YesNoOk

[Vinnie Thread]: Minazuki Sho and Shadow Yosuke Released (04/13/2024) (Read 1514657 times)

Started by Vinnie, February 02, 2022, 02:43:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Margaret Released (10/11/2023)
#401  November 11, 2023, 03:44:47 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Fixed.
#402  November 12, 2023, 07:18:39 am
    • Malaysia
#403  November 12, 2023, 06:14:21 pm
  • Nowhere to work on, nothin to do.
    • sites.google.com/view/walruso-mugen-site/home
#404  November 14, 2023, 12:16:32 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Is there a way to resize most of your character's astral heat animations to fit widescreen 16:9 stages? Every time I perform them it looks like it was made only to fit the 4:3 ratio and I see black borders on the left and right side of WS stages.
#405  November 14, 2023, 02:38:20 am
    • Vietnam
Hey there, I updated Elizabeth's japanese voice patch against Margaret.
Cool, updated to the site.

Is there a way to resize most of your character's astral heat animations to fit widescreen 16:9 stages? Every time I perform them it looks like it was made only to fit the 4:3 ratio and I see black borders on the left and right side of WS stages.
Unfortunately, no.
#406  November 14, 2023, 02:41:12 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Cool, updated to the site.

Unfortunately, no.

Gotcha thanks for the heads up.
#407  November 14, 2023, 03:28:10 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Did you remove the link to your Google Drive folder, or am I just completely blind?
#408  November 14, 2023, 09:51:14 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Did you remove the link to your Google Drive folder, or am I just completely blind?

You know, there's the site if you want to download characters, but the link is still there on the previous page. Just scroll up to the Saki/Shadow Chie release post and you'll find it.
#409  November 18, 2023, 06:16:16 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Margaret's cool. Here's some stuff I found:

- 236C seems a bit weak for a metered move, unless I'm missing something about it. It could track or hit high
- The corner push on 5C should probably only come into effect when it connects
- Mediarahan feels like it could be a problem in a real match. Especially when you tack it at the end of some chains
- Could probably adjust Hassou Tobi so P2 always ends up between Margaret and the persona. It currently doesn't look as good when catching P2 in a corner because they'll overlap with the persona
- Morning Star is statetype S but she's in the air. It's also invincible start to finish
- Hassou Tobi is also completely invincible
- Morning Star leaves the camera zoomed out in stages with tensionhigh/tensionlow
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 06:42:35 pm by PotS
#410  November 19, 2023, 03:55:50 am
    • Vietnam
Update time.
-5C's cornerpush now only triggers if Ardha's grab connects with the opponnet.
-Adjusted P2's position during Hassou Tobi's custom get-hit states.
-Fixed an error where Morning Star was having the wrong Statetype.
-Significantly reduced invul frames of Hassou Tobi and Morning Star's recovery.

- 236C seems a bit weak for a metered move, unless I'm missing something about it. It could track or hit high
Usually for a special move that cost a meter, I believe somewhere around 120-150 is a decent amount of damage one can deal. This makes sense since Most Distortion Drives deal somewhere around 240-300 damage for two meters. In addition, 236C puts the opponent on the ground for a pretty long amount of time in the first strike so Margaret can even use 2A to pick them up for another combo if she's close enough.

- Mediarahan feels like it could be a problem in a real match. Especially when you tack it at the end of some chains
In P4A, Margaret's Mediarahan is a hyper that cost two meters and can give her a certain amount of invincibility for a short while. However, since she didn't make an appearance in BBTAG, I decided to make a hypothetic moveset for her based on all of her skills she had from the source game. With that being said, reducing the requirement of meter yet completely removing its initial invincibility is a pretty fair move for me which you can also see what BBTAG did to Elizabeth's Diarahan (or check out Elizabeth's 214C as I've also made her a couple months ago.)
#411  November 21, 2023, 05:34:36 pm
    • Malaysia

Link found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EKSmEdJiRD6T-uFZX88AStPyTGqvEKVH/view

also wanna ask do you plan make margeret's jap voicepatch,if not,i i'll do my self

Probably not.... And like what DeathScythe just said, please do not request other people to do things.

first for all,i am not requesting you,just asking you,i means if you do,i won't do it with myself,if you not plan to do it,i will do it for myself

anyway,i make jap voicepatch for margeret
here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jd3lhvziagvv4lg/MargaretJPN.zip/file
#412  November 22, 2023, 03:48:25 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
In addition, 236C puts the opponent on the ground for a pretty long amount of time in the first strike so Margaret can even use 2A to pick them up for another combo if she's close enough.
That makes sense, yeah.

