YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat X / XL (Read 1166609 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 01, 2014, 08:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat X (Last update on 02.26.15)
#2661  December 04, 2015, 12:08:42 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Holy shit. So damn unexpected but so damn cool. Except fucking leatherface.

DMK

#2662  December 04, 2015, 12:10:26 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I can throwdown against Predator with my homeboy Xeno? I'll finally be reinstalling and putting down for this games season pass.

#2663  December 04, 2015, 12:12:20 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
3-in-1 MugenBot is a fresh take for a newcomer.  I'm more excited to see how it plays!
#2664  December 04, 2015, 12:14:27 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Freddy in MK9: That's cool, I actually like the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.
Jason in MKX: Neato, I suppose.
Leatherface in MKX: ...Why?

I just can't agree to the choice, I like the others and all but Leatherface is just a big "no no" for me.

Also another video source? The one posted on the last page has been taken down.
#2665  December 04, 2015, 12:16:22 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Why? it is not like he feel out of place
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2666  December 04, 2015, 12:17:01 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yeah..as much as horror characters might fit into MK, they overdo it. Instead they could create something like Terrordrome already.
#2667  December 04, 2015, 12:20:06 am
    • USA
Pretty much NO one likes Leatherface's inclusion. Here, Reddit MKX sub, facebook, twitter. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
#2668  December 04, 2015, 12:20:40 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
On the list of horror guest stars, never mind beyond horror, he's just kinda low-key and not much to him.  Jason at least has his magic going for him to spice things up.

That said, the first thing that comes to mind is the chainsaw gameplay in The Dishwasher, so it could be some good ol' bloody fun just because chainsaws are fun melee weapons.

Still would have preferred Spawn with hellish magic, axe and chain variations though.
#2669  December 04, 2015, 12:25:18 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah..as much as horror characters might fit into MK, they overdo it. Instead they could create something like Terrordrome already.

Honestly, the only horror character addition that I liked and was hyped for was Freddy Krueger in MK9, Jason and now Leatherface are both a fucking waste, IMHO.

On topic question, how do you think the new Cyborg will play? What are your thoughts on possible variations for him?

Still would have preferred Spawn with hellish magic, axe and chain variations though.

Man, my disappointment in the lack of Spawn is starting to well up. :( :(

This is a generic forum signature.
#2670  December 04, 2015, 12:26:24 am
im not digging all of those nostalgia baits they keep bringing into their games. we have enough guest characters, it's kinda apparent they don't care much about what the fans want and just to cater in to the none fans and the casual players with the guest characters.
robo chameleon is not bad though, but why the fuck bo ri cho? he is possibly the most hated character after jarek.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2671  December 04, 2015, 12:37:03 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Cyborg (possibly Cyborg Chameleon): I'm interested to see how he plays out.

Alien Tarkatan: I kind of knew that a Xenomorph would come in, but never in another form. This will be interesting.

Bo Rai Cho: I kind of thought he has potential of coming in anyway, but I don't mind seeing him in.

LeatherFace: ...I'm all into chainsaw wielding maniacs, but really?

Edit: Trailer again, since the vid on the original post was removed for some reason.
Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:59:57 am by Zemilia
#2672  December 04, 2015, 12:58:02 am
    • Brazil
Where is the video? Its not up anymore.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. The Kombat Pack 2 could not be more shitty.
Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:02:01 am by Lord M
#2673  December 04, 2015, 01:03:12 am
    • USA

why all the hat3
Leatherface is great he fit perfectly in the game

Just because he's all about blood and gore, doesn't mean he'd fit in the game. What will be Leatherface's variations? Freddy would have been more interesting if they rehauled his moveset, and give him cool variations.
#2674  December 04, 2015, 01:05:25 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Looks like we'll have to wait longer, Rain. Shit, Havik would've been nice, what with being a major antagonist in the comics.

But fuck yeah current-gen Bo Rai Cho fatalities. As for horror icons, where's the Pinhead love? Plenty of torture possibilities.
Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:30:38 am by UrbaneVirtuoso
#2675  December 04, 2015, 02:08:20 am
    • Brazil
The Cyborg dude sounds like an excuse to add Sektor and Cyrax variations to a single character instead of making them separately. Bo'rai Cho is one of the shittiest character to exist in the MK universe and they added him over a hell lot of NPCs that could have been characters. The Xenomorph makes sense to enter if the Predator is in, but I'm getting a little tired of so many guest characters, specially horror ones, the game is getting saturated with these.
#2676  December 04, 2015, 02:13:59 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Well I guess im the only leatherface fan here
still really like this pack cant wait to see how the xenomorph play
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2677  December 04, 2015, 02:15:19 am
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
Bo'rai Cho is one of the shittiest character to exist in the MK universe and they added him over a hell lot of NPCs that could have been characters. The Xenomorph makes sense to enter if the Predator is in, but I'm getting a little tired of so many guest characters, specially horror ones, the game is getting saturated with these.

I better agree with you on that. In my eyes, Bo'Rai Cho is not a fucking redeemable character at all because of his fucking farting fatality back in MK: Deception. People may think that he's fucking funny that he did that, but it's fucking dumbest fatality that was ever made. GCN made that statement in "Everything wrong with MKX", so i think you get the point.

As for Leatherface and Xenomorph, fuck them. It is sinful as shit. That pissed me the fuck off more than being hyped for, and i'm one of the few. That's just fucking it.
#2678  December 04, 2015, 02:19:40 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bo'rai Cho is one of the shittiest character to exist in the MK universe and they added him over a hell lot of NPCs that could have been characters. The Xenomorph makes sense to enter if the Predator is in, but I'm getting a little tired of so many guest characters, specially horror ones, the game is getting saturated with these.

I better agree with you on that. In my eyes, Bo'Rai Cho is not a fucking redeemable character at all because of his fucking farting fatality back in MK: Deception. People may think that he's fucking funny that he did that, but it's fucking dumbest fatality that was ever made. GCN made that statement in "Everything wrong with MKX", so i think you get the point.

You say that as if they won't make any changes to Bo'Rai'Cho, I'm pretty sure we aren't gonna get any of his MK:Deception shit in here.

I agree that MK:D Bo'Rai'Cho was fucking shit, but the way they redesigned him implies to me that he'll be different from his previous version (he might even be interesting). But I'll wait until his gameplay vids surface, just in case I might be wrong.
This is a generic forum signature.
#2679  December 04, 2015, 02:39:50 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Leatherface...I can see why people hate his inclusion.
He COULD work in MK...but not in MKX with the variation moveset(and even then, he's pretty much Jason without the magic as someone stated...even Michael Myers can work better...) and in general, he's pretty bland in MK's universe overall(the main reason people hate Liu Kang).

Seriously, why not Spawn? And I also have to agree with some in where the hell is Sindel and Rain? We really needed Tarkatan Alien(?) and Bo Rai Cho over them?
The only one I'm looking forward to is that Cyborg honestly.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#2680  December 04, 2015, 02:51:04 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Who will be able to defeat Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke in a fusion?????? :D I think Netherrealm should change the boss Shinook because it's getting too weak.