• USA
    • Skype - Neocide
This is looking wonderful
Re: Stage Discussion
#162  February 15, 2016, 03:40:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

So trees are all done, just need to adjust the brightness and contrast a bit, and clean the very rough edges out. Put down very early and rough concepts for the floor and the background to get an idea about what to do.

Any suggestions, feedback, maybe references I can use if you know of one? Anything is appreciated.

I can't wait to start ironing this out once I finish up these mid term examinations.
This is a generic forum signature.
#163  February 15, 2016, 08:02:10 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That is dope, maybe add some bushes? And some leaves. And a few grass spots in the foreground.
#164  February 15, 2016, 08:07:21 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Definitely man, that's in the laptop phase, because I can't draw those things on tablet for the life of me.

But definitely, those grassy elements will be made. Thank you for reminding me. :)
#165  March 30, 2016, 02:56:19 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Six weeks, holy fucking shit.

So uhh here's what I have so far for the forest:

I'm going to be drawing the long grass bushes in pieces, because as stupid as this sounds, but drawing greenery is fucking exhausting. :sick: I also realize that it kind of looks unnatural at the top, I will swiftly get around to thinning them out. Just wanted to show that this is still being worked on (albeit slowly; greenery >_<)
#166  March 30, 2016, 03:48:20 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Looking awesome. Again no rush, don't even know where GLB is lol.

Meant to ask, any plans for the light shining down in parts ala butt's stage in Garou?
#167  March 30, 2016, 02:40:10 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Meant to ask, any plans for the light shining down in parts ala butt's stage in Garou?

That effect should be easy to pull off. I recall this one tutorial by st0ven on making fighting game backgrounds where he does something like that by making a layer with a white color in the shape of a ray of light, and then a small modification to the opacity. Can't recall by how much, but a little experimenting wouldn't hurt.

I actually forgot that Rodriguez' (I'm not calling him Butt lol) was a forest, thanks for reminding me of it. And yes, the shining light will be added, just to answer your question. :hat:
#168  March 30, 2016, 06:23:50 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Sweeet! Also were any trees going to be completely visible? And do you think adding some animals as props could work?
#169  March 30, 2016, 07:52:15 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Animal props are definitely possible, and I'll look into those, but what did you mean by the first sentence? I'm pretty sure the trees are visible, unless you mean something else.
#170  March 30, 2016, 08:16:17 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I meant like tree tops,with branches and leaves etc.
#171  March 30, 2016, 08:20:35 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

GLB

#172  April 06, 2016, 04:51:45 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Figured I'd show off a pic of the partially updated beta of D.Namek:

Still a few things I'm trying to work on. Namely sets of lightning similar to Australian Outback and some in game rumbling. Suggestions are welcome.
#173  April 06, 2016, 06:52:42 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Is that a smoke layer I see? =D

GLB

#174  April 06, 2016, 06:58:27 am
 :lugoi:

One in the background above the lava, and one much faster below the players feet.
#175  April 30, 2016, 04:19:43 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Long time no post.

So I was experimenting with a dithering pencil/ scattering pencil to see what I can come up with, and its results were met with yays, so I decided to completely redo what I had for the Forest from scratch, because let's be honest; it was a terrible mess as it stands.

So as much of a bummer it is to restart it, I'm certain that this time, a much higher quality will be attained; and since I has lots of free time now (:nuttrox:), I'll be putting this stage on high priority.

As far as what I have planned:

-Tree shading will be similar to Marco's stage in Garou (and that beacon of light will be added as well).

-More greenery: for the ground, big patches of grass have been done, need some more messing around with here and there. All I need are small patches of grass, and maybe flowers. As for the trees, the good ol' foliage a la Capcom shading will be done.

-Animals: Since Neo mentioned it, I guess foxes, a bear cub, birds, maybe Ooolong? :P

That's all I have for now, expect more soon.
#176  April 30, 2016, 04:39:51 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Ok that looks awesome. And all those animals are perfect plus squirrels in the trees.

When you get to the lighting of the trees. could you save the version before to make a night and raining version.
#177  April 30, 2016, 04:51:30 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Ok that looks awesome. And all those animals are perfect plus squirrels in the trees.

When you get to the lighting of the trees. could you save the version before to make a night and raining version.

Sure, I can do that.

GLB

#178  April 30, 2016, 07:02:07 am
I love the placement of the trees, very forest like. You captured that beautifully, can't wait to see it in its sexier form and code it.
#179  April 30, 2016, 09:58:38 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^Thank you! I appreciate that.

More grass patches will be placed here and there, but since ground type surfaces are a bit of a weak point for me, how's it looking?
#180  April 30, 2016, 10:08:53 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Kind of looks like sand