YesNoOk

Ikemen Go Character Updates (Read 62515 times)

Started by PotS, June 12, 2022, 12:44:04 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Go Character Updates
#21  July 16, 2023, 08:46:26 pm
Sorry for the bump but wanted to report some some stuff.

I see you mentioned in the first post that parries dont work 100% of the time but shouldn't this be 2 ticks of parrying ?
https://streamable.com/xor3jq

Please excuse me if not, its been a bit.
#22  July 17, 2023, 06:00:21 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
The first post is a bit outdated. Parry is probably better than it has ever been, if I can say so myself. You might have a mismatch of char and engine versions and be using the previous version of Ryu (for 0.98.2) instead of the latest (for 0.99 RC1).

Also Ikemen development has gotten kind of stuck in 0.99 RC1. Since it has more bugs than the nightly version I'm considering supporting nightly instead. Just afraid it'll be confusing for people. Then again I can just put the RC1-compatible versions in a separate folder.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#23  July 18, 2023, 12:52:15 am
#24  July 30, 2023, 05:08:53 pm
    • Portugal
Updated everyone again today.

I was waiting for the stable version of Ikemen 0.99 to release these, but that may still take a while so I'm just putting them out there before I go on vacations. You need the nightly build to use these versions of the characters.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#25  July 31, 2023, 11:04:43 am
  • Why,
yawn... when that cam if cam?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#26  September 18, 2023, 08:37:38 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
Updated everyone again today.

I was waiting for the stable version of Ikemen 0.99 to release these, but that may still take a while so I'm just putting them out there before I go on vacations. You need the nightly build to use these versions of the characters.

It's crazy to see you're still supporting us after all this time. I hope everything in your life is well and thank you for everything that you have done for us
#27  April 07, 2024, 03:31:16 am
Hi PotS,

Just testing the chars on the latest nightly build and wanted to ask you have you changed how the inputs work or am I moving mad ? [or am I very rusty ? :P]

Not sure if its Mugen teaching me bad habits for all these years but lets say I am using Ryu and I want to chain into a tatsu from a normal, I have to do the full motion again (this explanation makes no sense)

Imagine a crouching low to a tatsu instead of just holding down and pressing left for the tatsu I have to do the hole motion again down and left, usually the motion is so fast from the crouching low to the tatsu that I can just press left while holding down and the tatsu will come out.

For Ryu, I have to crouch hit the low I want then instead of pressing just left for a tatsu I have to do down left again.

I hope this makes sense if not, I can try and record an example for you.

One more thing, the vels on that QCF EX Evil Ryu fire ball are kinda mad, maybe slow it down just a tad bit :P

Speaking of projectiles something about this exchange does not look alright to me, however I forgotten a lot of mechanics and how shit works :/
Was expecting Ken's EX fireball to eat up that [i forgot the name of it] Hadouken.
https://streamable.com/qc06gu

Edit: Jman if you are reading this you forgot to add the intro triggers for PotS Evil Ryu, they work vs Normal Ryu when against Ken.
Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:11:21 am by PeXXeR
#28  April 07, 2024, 12:19:43 pm
    • Portugal
Hi PotS,

Just testing the chars on the latest nightly build and wanted to ask you have you changed how the inputs work or am I moving mad ? [or am I very rusty ? :P]
I followed in SF6's footsteps and disabled negative edge by default. I feel that it makes less sense nowadays with how tolerant modern inputs already are. If you want it back it can be enabled in inputs.zss (very easy to find).

I will say though that while negative edge can be used for some neat tricks, relying on constantly is a bad habit indeed.

One more thing, the vels on that QCF EX Evil Ryu fire ball are kinda mad, maybe slow it down just a tad bit :P
It's still very telegraphed though. You need a hard read to land it.

Speaking of projectiles something about this exchange does not look alright to me, however I forgotten a lot of mechanics and how shit works :/
Was expecting Ken's EX fireball to eat up that [i forgot the name of it] Hadouken.
https://streamable.com/qc06gu
I've noticed that fireball clashes are a common issue in chars made from mine, but it may be deliberate here as in a Ken vs Ken match EX Hadouken also won't go through a regular one.

Edit: Jman if you are reading this you forgot to add the intro triggers for PotS Evil Ryu, they work vs Normal Ryu when against Ken.
They seem to be working for me.

I should update the chars again one of these days even if the new versions only work on Ikemen nightly. I feel the online versions are falling a bit behind mine.
#29  April 07, 2024, 01:05:58 pm
I understand, though I guess I will go in and enable it, as on keyboard and me being used to it for all these years is throwing me off, it is also more consistent with the rest of the roster I plan to have, I may be incorrect but I think also SNK's old school stuff also uses negative edge, maybe even the latest KOF and its just muscle memory for me at this point.

# Configure Negative Edge
   # It is somewhat obsolete with modern, lenient inputs
   mapset{map: "cmd_negativeedge"; value: 0}

Im guessing this is what I should change ? I just have to set it to 1 I guess ?

As for the QCF Hadouken, fair enough it is very telegraphed.

For the hadouken clash, yeah true, I never tested it like that with the latest updated, just assumed its like that.

As for the updates, that would be cool, maybe keep the 0.99 versions for people that do not use the nightly and have the nightly ones.

I guess lots of people are like me, they grab all the latest stuff and just start downloading chars.

Here is how the intros look for me
https://streamable.com/8c1yob
Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:19:08 pm by PeXXeR
#30  April 07, 2024, 08:50:50 pm
    • Portugal
Im guessing this is what I should change ? I just have to set it to 1 I guess ?
Right.

As for the updates, that would be cool, maybe keep the 0.99 versions for people that do not use the nightly and have the nightly ones.
Yeah that's the plan. Like how I still have versions up for 0.98.2. Free file hosting sure is nice.

Here is how the intros look for me
https://streamable.com/8c1yob
Oh yeah I remember fixing that one. Guess I really should update stuff.
#31  April 14, 2024, 07:18:42 pm
In the spirit of when you got me to test your Ikemen chars for the first time, this update should be called "PeXXeR reminded me to update my chars" :P
#32  April 22, 2024, 04:39:00 pm
    • Portugal
Updated all the normal chars today.

Note that these versions don't work in Ikemen GO 0.99 anymore. Only in the nightly builds. The 0.99 versions are archived in Mediafire as usual.

It's crazy to see you're still supporting us after all this time. I hope everything in your life is well and thank you for everything that you have done for us
Also I forgot to reply to you but I appreciate it. :)
New #33  April 23, 2024, 12:48:17 am
Thanks for the updates PotS.

I'll post in discord for my feedback.

You did an amazing job, fucking hell.

After testing these for a bit, everyone that uses the nightly update asap.
Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 01:12:40 am by PeXXeR