In P4A, Margaret's Mediarahan is a hyper that cost two meters and can give her a certain amount of invincibility for a short while. However, since she didn't make an appearance in BBTAG, I decided to make a hypothetic moveset for her based on all of her skills she had from the source game. With that being said, reducing the requirement of meter yet completely removing its initial invincibility is a pretty fair move for me which you can also see what BBTAG did to Elizabeth's Diarahan (or check out Elizabeth's 214C as I've also made her a couple months ago.)
Oh, what I meant was how much life she recovers. The invincibility is a bit besides the point because it's a move you should never use as a reversal. But in terms of healing potential, she's like Elena on steroids.

Another thing: I don't know what fireballs are like in this style, but 236A feels a bit too good since its only drawback is the recovery. Good startup, instant full screen travel, does 3 hits, massive hitbox, etc.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#413  November 26, 2023, 03:04:40 am
    • Vietnam
I've updated Elizabeth and Margaret again, both should be ready for redownload now.
-Fixed an error where Statedef 5030 used "1" instead of "time > 0" for Veladd.
-Slightly decreased the amount of health healed for 214Cs.

Added your patch to the site.

Another thing: I don't know what fireballs are like in this style, but 236A feels a bit too good since its only drawback is the recovery. Good startup, instant full screen travel, does 3 hits, massive hitbox, etc.
Eh, that's just how Divine Vacuum's projectile works in P4A.
#414  November 26, 2023, 03:54:14 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I took a brief look at the common files and "time > 0" should apply to all get hits and not just 5030. time > 0 for Veladd should be on for all that have "y = GetHitVar(yaccel)" in that state, otherwise the vestigial bug can still occur. Since you only did that on Elizabeth and Margaret right now, hope you remember to do that for the rest when you get around them.

Also, Elizabeth's 4AAAA sometimes doesn't trigger when doing the 4A command normals in a chain. I think it's because of 4AAA's animation as it's too short at the end. You should extend the last two frames of 4AAA from 6 to 8 instead. Otherwise, she'll return to her standing animation and can reset the command normals again and deal more damage when she's not supposed to.

Another small minor error on Margaret as well, the hit counter will reset if you do the 5BB, then 5C and repeat the same combo again. Since the invalid message doesn't appear as the opponent can't recover from 5C, it's counts a 2 different chains instead of part of the same one.

first for all,i am not requesting you,just asking you,i means if you do,i won't do it with myself,if you not plan to do it,i will do it for myself
I never believed you were in the first place. You proved you can as you already made 5 for Ichida before. So there's no reason for someone with a contributor star would request something if they already know how to do it themselves.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#415  November 26, 2023, 11:18:48 am
    • Vietnam
Alright, I got all of them completely fixed this time. Just go ahead and redownload them.

I took a brief look at the common files and "time > 0" should apply to all get hits and not just 5030. time > 0 for Veladd should be on for all that have "y = GetHitVar(yaccel)" in that state, otherwise the vestigial bug can still occur. Since you only did that on Elizabeth and Margaret right now, hope you remember to do that for the rest when you get around them.
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind and have everyone's common1.cns files updated soon since I'm focusing on Yukari right now.

Also, Elizabeth's 4AAAA sometimes doesn't trigger when doing the 4A command normals in a chain. I think it's because of 4AAA's animation as it's too short at the end. You should extend the last two frames of 4AAA from 6 to 8 instead. Otherwise, she'll return to her standing animation and can reset the command normals again and deal more damage when she's not supposed to.
Nah, that's because I used numhelper(298) to determine when Elizabeth can pull out 4AAAA instead of numhelper(7773). Should be fixed now.
#416  November 26, 2023, 11:58:36 am
    • USA
Just checked Margaret again. Now if I do the same 5BB to 5C chain slightly slower, the 2nd time I used 5C can sometimes register as a separate one right when Ardha grabs the opponent. I believe it's either because Yoshisune's helper when he appeared during the 2nd 5BB disappeared already. The helpers on the Personas should remain a few seconds longer after disappearing so they chain each other properly.

