YesNoOk

Skullgirls (Read 666067 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Skullgirls
#1941  February 09, 2015, 05:50:34 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
ah cool, didn't know that

still think that my statement about them being on a low budget applies though
#1942  February 09, 2015, 06:00:26 am
    • Brazil
If they had to scale back on stuff for the DLC, what makes you think they have the budget to make a whole new game?
I'm pretty sure a comeback with Skullgirls 2 would get a lot of people hyped. Now that everyone knows that Skullgirls is an awesome game, they could get funding. I mean, if that stupid new Shaq-Fu got funded, Skullgirls 2 would definitely be too.
#1943  February 09, 2015, 09:53:44 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
They went on record saying they didn't want to do another crowd-funding thing for Skullgirls, and I doubt they'd try to do it again for a sequel.
#1944  February 15, 2015, 01:27:01 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
They revealed Beowulf's voice actor last night.
Kai "NightPhyre" Kennedy and here's his audition reel.
#1945  February 15, 2015, 01:36:08 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
"You got a dragon, huh? Well, I..got a...chair...sooo, yeah..", "Ah sweet! I love your records! But I'm still gonna have to suplex you. Sorry.", and "An impostor enters the arena? The crowd gasps." have to be the BEST intro lines I've ever heard LMAO. :laugh:
This is a generic forum signature.
#1946  February 15, 2015, 04:16:46 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
#1947  February 15, 2015, 11:15:37 pm
    • Brazil
They went on record saying they didn't want to do another crowd-funding thing for Skullgirls, and I doubt they'd try to do it again for a sequel.
Yes, but with Skullgirls' popularity being relatively high, I think it would be worth a try.

Also, when is Beowulf coming? I already cleared Story mode with all of the others and gonna get tired of Arcade soon. (by the way, holy shit, the boss Filia in Fukua's Story Mode is even worse than Marie!)
#1948  February 15, 2015, 11:27:41 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Becoming dependent on crowd-funding is not a stable business model. People will eventually get tired of having to chip in money for game production aside from the purchase prices and other such DLCs they want to buy.
A good business is one that can support itself through sales, rather than people just giving them pity cash.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1949  February 15, 2015, 11:53:34 pm
    • Brazil
That is such a shame, there are so many things that remained unexplained, some characters that could be cool to play with. But I cleared some story modes today, and think they may have hinted the addition of new characters (it can also be just me, but, anyway):
- In Eliza's story, after the credits, Marie, who was defeated, appears in a giant skeleton, saying "Were you not told? This is not over." Why the hell would they give us this epilogue? Apparently, it was stated that Lab Zero Games that Marie would need to become playable for the canon story to be revealed (oh, the idiots who didn't vote for her...), so... I wonder if they want to make a playable version of her, just for that... it actually makes even more sense if they don't want to make a sequel, at least they would give us what actually happened.
- In Fukua's story, Umbrella and Annie of the Stars appear in the mirror after the credits. Annie doesn't really make any sense, but Umbrella (and Squigly too) were planned to be added to the main cast, but, apparently, they didn't make it due to the lack of villains (and I agree, who is actually a villain in this game besides Double?). But, could they be planning to add her as a "surprise".
I know the possibilities are minimum, but I doubt they're non-existant.
#1950  February 16, 2015, 12:31:03 am
  • tired
(and I agree, who is actually a villain in this game besides Double?)
In the playable cast? Valentine and Eliza. Of course, that's not getting into the numerous NPC villains and the like.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1951  February 16, 2015, 12:37:42 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Annie was in fukuas ending because DDB, and umbrella was there because of a running joke in the community.

Also I just want to point out that even if they voted on Marie, that wouldn't be enough for us to get the canon story. You still need Umbrella, B.Dhalia and one or two others.
#1952  February 16, 2015, 01:04:03 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
(oh, the idiots who didn't vote for her...)
Yes, how dare people vote for a brand new character instead of an already existing, boring biss character who'd take minimal effort (Compared to a new character, of course) to be made into a playable character ::)
#1953  February 16, 2015, 01:11:24 am
    • Brazil
(and I agree, who is actually a villain in this game besides Double?)
In the playable cast? Valentine and Eliza. Of course, that's not getting into the numerous NPC villains and the like.
No, I meant the ones of the release cast, the non-DLC. Its shown in Valentine's story that she is more a anti-hero than a villain.

