YesNoOk

Ryu, Iori and Akira updated (13/04/2024, Evil Ryu mode added) (Read 5646 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 09, 2024, 05:13:02 pm
Share this topic:
Ryu, Iori and Akira updated (13/04/2024, Evil Ryu mode added)
#1  April 09, 2024, 05:13:02 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Ryu updated.
Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)

Iori updated.

Akira updated.

Compatibility Patch for DivineAkuma.

Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 04:07:06 am by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Ryu, Iori and Akira updated (Evil Ryu mode added)
#2  April 09, 2024, 09:25:13 pm
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
Interesting
HIDDEN BOSS
#3  April 09, 2024, 09:41:54 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Awesome work as always, Karma.
#4  April 10, 2024, 09:59:08 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Found two small errors on Ryu's update. The colors on his small portrait are messed up on the select screen and the landing effect and sound also plays 1 frame too early when he touches the ground performing any version of Shoryuken or Evil Ryu's Messatsu Goshoryu.

Also in my opinion, he feels kinda stiff when he returns to his standing animation from using Ashura Senku. Since he can't move for a few ticks after teleporting and the landing sound plays, he has no animation and just sits there. Not sure if that is accurate to CvS2 or it's just me.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  April 10, 2024, 12:48:32 pm
Dope, will test, thanks for the updates Karma
#6  April 10, 2024, 04:22:13 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

the landing effect and sound also plays 1 frame too early when he touches the ground performing any version of Shoryuken or Evil Ryu's Messatsu Goshoryu.

he can't move for a few ticks after teleporting and the landing sound plays, he has no animation and just sits there.

CvS2 does the same thing, as weird as it may look. I know because Akuma (and the other shotos, but I'm talking Akuma because is the one I datamined) does the same, even Sakura has this. Only exception is Shin Akuma who has a much faster recovery.
#7  April 10, 2024, 11:39:56 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
I have nothing too relevant to say, I noticed 2 small things:
Ryu and Evil Ryu specific winquotes doesn't work when they fighting against each other.
Evil Ryu LK pal and start+HK pal are too similar (just a slightly different tone of green), it could be a problem in a mirror match. And his teeth have the same color of his gi on some palettes.
#8  April 11, 2024, 12:15:06 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
Multiple attempts of redownloading DivineAkuma and applying your patch but still couldn't get the special intros working. Tried in both Mugen 1.1 and Ikemen nightly (could that be the reason?)
#9  April 11, 2024, 03:08:17 am
    • Germany
Thanks for the support guys!

The colors on his small portrait are messed up
Woops. Fixed!
the landing effect and sound also plays 1 frame too early when he touches the ground performing any version of Shoryuken or Evil Ryu's Messatsu Goshoryu.

Also in my opinion, he feels kinda stiff when he returns to his standing animation from using Ashura Senku. Since he can't move for a few ticks after teleporting and the landing sound plays, he has no animation and just sits there. Not sure if that is accurate to CvS2 or it's just me.
Yup, those are intended.
I have nothing too relevant to say, I noticed 2 small things:
Ryu and Evil Ryu specific winquotes doesn't work when they fighting against each other.
Evil Ryu LK pal and start+HK pal are too similar (just a slightly different tone of green), it could be a problem in a mirror match. And his teeth have the same color of his gi on some palettes.
Fixed the WinQuote issues. All of my characters didn't trigger WinQuotes vs Ryu :o
Regarding the palette, it gives me an excuse to change that one to Alpha's palette.
Multiple attempts of redownloading DivineAkuma and applying your patch but still couldn't get the special intros working. Tried in both Mugen 1.1 and Ikemen nightly (could that be the reason?)
Are you downloading the lastest version from here?
https://divinewolf.trinitymugen.net/chars/
Be sure you're getting that one.

All reported issues and some more were addressed. I'll upload an update on the weekend also adding this:
https://streamable.com/ig0tkc
Don't expect a real update for Gouken, just a stealth one to add these intros hehe.
#10  April 11, 2024, 09:47:28 pm
    • UK
Not sure if it’s just me but the special intro for evil Ryu Vs Violent Ken doesn’t seem to work
#11  April 12, 2024, 02:19:16 pm
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada

Hey thanks for the heads up! I forgot there was a different page for updated versions of DW's characters. Now with that said, I have a feeling Akuma was updated from the version you patched because the patch is still not working (System.cns is crashing), but I do notice new SFX on Akuma. Might want to check it out.

Oddly enough it loads on Ikemen but with an extra Akuma in the background.
#12  April 12, 2024, 03:30:19 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#13  April 12, 2024, 05:13:49 pm
    • Germany
Not sure if it’s just me but the special intro for evil Ryu Vs Violent Ken doesn’t seem to work
I might have forgotten to ask Jman to update his Ken to have the compatibility. He has been updating his characters as of recently so I'll ask but he might wait so he can push a bigger update for Ken in general. If he stealth updates Ken to have it trigger against my Ryu, I'll let you guys know.

Hey thanks for the heads up! I forgot there was a different page for updated versions of DW's characters. Now with that said, I have a feeling Akuma was updated from the version you patched because the patch is still not working (System.cns is crashing), but I do notice new SFX on Akuma. Might want to check it out.

Oddly enough it loads on Ikemen but with an extra Akuma in the background.
Dang, he updated DivineAkuma a day after I dropped my character. I remade the patch and uploaded it to mediafire. Thanks for reporting.

Tomorrow I'll be dropping Ryu's update. It will also include a Iori and Akira update to address some minor issues and implement a better ground bounce code. Thanks for the support you guys!
Re: Ryu, Iori and Akira updated (13/04/2024, Evil Ryu mode added)
#14  April 13, 2024, 04:08:28 am
    • Germany
Ryu, Akira and Iori updated.

Ryu updated.

Iori updated.

Akira updated.

You can redownload DivineAkuma's compatibility patch and it should work with his lastest public version.
You can also redownload Jmorphman's Ken and my Gouken. Both character got stealth updated for compatibility with the Special Intros.
#15  April 13, 2024, 09:54:35 pm
    • USA
Some things I've noticed with Evil Ryu and Iori;

-During His special intro with Orochi Iori, Evil Ryu gains control prior to the match starting

-Iori uses the wrong palette on the select screen

Also I noticed Gouken does his special intro with Deathscythe's Akuma despite the latter not being updated with that intro.
Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:58:23 pm by LohrFF0rt
#16  April 13, 2024, 10:40:33 pm
    • Germany
Some things I've noticed with Evil Ryu and Iori;

-During His special intro with Orochi Iori, Evil Ryu gains control prior to the match starting

-Iori uses the wrong palette on the select screen

Also I noticed Gouken does his special intro with Deathscythe's Akuma despite the latter not being updated with that intro.

Stealth updated the three of em addressing those issues. Thanks for reporting!
#17  April 14, 2024, 02:34:32 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Could you add an intro to RagingRowens Akuma/shin too cuz that's basically just an edit of  Deathscythe's. Strangely ryus intros work for deathscythes akuma but not for RR's inspite of the author name being the same in both.
Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:42:32 am by YugaCurry
#18  April 14, 2024, 01:47:12 pm
    • Germany
#19  April 14, 2024, 02:30:12 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Thank you. Much appreciated.
#20  April 14, 2024, 09:46:29 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Great!! :D
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(