YesNoOk

Heihachi Mishima, OPEN FOR BETA TESTING (Read 3927 times)

Started by poisonbite01, October 03, 2011, 07:53:45 am
Share this topic:
Heihachi Mishima, OPEN FOR BETA TESTING
New #1  October 03, 2011, 07:53:45 am

Heihachi Mishima with a Tekken Tag moveset, sprites ripped by Dazz from "Namco x Capcom" ( i know he says credit is not required, but I feel it is due)
Progress - 75-80 percent, maybe?

-Edit hitboxes/vels so he can't get so close his hitboxes can't collide with "stick-figure" shaped collision boxes
-edit walk/walk back animation
-code demon shout, geta stomp, dark thrust, Running, leaping side kick, running slide kickAuger, Supercharger, 10 hit combo 1-4, super uppercut grab
-animate Dark thrust, running, leaping side kick, running slide kick, auger, supercharger, super uppercut grab
-edit poweradds in his moves
-sound effects
-hitsparks
-increase size of "Uppercut grab" hitbox on the stomp so it can hit opponents that might fall slightly out of range.

Help needed in these areas:
-Acquiring sound effects/sparks
-Advice on working with hit sparks
-Walk animation (how does it look?)
May add more later

Areas I'm not fixing yet until the final release, but am taking suggestions for changes:
-Speed of his attacks
-Damage of his attacks
May add more later

Download: version 0.2 Beta
http://www.mediafire.com/?bm8bg8rqbtg4swg

After my work on the Jin character, I felt I had accomplished all I could until I got some more practice with coding and spriting, so I started a new project. There already is a Heihachi character around (by Shimon), but ima still make one of my own. (I mean, seriously, how many Ryus are there?)

Anyway, here is my progress so far
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaRSm9UVOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-q8IOFBjs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWJTC5GwWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBv77JVqoqw

He has almost all of his moves coded/animated, 2 grapples, one with an extra Super level, and the other with 2 super levels above it. All that's left is to animate his taunt, and add electricity to some of his moves. I also need to replace the hitsparks with lightning, and put them in a proper position. That's all!

If you have any recommendations on characters with similar voices/attack sounds, that'd be great, and if you know where I could get some good electricity sparks (some of his moves have electricity on them) that would be appreciated.

Please, I am open to feedback and contstructive criticism, but please don't talk to me like I'm four. I am a little mroe experienced with coding, and more careful, so please, feel free to elaborate in as much detail as you feel is necessary. However, please don't be upset if I ask you to explain something about it.

I would also appreciate feedback on how he plays as a Tekken-based character. Do his moves work the same way? Do they do justice to his insane amount of damage? etc etc

Thank you for your interest, and your time, and enjoy Heihachi!

Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:56:49 am by poisonbite01
Re: Heihachi Mishima
#2  October 03, 2011, 11:01:41 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good to see Tekken chars in mugen even if I'm not really in the SD thing. :S
Try to improve some animations, the limitations of NxC have to be improved.
Also why not jut using normal screenshot? F12. :)
Re: Heihachi Mishima
#3  October 03, 2011, 11:13:43 am
Well, as far as sprites go, it's all that I've got without ripping them from tekken myself. Which I actually thought about doing....but for one good looking idle animation it would take me probably close to 3 hours of work. -shakes head- Not into that much work for something I'm jsut playing with.

BUt you are right. I actually downloaded the game so I could try and rip sprites of my own for the other characters (there is no way Mokujin doesn't have ANY attacks....lol)

I'm doing my best with what I have, and I'll have an arcade fight vid up soon, once I finish his new grab.
Re: Heihachi Mishima, OPEN FOR BETA TESTING
#4  October 05, 2011, 08:42:40 pm
Heihachi Version 1.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?990ykidc6yp4lsn

Fixed
-edited Hitbox on "Stomp" in Grab, Throw, Stomp move
-Added in his "Level 2" version of Grab, Throw, Stomp
-Added in his "level 3" version of Grab, Throw, Stomp
-Added in a "level 2" version of "Stonehead"
-added Win, Lose, Intro poses.
-edited poweradds, I might make them higher based on his performance in combat

Problems
-Coding Demon Shout should have been very simple. It's just Demon Boar to Dragon's breath. However, when I tried to do it, it refused to work when using a command. SO I am going to come back to this move....later.

Still Need to Fix
-Edit hitboxes/vels so he can't get so close his hitboxes can't collide with "stick-figure" shaped collision boxes
-edit walk/walk back animation
-code geta stomp, dark thrust, Running, leaping side kick, running slide kickAuger, Supercharger, 10 hit combo 1-4,
-animate Dark thrust, running, leaping side kick, running slide kick, auger, supercharger,
-sound effects
-hitsparks
#5  October 05, 2011, 10:54:56 pm
    • mugengodz.ucoz.com/forum/
i think it is pretty good considering it is the first "I" have seeen. good job! loving the effects.

#6  October 05, 2011, 11:05:53 pm
Thanks so much ^^
#7  October 05, 2011, 11:24:38 pm
  • TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.........
Wasn't this released by shimon a long time ago as a Namco vs Capcom character?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Use spoilers so you don't clutter up the forum!!!
#8  October 06, 2011, 12:16:34 am
Yeah, I mentioned that, but he only had, like 90 sprites and most of his attacks were th same ones just slowed down. So I found a sprite sheet and got to work on my own version.
#9  October 08, 2011, 08:35:29 am
Just sort of posting an update. I'm not putting up a link just mentioning my progress with an edited checklist!!

Heihachi Checklist

-code running slide kick, Auger(taunt), Supercharger(damage increase), 10 hit combo 2-4,
-animate running slide kick, auger, supercharger,
-hitsparks
-Still has no voices, though I'm going to add in some grunts that someone says are from Tekken 2 Heihachi

Fixed
-Fixed Demon Shout
-coded/animated Geta Stomp
-Fixed Demon Scissors so you can't combo into Demon Scissors Standing Right Kick AFTER SRK hits.
-Put in Dark Thrust. I pretty much coded it as any "rising" move, but i left out ALL collision boxes before the actually move strikes.
-I did the running animations, but I'm not happy with them. I'll come back to them later.
-Added in different "hit" sound effects, using my NxC Jin, who, in turn, borrowed sounds from Silver's Hwaorang
-10 Hit Combo #1 is done!!! AWESOME!And if a newb like me can do it with 10 minutes practice, so can you!!!

Problems
-I can't figure out what to do to make the walk animation look better lol
#10  October 08, 2011, 11:27:21 am
keep it up. but mostlikely someone wants to play with a non NAMCOXCAPCOM sprites of him. but any way good luck on heiachi. if im not mistaken he will be the 4th TEKKEN character for mugen D
Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:31:48 am by brightview
#11  October 08, 2011, 05:25:42 pm
I wish there were more sprites of non-NxC characters, but there aren't any, as far as I know. Just Tekken Advanced sprites. I'm trying to rip characters from tekken 5 but my comp makes them into really low res and they are ugly and almost unrecognizable.