of balancing a game on your own. I made a joke about a prior event where you wanted PotS to keep an infinite in (I really don't see how you can justify that).

By all means report me, I'd like to see how the staff responds to it.

Welcome to the internet.
You do realize no one will be willing to help you on those grounds then, right?

I don't know where to begin correcting you on what was said to PotS during the Guy balancing, but I think I'll just leave you guessing.  Everytime someone defending him takes a stand, they wind up coming at me with some really fucked up misinformation which I really don't want to get into since I hate repeating myself.  Did I mention I hate repeating myself?
No go ahead and correct me, I'd like to know the errors of my ways so that I may be a better Christian
#35  September 11, 2008, 09:09:38 am
My point is that it makes the title even more cliché
Cosmetic concern is cosmetic.  Care not.  Read.

You were saying I "don't know what I'm talking about" and that you're capable of balancing a game on your own. I made a joke about a prior event where you wanted PotS to keep an infinite in (I really don't see how you can justify that).
I was simply pretending not to know what you were talking about based on the statement I made later in that post, detailing that you DON'T know what I actually said to PotS (which is why whenever anyone tries to fight on someone else's behalf, they autofail miserably)

By all means report me, I'd like to see how the staff responds to it.
By all means READ.  I basically said I don't need staff to INTERFERE with my dealings with someone else, and that I can handle myself.  Besides, I kept my sig the same for a reason.

Welcome to the internet.
You do realize no one will be willing to help you on those grounds then, right?
Because you can speak for anyone and everyone.

No go ahead and correct me, I'd like to know the errors of my ways so that I may be a better Christian
Fine.  This'll be the last time I reply to you anyway, as obvious encouraged troll is obvious.  Whoever sent you failed doubly as miserably as you did.  I told PotS to reduce the amount of times the slash kick could be looped instead of take out the loop entirely.  His guy plays nothing like Alpha/cvs/cfj anything anyway, so stating that removing it was in the name of authenticity is completely and utterly dillusional.

BYE.

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
Re: CVS SPRITES COMPENDIUM - HELP WANTED (Spriters/Sprite editers/artists)
#36  September 11, 2008, 09:14:10 am
[02:58] titiln9: maybe it'd be a good idea to make a sample sprite for each character that needs conversion
[02:58] titiln9: then whoever would like to edit the whole spriteset would have something to go from
Thanks for the info dude, will do!

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
#37  September 11, 2008, 09:18:31 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Cosmetic concern is cosmetic.  Care not.  Read.
lol okay

I was simply pretending not to know what you were talking about based on the statement I made later in that post, detailing that you DON'T know what I actually said to PotS (which is why whenever anyone tries to fight on someone else's behalf, they autofail miserably)
Except I'm not fighting on PotS' behalf. I'm just going on a contradiction I heard that hinders your argument.

By all means READ.  I basically said I don't need staff to INTERFERE with my dealings with someone else, and that I can handle myself.  Besides, I kept my sig the same for a reason.
I did. I was just challenging you to do it because I personally would like to see how they'd handle it.

Because you can speak for anyone and everyone.
I'm pretty sure the average person isn't willing to put in the amount of time and effort you are demanding for this project, especially when there has been NO proof of any work that you've done yourself.

His guy plays nothing like Alpha/cvs/cfj anything anyway, so stating that removing it was in the name of authenticity is completely and utterly dillusional.
You're throwing an HnK groove into Capcom and SNK characters (correction, add on the Marvel and Jojo characters) so I don't see where the whole problem with "authenticity" is.
#38  September 11, 2008, 09:19:04 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
also you do the "longcat is long" joke too much
#39  September 11, 2008, 11:39:05 am
OMG Jojo is not officially by Capcom!!! Just like the confusions in REDHOT'S MvC3:Final Battle of Heroes.

In MvC3 there is someone who suggest Dio. And in this fullgame they added two characters from Jojo which are Jotaro and Midler. What the heck!!! >:( >:(

Ohhh They are have Power Stone Characters I love them.

Here's a power stone sprite edits:

Only Ayame and Wang-Tang

Those sprites are made by a deviantart member named chloebs.

I asked permission to share her sprites.

And Also No Art of Fighting Characters!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:50:35 pm by Jeager
#40  September 11, 2008, 06:27:33 pm
Because there seems to  be many people wanting you to fail i will do the opposite and wish you massive success on this project even if it does take a lifetime to complete