YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting (Read 1965145 times)

Started by Mastertkof, January 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting
#621  November 15, 2023, 10:49:04 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
 :mwhoa:
Everything looks really great! You are carrying out this project of converting and transferring 3D graphics to 2D in an amazing way!
#622  November 19, 2023, 07:08:53 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 12:52:56 am by Mastertkof
#623  November 19, 2023, 01:28:51 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

More than awesome work!!!

Also, I've reduced Cammy's stance up to 11 frames instead of 71 it now has
I swear there was something cool here!!
#624  November 19, 2023, 11:10:10 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I'm sincerely fascinated with the outcome of your tests.

Sakura looks pretty good, but these Zangief sprites look really fantastic.
I guess it's easier to use your method for bigger characters, because details are less clustered which gives better results.
Simplier design also helps here, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm kinda hyped to see what will you do with Cammy.
You're doing great job,sir!
#625  November 20, 2023, 03:34:08 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Zangief look amazing!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#626  December 04, 2023, 02:38:51 am
  • Jacey Gordon Howe
    • Canada
Uhh, the images won't load...
Canada is full of magic and wonders... especially MUGEN too...
#627  December 04, 2023, 08:25:07 pm
If you're looking at the first pages, of course they won't load, they're either deleted (by him) or lost in time because the various image hosting sites delete stuff after a certain period of time.
This topic started as a project for his original character but he changed it numerous times until he decided to make it about his 3d models of Street Fighter characters.
#628  December 20, 2023, 05:44:52 pm

#629  February 11, 2024, 05:26:39 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Zangief is looking really good so far. Sakura is also looking pretty nice. Honestly nice that you decreased the amount of frames to some of her animations to make her animate more like the other 3rd Strike characters. I take it you're still gonna do that to the rest of her moves?

sure

Loved how this project goes, keep going the good work!! :D

A question, I noticed you want to make 4th Assault as a fullgame, so your exclusive chars will be exclusive of it or will be released also separated for normal MUGEN?? (I hope yes, I'd love to get that Sakura in my roster)

idk about codes, but sprites will be free to use

:mwhoa:
Everything looks really great! You are carrying out this project of converting and transferring 3D graphics to 2D in an amazing way!

thanks

I'm sincerely fascinated with the outcome of your tests.

Sakura looks pretty good, but these Zangief sprites look really fantastic.
I guess it's easier to use your method for bigger characters, because details are less clustered which gives better results.
Simplier design also helps here, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm kinda hyped to see what will you do with Cammy.
You're doing great job,sir!

thanks bro

Zangief look amazing!

thank you

some sakura tests

#630  February 11, 2024, 08:19:06 am
    • Brazil
#631  February 11, 2024, 12:36:13 pm

Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 01:24:15 pm by FeLo_Llop
#632  February 11, 2024, 05:00:26 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
One thing that I think would greatly help making it look like SF3 (and I think this has been said before) is to cut down some frames. As they are right now they still look like 3D.
Compare the actual SF3 sprites in the example with the 3D ones, the 3D ones are WAY smoother. Sakura and Cammy are almost there but they are still too smooth IMO.
And another thing that I think can be done in post, is to adjust the palettes. I feel like it lacks a bit of contrast. The SF3 sprites have darker areas while yours are a bit too bright. Also, making the outline more visible could work too (Chun-Li is a good example, the lines in her boots are way more defined in her SF3 sprites than the white areas of the 3D sprites).
Finally, picking colors directly from the SF3 sprites would be what sells it. Skin tones, shadows, etc.

Overall, I like the direction this is going.
#633  February 12, 2024, 01:00:52 am
    • Brazil

Looking at this, the sprites look good, but they clearly do NOT look like SF3, so I hope you still intend to adjust them further.

This is the closest the rips could arrive to. Also, spriting is hard while spitting is easy as Hell. It would be nice to see you saying something constructive, here or in another topic you pop up. Thanks
Calling out a problem in the design IS constructive and not "spitting". Blindly praising, like you do, on the other hand, doesn't help anyone improve on anything. So, mind your own damn business.
#634  February 12, 2024, 01:19:24 am

Looking at this, the sprites look good, but they clearly do NOT look like SF3, so I hope you still intend to adjust them further.

This is the closest the rips could arrive to. Also, spriting is hard while spitting is easy as Hell. It would be nice to see you saying something constructive, here or in another topic you pop up. Thanks
Calling out a problem in the design IS constructive and not "spitting". Blindly praising, like you do, on the other hand, doesn't help anyone improve on anything. So, mind your own damn business.

I'm involved in the project, so this is my damn bussiness too. Most of the times you pop up in a topic is for spitting your HATE towards everything.

Also, Masterkof is doing an awesome work ripping stuff. Maybe some of the animations have A LOT of frames but we're working hard choosing which frames to put in. Do you know the meaning of "teaser"? Take in count that SF3 is one of a Hell style to sprite, yet imagine doing a whole character. If you don't like the project or all you can say is this kind of "opinion", you'd better say this in another way. As:

- "I know ripping is hard, but the animation has a HIGH framecount"
- "Are you following the SF3 style as close as possible? I'd say Li-Fen is too bright"

THIS, MY MAN. Try doing your opinion this way, everyone will take everything in count in a positive way.
#635  February 12, 2024, 01:35:39 am
    • Brazil
Dude, I literally just said that they look good and do not look like SF3, what about this is "hate"? Get over yourself.
#636  February 12, 2024, 01:52:41 am

Again:

The way you say the things most of the times is like you're literally spitting in other people's work, or games or whatever. In which way they don't look like SF3? I'd like you to ellaborate your opinion. Also, the "I hope you still intend to..." is like saying he's not taking seriously the rippin method. He's showing the rips, and in some ways, the final frames looks close to SF3. Just wait and see it by yourself. Also, compare Elena to Remy. Even Ryu to Q. They folow the general premise of SF3 shading style but NOT exactly the same.

I'm doing the portraits for the game and learnt how to mimic NG/2ndImpact style into pixel. It was hard as Hell. So, my friend, I'd like you to help us with the project, How could you help?

#637  February 12, 2024, 04:19:29 am
    • Brazil
You're making this up on your head. Here is another piece of feedback to you: take feedback and stop being so oversensitive over nothing.
#638  February 12, 2024, 05:57:57 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Here's a piece of advice for you Macaulyn, and it's one I've given before: there are no more thread bans left in your future.

What you gave was not feedback unless you think "I don't like it so fix it" counts. (It doesn't.) So you can type yourself into another corner or you can move on.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#639  February 12, 2024, 06:14:09 pm

Hi there! a small show of portrait. I'm not only sticking to New Generation, but to 3rd Strike too. Tried to translate this one in one of more a classic NG. I'm happy with the result, but I also think I have to check some things(gloves, for example). Ifyou have something to point at, feel wecome to express, C&C are welcome.

These images are not a story mode related thing. Just for giving context.

Have a nice day!