YesNoOk

Scavenging Thread (Read 11120 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, December 30, 2014, 05:36:56 am
Scavenging Thread
#1  December 30, 2014, 05:36:56 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
This thread is to help me do (x)

During my downtime while I was working a lot, holidays, etc I was tinkering in my head of some things that could potentially assist my production.
I just don't have a lot of fun learning to code. Once I get it and can understand it it's fun. But till then it's tedious.

The last thing I was attempting to do was make our own vs screen that goes into the super art selection

I would like any or all of the following:

Characters that have either of the above.

Examples of the code being used.
Basically if any of you could do a quick dirty code or a detailed in depth mock up that'd be great.

EDIT: This does NOT mean I will not be trying to figure anything out on my own. This will be getting worked on with or without assistance in this thread. It's just assistance will speed things up!
Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:45:58 am by Just No Point
Re: Scavenging Thread
#2  December 30, 2014, 08:32:58 pm
  • NvP!
#3  December 30, 2014, 10:12:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes indeed!
#4  December 30, 2014, 10:32:30 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Sorry to sound dumb, but based on the last post, I wanna know, do you want them to be pixel art or digital art with paint brushes, inking and other shenanigans??
Because if it's the former, I can help. The latter.... not so much. :-\

This is a generic forum signature.
#5  December 30, 2014, 10:36:58 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
For coding I recommend to you guys taalk with Buckus. He maded a nice custom VS Screen with Super Art selection
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#6  December 30, 2014, 10:46:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Black Hatter:
I apologize. I guess I was assuming most people interested had been following (and somehow remembered after like 3-4 months) what the vs would be  like :P

Hey guys. We need to make some transition screens.

After you choose your character you go to the select super art and select palette screen. Then go to the map showing where you are fighting next is, then versus screen, then fight.

I kinda think we can combine the map and super art/pal selection screens. That doesn't mean they HAVE to be combined. I'm just thinking the map could be in the BG when you are selecting your options. Maybe with a filtered sprite slightly obscuring it to make the screen look more of a solid color.

Besides the back ground we also need to make the icons and stuff for the actual pal selection and the super selection. I think pal select should be by pressing left and right. Super selection should be up and down. I can make a custom animation displaying the super arts in action. Name of the super and motion should be displayed. Should the super bar be displayed as well so you know how many bars and how long the bar will be?

I'm going to try and work on some of this myself. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

In this thread I'm asking for coding assistance for this. In the thread I quoted you can help in the visuals department if you'd like.

Basically the run down should be this

Before the fight starts there is a versus screen coded into the characters.
then a transition into the map which will be obscured by an overlay while you choose your super arts and palette colors.
then when you select them the overlay is removed from the map, the plane flies to the stage the fight will be on and then a transition from the map back ground to the stage background of some kind.
then character intro then fight

ShinZankuro:
I'll bug him and/or make a help thread if I get to where I basically have no clue why something isn't working.
At the moment I'm still doing trial and error =p
#7  December 30, 2014, 11:19:25 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Black Hatter:
I apologize. I guess I was assuming most people interested had been following (and somehow remembered after like 3-4 months) what the vs would be  like :P

Hey guys. We need to make some transition screens.

After you choose your character you go to the select super art and select palette screen. Then go to the map showing where you are fighting next is, then versus screen, then fight.

I kinda think we can combine the map and super art/pal selection screens. That doesn't mean they HAVE to be combined. I'm just thinking the map could be in the BG when you are selecting your options. Maybe with a filtered sprite slightly obscuring it to make the screen look more of a solid color.

Besides the back ground we also need to make the icons and stuff for the actual pal selection and the super selection. I think pal select should be by pressing left and right. Super selection should be up and down. I can make a custom animation displaying the super arts in action. Name of the super and motion should be displayed. Should the super bar be displayed as well so you know how many bars and how long the bar will be?

I'm going to try and work on some of this myself. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

In this thread I'm asking for coding assistance for this. In the thread I quoted you can help in the visuals department if you'd like.

Yeah, it seems that I misunderstood what you were trying to convey. I fully understand now. And since I remember Felo trying to make portraits for the fighters in pixel art form (based on what I saw in his deviantART gallery), I think I'll do something similar for the custom versus screen.
This is a generic forum signature.
#8  December 31, 2014, 12:09:06 am
  • NvP!
It's very tricky to code custom versus screens, but i already did them successfully 2 times.
The most important thing is a changestate in state -2 which forces the player to not play his intro until the versus screen and other stuff is over.
Also use some assertspecial's, like noFG, noBG, timerfreeze, nobardisplay, nomusic (<- this should be in a helper).
IIRC you also got to change some of the stuff in the fight.def, go for the [Round] and change ctrl.time and start.waittime to 0.
I hope I could help you, good luck man.
#9  December 31, 2014, 02:05:21 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-