Also, I forgot that Margaret's 5A effects are layered behind Kanji's standing animation. Since it's still layered in front on everyone else, I think it has something to do with Kanji's sprpriority rather than her.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind and have everyone's common1.cns files updated soon since I'm focusing on Yukari right now.
Alright, I don't have anything else on the others at the moment.

Nah, that's because I used numhelper(298) to determine when Elizabeth can pull out 4AAAA instead of numhelper(7773). Should be fixed now.
I see. The command was previously a tad restrictive and had to press multiple times just to pull it off. I originally thought making 4AAA's slightly longer would fix that since I decided to try that before reporting, but turns out changing that numhelper was the better idea.
#417  November 26, 2023, 02:58:04 pm
    • Vietnam
I got the bug fixed for Kanji. As for Margaret, hopefully this update will put an end to this 5BB > 5C bug. Not entirely sure if this will still occur on your end but do let me know if it happens. However, keep in mind that some of Margaret's inputs require quick execution for the attacks to link together. A little moment of pausing might cause their movetime to overlap with each other, causing the Personas to disappear sooner than they should.
#418  November 26, 2023, 11:30:31 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Please, there is only the Margartet download link in the firts post, can you add the link to your site? Thank you very much.
#419  November 27, 2023, 02:03:59 am
    • USA
I got the bug fixed for Kanji. As for Margaret, hopefully this update will put an end to this 5BB > 5C bug. Not entirely sure if this will still occur on your end but do let me know if it happens. However, keep in mind that some of Margaret's inputs require quick execution for the attacks to link together. A little moment of pausing might cause their movetime to overlap with each other, causing the Personas to disappear sooner than they should.
I checked and it's fine now. I even tried it the slowest as possible and still managed to get it part of the same string. Since Margaret is the only one that uses 3 Personas, this probably won't be an issue with other Persona characters again since she uses 3 separate helpers in play and the others would have just one. I did had that happen when Cu Chulainn disappears right when first 5C hits, but only when the 2nd 5B missed. But that's fine as it was mistimed.

Although, I found out that it still happens if 5B, 5BB or 5C was chained with Divine Vacuum, Gale Slash, God's Hand, Panta Rhei or Hassou Tobi and jB > jC/j2C instead. I looked at those that just use 1 Persona and their helper still remains for about 2 seconds after disappearing. In Margaret's case, all of her Personas's helpers are already gone while they disappear and causes the chains to be separate. That's probably why the hitbox still remains for the other Persona characters and can only notice this when debug mode is on.
#420  November 27, 2023, 02:59:19 am
    • Vietnam
Please, there is only the Margartet download link in the firts post, can you add the link to your site? Thank you very much.
Just updated the first post again. So yeah, the links are back.

Although, I found out that it still happens if 5B, 5BB or 5C was chained with Divine Vacuum, Gale Slash, God's Hand, Panta Rhei or Hassou Tobi and jB > jC/j2C instead. I looked at those that just use 1 Persona and their helper still remains for about 2 seconds after disappearing. In Margaret's case, all of her Personas's helpers are already gone while they disappear and causes the chains to be separate. That's probably why the hitbox still remains for the other Persona characters and can only notice this when debug mode is on.
This happens due to the reason that the current Persona helper has to disappear to leave space for the new one. To put this simple, Personas have the "this move will come out at their current location" attacks. With the case of the counter resetting itself when the helper destroys itself, sometimes this bug would be inevitable if the timing was not fast enough or Destroyself were left unchecked. For example, Elizabeth's 5BBB > 214A will always be counted as 6 hits, but Margaret's 5BBB > 214B can only be counted as 7 hits if Margaret is close to the opponent enough or fast enough before Yoshitsune's 5BBB leaves the screen for 214B because he disappears and reappears right after, or else the first 4 hits will be subsided. This small oversight, however, I believe that it doesn't only occur with Margaret yet everybody can have this bug remains due to how the Personas were coded. Another example for this counter bug I can mention here is OHMSBY's Yu. If you do 5BB > 214B without having Yu making any physical contact with the opponent first, the combo will not be counted as 5 hits, but 2 or 3 instead. Eventually I still have no idea whether it's just how the Personas functions or it's an oversight that can be fixed. I'll let OHMSBY know about this in his respective thread.