YesNoOk

Skullgirls (Read 666045 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Skullgirls
#1461  August 08, 2013, 12:20:59 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Oh yeah forgot to respond to this.
For those who dont want to watch the video, Squigly has 'completed' voices for tag ins with Umbrella, Marie and the 4 DLC characters.
Not surprising that she'd have a tag-in voice for Marie, since a hacker could potentially make Marie playable, so they added that as a fail-safe for the tag-ins. On a side-note, Kira "Rina-Chan" Buckland (Marie's voice actress) frequently mentions how much she wants Marie to be playable and stuff, and playable Marie did fairly well in both DLC polls, so...?

And what I said about Umbrella earlier.
#1462  August 08, 2013, 03:41:20 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Could I have that Beta code? ....if anyone else has an extra?
....i love you in advance.
#1463  August 08, 2013, 08:59:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I think it's pretty clear that Marie and Umbrella will be playable at some point in the future. If they had won the polls they would have just shown up earlier and had someone else sit it out. They've mentioned that they need them both to be playable in order to progress their story and I'm pretty damn sure they don't want to leave it like that.
#1464  August 09, 2013, 01:53:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Hopefully after all this is done, we'll be seeing D. Violet, Umbrella, and Marie soon.
#1465  August 09, 2013, 02:31:36 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
I think you mean B.Dalhia not D.Violet.
#1466  August 09, 2013, 03:17:48 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Hopefully after all this is done, we'll be seeing D. Violet, Umbrella, and Marie soon.
They're only JUST starting Big Band, and after him comes Eliza, Beowulf, and Robo-Fortune. It's gonna be a while.
#1467  August 09, 2013, 04:03:21 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Anyone knows how Squigly plays?

Because I'm gonna go get the Steam money tomorrow hopefully and I'm wondering if it's worth it training her with Valentine and Cerebella?
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1468  August 09, 2013, 04:43:19 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Squigly's basics ALONE let her counter almost any situation. A lot of her gameplay is charging up stances, using stance cancels to make long, elaborate combos, and knowing where the opponent is going to fall for when you use her music note Blockbuster.

So she's not really an easy character to pick up, but when you've got it, she's head and shoulders above most everyone else.
#1469  August 09, 2013, 09:04:55 am
    • USA

Because I'm gonna go get the Steam money tomorrow hopefully and I'm wondering if it's worth it training her with Valentine and Cerebella?

I came up with this combo during my first day of beta testing 4 days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-dQrBvxVU

This will probably help you to understand what is Jango talking about. What I'm basically doing during the first phase is cancelling basic moves and then repeating a basic combo again.

She has a special cancel that requires you to "charge" a stance first. Any QCF+P or K (And some other special moves) will execute a special attack but they can be held to enhance them. If you instead of releasing the button decide to cancel the charge (After having a fully charged attack) by pressing another button you will instead keep the charge and enhance any special move that would let you charge the stance.

Both stances (punch and kick versions) have their own individual charge variables so you will only enhance punch specials when you charge a punch special and the same goes for kick specials.

As long as you have one of the stances charged up you will be able to cancel any ground basic by pressing two punches (If punch special was charged) or two kicks. Doing the cancels will NOT reset your charges and can be done an infinite amount of times (You can see the cancels in action in my video, when she flashes blue).

You can move left and right while charging a stance, you can also gradually charge a stance, no need to risk it and charge it all the way in one single stance. You can just cancel the stance and charge the time left for a max charge during other stances as long as you never execute a move that would use the charge to get enhanced.

tl;dr she's fucking fun to play as
#1470  August 10, 2013, 05:16:42 am
  • The Goddess Returns

I came up with this combo during my first day of beta testing 4 days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-dQrBvxVU

This will probably help you to understand what is Jango talking about. What I'm basically doing during the first phase is cancelling basic moves and then repeating a basic combo again.

She has a special cancel that requires you to "charge" a stance first. Any QCF+P or K (And some other special moves) will execute a special attack but they can be held to enhance them. If you instead of releasing the button decide to cancel the charge (After having a fully charged attack) by pressing another button you will instead keep the charge and enhance any special move that would let you charge the stance.

Both stances (punch and kick versions) have their own individual charge variables so you will only enhance punch specials when you charge a punch special and the same goes for kick specials.

As long as you have one of the stances charged up you will be able to cancel any ground basic by pressing two punches (If punch special was charged) or two kicks. Doing the cancels will NOT reset your charges and can be done an infinite amount of times (You can see the cancels in action in my video, when she flashes blue).

You can move left and right while charging a stance, you can also gradually charge a stance, no need to risk it and charge it all the way in one single stance. You can just cancel the stance and charge the time left for a max charge during other stances as long as you never execute a move that would use the charge to get enhanced.

tl;dr she's fucking fun to play as

Alright, thank you very much for that, I just bought the game now for PC, so I'll be practicing with her for a bit and work her with Valentine/Cerebella(or probably Fillia depending on my mood) as well.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1471  August 10, 2013, 05:34:08 am
    • USA
lobbies will be patched in 1 day or two, once the super stupid TI3 tournament for Dota 2 stops fucking up with the valve servers!
#1472  August 10, 2013, 05:41:46 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Will the free betas be getting the lobbies or that's only for the betas from when you pre-order the game?
#1473  August 10, 2013, 05:57:44 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Is there somewhere where I can see the stages?
#1474  August 10, 2013, 06:08:04 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
#1475  August 10, 2013, 06:10:11 am
Ninja'd : Have you tried looking up youtube videos or a google image search? It only took a few seconds to do both of those with decent results.
#1476  August 10, 2013, 03:06:38 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
And lobbies are finally here.

Will the free betas be getting the lobbies or that's only for the betas from when you pre-order the game?

As far as i know there is only one beta so lobbies should work for the people who got the beta free.
#1477  August 10, 2013, 07:22:00 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Just checked out the lobbies, they work pretty good.

Oh and suddenly mid match my game kinda glitched out and left me to a blank menu,
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1478  August 11, 2013, 02:02:08 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Holy crap on a crap sandwich, this game looks BEAUTIFUL on my computer even moreso than on my T.V.

I mainly did the tutorial for now, but Squigly is pretty damn good, they added a whole bunch of new things and sped up the animations for Double's and Valentine's lvl 3's...

The only thing I have against it is more or less my controller having issue with certain things.

People wanna add me, I'm lordxhominid on Steam lol

#1479  August 13, 2013, 01:50:21 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Yeah, I like the change they did to Double. Turning her invincible dash into a special move gives some more options like frames you can cancel into other moves. Very very nice.
#1480  August 13, 2013, 01:51:51 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Haven't gotten any achievements yet but they're more or less locked for the beta, right?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)