Ikemen Plus (Read 793971 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#121  December 23, 2017, 07:29:06 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
As in make it so that all I have to do is put the name of the character file in Select document and the character file in the character folder.
Ash is right, you're doing something wrong. Simply add character like this:
kfm
or this:
kfm/kfm.def
both syntaxes are valid. Of course you should add the character by replacing "randomselect" (or at least add it before those references starts) since just like in vanilla mugen characters outside select screen range set in screenpack won't show up, although they can be still used by CPU (also check out optional parameters). By default screenpack takes into account 10 rows, 5 columns from which 8 rows are scrolling ones and only 2 are visible on screen - which mimics winmugen screenpack design = 50 slots in total. All unoccupied slots use randomselect icon. Instead of 'randomselect' you can also use non existing reference like for example 'blank' to fill a slot. Notice that Catwalk, DuckHunt, and Training are added after 50th [Characters] reference, so they are not visible on select screen.

edit:
btw. if someone needs more slots for characters simply edit these values in 'script/select.lua'
Code:
--;===========================================================
--; GENERAL CONFIG
--;===========================================================
selectColumns = 5
selectRows = 2
offsetRows = 8
offsetRows = 0 disables scrolling rows entirely, so the screenpack works like in mugen.

edit2: one more thing. Unlike mugen current ikemen plus screenpack code is able to move between select screen cells without skipping rows entierly, if there is at least one valid slot in a row. It's hard to explain so please take a look at WooshaQ's screenpack:

Implementing it in ikemen plus wouldn't need any workarounds like in mugen - everything can be done by correct usage of blank slots in select.def

Ah, thanks.
My hat is a pancake.
#122  December 23, 2017, 10:02:56 pm
    • Trinidad and Tobago
im using  ikemen plus  and when i put in add004 into it for some reason when i tag out my char the char doesn't move why does this happen ?
#123  December 24, 2017, 01:33:10 am
im using  ikemen plus  and when i put in add004 into it for some reason when i tag out my char the char doesn't move why does this happen ?
For now you can fix it by replacing this code in ssz/config.ssz
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
with this one that supports multiple characters input:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Keep in mind that until update is released this code won't be compatible with current Options screen input settings, so if you need to change controls do it manually.

-----------------------

I've finished implementing tag system selectable from main menu. Here is a showcase of player1 side using Tag and CPU using Simul at the same time:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1fldw04wgcgcmj/I.K.E.M.E.N%2024.12.2017%2001_18_08.mp4?dl=0
I've done it by modifying ikemen source code in order to expand existing TeamMode trigger which now supports additional 4th option: 'Tag'. ShinLucho, Just No Point, what do you guys think about this implementation - is it risky when it comes to compatibility with other characters? The only thing I can think of is a situation in which character uses 'trigger1 = TeamMode = Simul' to detect simul mode, which wouldn't catch 'Tag' because it's now a separate mode. Not sure how problematic it is although none of characters in my roster and not even add004 uses it like this. Feedback if this is right approach to implement it would be valuable.
Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:41:52 am by K4thos
#124  December 24, 2017, 03:56:27 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That's obviously the best solution. I guess the next thing to attempt is adding something that could detect the mode. Tag or simul. Also, can you choose ONLY simul or team yet? In case someone wished to disable one of the other
#125  December 24, 2017, 05:21:15 am
    • Trinidad and Tobago
so it worked but when i went to change the controls this error came up : script\options.lua:1550:attempt to index local 'tmp' (a nil value)
#126  December 24, 2017, 12:02:34 pm
Also, can you choose ONLY simul or team yet? In case someone wished to disable one of the other
Not sure if this is what you mean (please clarify if I misunderstood your question). In the next version (v0.4) every single item on interface can be swapped or disabled via simple moving / removing rows in lua table. For example:
Code:
t_p1TeamMenu = {
{data = '', itemname = 'single', displayname = 'Single'},
{data = '', itemname = 'tag',    displayname = 'Tag'},
{data = '', itemname = 'simul',  displayname = 'Simul'},
{data = '', itemname = 'turns',  displayname = 'Turns'},
}
You can move Single to the last row and it will show up correctly as the last option in menu. You can remove Single, Simul, Turns rows from the table and in such case only Tag would show up in menu but everything would still work correctly. Same is true for game modes, options in options screen and all the other tables with items. Don't try it with the version uploaded on github since this is a new feature (v0.3 still uses numbers instead of text 'itemname' references to recognize table rows).

I guess the next thing to attempt is adding something that could detect the mode. Tag or simul.
You mean something like for example new SimulTag trigger which returns true when either of them is selected? Seems kind of bloating to me when you can already use for example:
Code:
trigger1 = enemy, TeamMode=Simul || enemy, TeamMode=Tag
There is also 'NumPartner' trigger that works the same as before.

