YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 496353 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan Z2
#1141  August 27, 2013, 12:38:36 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Balthazar I must say, up Masenko looks glorious like the gleaming shine of a shooting star's reflection gently rippling across a placid stream. It's synthetic outline, a particle only matched by the moonlight's uttermost tranquility.
For the love of god man, thanks, but that's how you should talk to girls, not on a thread like this :P
Keep it real, sonny boy.
#1142  August 27, 2013, 12:40:52 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Such a poetic description. Progress is looking good so far, like that Anti-Air Masenko animation.
Chilling
#1143  August 27, 2013, 01:15:51 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ok Ill get on it.
By the way, did you plan to have that windy/focussed pose after the first punch, or before it?
Because how will you justify p2 being frozen while he's (Gohan's) just standing there?

Here's some other Gohan stuff I'm working on.

try this.
Gohan folds arms, a "invisible" throw happens( you can even have wind fx going around him) , if the opponent is right in front of them they are automatically grabbed. They stay in that pose for a bit, then the opponent strikes gohan in the face, him unmoving, resulting in the next few attacks and finally the butterfly flip.
#1144  August 27, 2013, 01:21:59 am
then the opponent strikes gohan in the face
Can't be done in Mugen, any character can use any animation number for their attack without Gohan knowing which one to use, and they can be aligned very differently.
I think I remember the Saturn game having both characters stand and Gohan throw the first punch. That being said, I don't think it would look too good to just have the opponent be in their stance animation, and then Gohan suddenly sucker-punching them out of nowhere, even for a super...
In fact, it would probably make more sense to have this super be a counter, if you want to stick to the manga (edit - wait, I don't actually remember if Buu punches him and Gohan takes it without flinching...) Otherwise, the whole "death stare face-off" won't be much good.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:27:48 am by DKDC
#1145  August 27, 2013, 01:40:10 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its actually not a counter in the manga, they just staredown and then gohan starts breaking him apart.

Okay what if they stare off and the opponent taunts gohan?
#1146  August 27, 2013, 01:41:54 am
Taunt anim number is optional but it's pretty common, it can work I guess (if there's a safeguard filler anim in case the target has no anim 195).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1147  August 27, 2013, 01:46:37 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"stares into chunli "
"chunli goes gomen ne"
"Gohan punches her in the kidney"
If they have no taunt they just get punched out of stance, nothing lost there i think.
I can live with this.
#1148  August 27, 2013, 03:48:57 am
Masenko up? Wasnt expecting that actually.
#1149  August 27, 2013, 08:01:17 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
What happens if their taunt is a pause screen or a helper or something?

BTW are you guys going to include winquotes for those using Mugen 1.0 or above?
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#1150  August 27, 2013, 08:02:48 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
It theoretically goes into the anim, not the actual state, so that isn't a problem.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1151  August 27, 2013, 09:07:57 am
    • Netherlands
Iced, what the hell are you talking about? I already TOLD you Ranbu is already in a first alpha state, and works as a counter.
I even told you to watch my latest Gohan video where it's featured, you numb nuts >:(
Anyway, it'll stay like that, only the pose where he'll counter from (think Dudley's Sucker Punch) will be the 'confident' pose (it was his focus attack charge pose first, but you don't even see it in the video because the opponent hit Gohan the split second the move was activated).

Posted: August 27, 2013, 09:08:16 am
And the ending punch will be more cinematic.
#1152  August 27, 2013, 10:39:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
nothing prevents it from being updated.
I would have it work in both ways, both a counter and a throw.

throw only if he is side by side, counter is if throw fails, he remains in the pose.

That actually would also mean you could use it against a fireball , that could be fun.
#1153  August 27, 2013, 11:03:11 am
    • Netherlands
It could still work as a counter against fireballs (having him teleport next to p2 to deliver the first blow and consecutive attacks).

#1154  August 27, 2013, 11:20:04 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
looks perfect, can probably be reused as winpose and activation for his emotion mode.
#1155  August 27, 2013, 11:59:04 am
Excellent man. That could also work as a barrier against projectile moves.
#1156  August 27, 2013, 02:14:05 pm
  • Not for sale
Bad ass.

At this point, what animations are Goku and Gohan sharing? It seems like he's got a ton of unique animations. I'm sure he'll share the get hit animations and whatnot, but what else?
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:29:56 pm by AugustAPC
#1157  August 27, 2013, 02:36:03 pm
  • SNK is life
It's great, but there's only 1 frame in which a part under viewer's left knee lights up suddenly. You could either make it lit up all the time, or just remove that temporary light all together, and it'll be perfect.

#1158  August 27, 2013, 03:53:31 pm
    • Netherlands
I was planning to make it pop up more in next frames, but I figured 1-2-3-2 would look good enough :)
Actually I still think it looks nice enough, since the cloth around his knee 'bulges out' more during the blowing, and hence catches a hint of sunlight :D
#1159  August 27, 2013, 04:22:30 pm
  • SNK is life
alright, if you wanna keep it that way, it's fine.

The face really makes it stand out a lot, and the pose is amazing. Great job man

NoZ

#1160  August 27, 2013, 04:32:31 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/

And now I'm gonna kill you