Annie was in fukuas ending because DDB, and umbrella was there because of a running joke in the community.

Also I just want to point out that even if they voted on Marie, that wouldn't be enough for us to get the canon story. You still need Umbrella, B.Dhalia and one or two others.
What? Also, which running joke?

How do you know that? No one knows which is the canon story to be sure of which character would be important or not. Sure, Umbrella would probably be there, as it can be seen in Parasoul's story, but I don't think that Black Dahlia would be that important. She only appears as a goon. Also, it would make sense if Marie wass released after the others' maybe they would interact with her.

Yes, how dare people vote for a brand new character instead of an already existing, boring biss character who'd take minimal effort (Compared to a new character, of course) to be made into a playable character ::)
And what makes you think that Marie would not have a brand new character? If they wanted to make her boss version playable, they would have made it already. She was described to have a different moveset, based on her powers, but not boss-like. Also, since she has so little sprites, I don't think she would take minimal effort. I'm completely sure that she would be more important than any of the DLCs we have right now, who, instead of being inside the story, they're only being added to the story and would have no importance at all if they didn't exist (excluding Squigly, because, like Umbrella, she was planned to be in the original cast).
#1954  February 16, 2015, 01:16:08 am
  • tired
No, I meant the ones of the release cast, the non-DLC. Its shown in Valentine's story that she is more a anti-hero than a villain.
I personally don't vouch for Valentine as an anti-hero due to Painwheel's existence. I've beaten her story, and regardless of her intentions, I still point towards Painwheel.
#1955  February 16, 2015, 01:20:37 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
As stupid as that statement is, people found unused tag-in voices for both Marie and Umbrella. While you could say that they scrapped it, all the DLC characters released thus far have those calls (even Eliza).

While it doesn't guarantee that they'll be playable, I'm going to guess that they're in there "just in case."

And maybe Rina-chan will finally stop complaining about her fighting game debut not being a playable character.
#1956  February 16, 2015, 07:57:44 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
And what makes you think that Marie would not have a brand new character?
Because she's already in the game.
ANd yeah obviously but protip, I'm not talking just about her gameplay.

Also, since she has so little sprites, I don't think she would take minimal effort.
Read my message again, I said, compared to a brand new character.

I'm completely sure that she would be more important than any of the DLCs we have right now
Yeah no. And no one honestly takes this game's story seriously unless you're some sort of Skullgirls tumblr aficionado.
People voted for characters they wanted to see, I'm sorry to hear that popular opinion hurt you so much and people would rather see a new character in a fighting game instead of a playable boss.
#1957  February 16, 2015, 08:30:43 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Super delayed, but Robo Fortune's in the beta now and I really like the potential she has (although that environment shaking when she walks is pretty darn annoying)
#1958  February 16, 2015, 12:06:16 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Her aerial hard kick its so fun to use (she spins her legs ala Chun Li and propells  you or dellay your fall on the air)
#1959  February 16, 2015, 04:52:35 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA

What? Also, which running joke?

How do you know that? No one knows which is the canon story to be sure of which character would be important or not. Sure, Umbrella would probably be there, as it can be seen in Parasoul's story, but I don't think that Black Dahlia would be that important. She only appears as a goon. Also, it would make sense if Marie wass released after the others' maybe they would interact with her.

DDB is a frequenter of the skullheart forums, frequently referred to as the world's biggest annie fan. If anything happens, he's the first to show up and go "when's annie." Pretty much everybody on SH knows who he is, so that was most likely a nod to him. And the running joke is just that Umbrella is really salty about not being in the game yet and may or may not be trying to kill everyone out of spite.
and last but not least, I know which characters are important for the canon story because it's been stated multiple times by multiple people. Including Mike, I think.
#1960  February 16, 2015, 07:35:16 pm
    • Brazil