Or maybe you mean 'GameMode' trigger that detects if it is Arcade, Training etc.?

so it worked but when i went to change the controls this error came up : script\options.lua:1550:attempt to index local 'tmp' (a nil value)
Sorry, I'm not going back to the v0.3 version on Github (I've already updated files on my local copy and figuring out outdated code would take time that I prefer to spend on adding new features) so you will need to wait for v0.4 to have a working Tag mode.

edit: btw. I'm the guy who Jmorphman was trying to explain what trigger1 = var(7):=(var(7)^4) means on Guild discord yesterday. Current implementation of Tag is a result of my frustration with understanding it (the initial plan was to alter variable value on the fly). Still don't quite get how to interpret those things so Tag has been added to Tatsu code by uncommenting:
Code:
trigger1=1 || var(7):=(var(7)^1024)
and modifying:
Code:
trigger1=!time && (var(7)&1024) ;; system_switch
into:
Code:
trigger1=!time && ((var(7)&1024) || (root,teammode=tag)) ;; system_switch
Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:42:10 pm by K4thos
#127  December 24, 2017, 08:07:58 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
I am very sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I just downloaded v0.3 and tried opening it and all I got was this error:

It doesn't seem like anyone else has encountered this. Does anyone here know how to fix this?
#128  December 24, 2017, 11:37:18 pm
Cyborg, maybe try resetting your computer since this looks like something I've encountered on a weak PC when I was testing 10 vs 10 simul battle (so probably caused by not enough memory). Unsure if it's the same error since the message is in Japanese. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it now to check if this is the case because on my current PC even those crazy 20 different characters on screen fights are not enough to crash the game.
#129  December 25, 2017, 05:05:37 am
    • USA
Nope, restarting the PC wouldn't fix it. Note that this isn't during a battle or anything, it just happens when I simply try to open the program. I'm not sure what causes it, maybe my PC is just too crappy for it, lol.

This is too bad, since this program really intrigues me and I want to try it out for myself! Hopefully this will somehow be fixed in a future update.
#130  December 25, 2017, 08:37:38 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I play on a really shitty notebook, nothing guaranteed, but have you tried already updating your directx?
Lasagna
#131  December 25, 2017, 07:25:35 pm
    • USA
I play on a really shitty notebook, nothing guaranteed, but have you tried already updating your directx?

Tried that, even restarted the PC for good measure, but that still didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though, it does lead me to believe that I may be missing a program or two. I noticed that the exact same thing happens when I try to open the regular IKEMEN program, as well. Does anyone know what programs I need to run it? And for that matter, does anyone even know what this error means, anyway?
#132  December 25, 2017, 10:07:46 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#133  December 25, 2017, 11:05:49 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#134  December 25, 2017, 11:48:11 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Tried that, even restarted the PC for good measure, but that still didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though, it does lead me to believe that I may be missing a program or two. I noticed that the exact same thing happens when I try to open the regular IKEMEN program, as well. Does anyone know what programs I need to run it? And for that matter, does anyone even know what this error means, anyway?

After I've formatted to Windows 10 I got some error too(maybe the same) and it only got back to working after installing some of stuff, so I think you're on the same situation, trying installing NET framework too.
Lasagna
#135  December 26, 2017, 02:15:03 am
After I've formatted to Windows 10 I got some error too(maybe the same) and it only got back to working after installing some of stuff, so I think you're on the same situation, trying installing NET framework too.
strange that it requires external stuff considering Ikemen also works on Android: https://osdn.net/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen_go/wiki/FrontPage
If you guys can figure out what is causing it maybe we will be able to add missing dll file into the directory to eliminate this dependency.

Will there be options for more than 16 players?
No by default. Notice that 16 slots may be even 64 different characters when you count team players. I struggle to think about any fighting game that starts tournament mode from "Round of 32". It's pretty much the same thing as playing 2 full "Round of 16" tournaments anyway.

edit: of course anyone can edit the screenpack to add features like this.
Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:21:17 am by K4thos
#136  December 26, 2017, 03:09:16 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Ikemen works on android? Even with stuff for Mugen 1.0 and 1.1?
#137  December 26, 2017, 04:55:25 am
from what I see that repository has ikemen written in Go programming language, so yes, it should probably work on mobile devices. It's not compiled for any device though. No idea how stable it is compared to old version. Both have been updated at the same time, so s-size build is not abandoned yet, which may suggest that Go version is not on par. I would actually prefer switching to Go one considering it's a language with easy syntax, so adding new features directly to source code would be infinitely easier. No problem with porting ikemen plus to Go version in future since it still uses Lua for scripting the same way as s-size ikemen.
Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:47:28 am by K4thos
#138  December 26, 2017, 04:57:48 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
what?! ikemen on android??!! with netplay too?
#139  December 26, 2017, 06:23:35 am
    • USA

Tried that, still wouldn't work.  :'(
Unless anyone else has any other suggestions, I suppose I'll just wait until v0.4 and hope that it'll magically be fixed somehow... on the bright side, it seems my problem spiraled into generating interest for a potential Android version, so at least something good came of this.
#140  December 27, 2017, 06:29:18 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
another thing that might look into is implementing a cropping feature for sprites into this if possible.