YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 655817 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#1401  October 23, 2014, 08:43:01 pm
Because there is nothing good about it. It's very low budget as well compared to Gaim, it looks like a 2006 series.
#1402  October 23, 2014, 08:49:34 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
it looks like a 2006 series.
Hey now, Kamen Rider Kabuto is one of my favorites.

But yeah after Gaim this feels extremely lackluster, I feel like it's still better than Wizard though so there's that.
#1403  October 23, 2014, 08:52:26 pm
About the 39th Super Sentai series. I enjoyed Kakurangers alot. It took the subbing team too much time to put up the last 5 episodes but still, I was able to finish it. I now hope that they will make Kakurangers return as cameo's in the 39th Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. It is logical to see a crossover between the two series as Toei always does that.
#1404  October 23, 2014, 09:34:14 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:48:27 pm by Segatron
#1405  October 23, 2014, 09:44:47 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I don't want to say I had no expectations for Drive, but coming off the heels of Gaim I wasn't expecting something as..."genre-busting" isn't the right word, because there have been series that have been as dark as Gaim eventually got. I remember reading that Drive's head writer worked on Double or something, so I had a feeling that Drive was going to swing to the light side as far as mood and tone goes.

I don't mind it so far, though; all the antics are good for a laugh. In a weird way, I sort of relate to Tomari's whole lack of motivation trait, but it might be slightly overdone.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#1406  October 23, 2014, 11:58:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i see that no one is talking about drive.

i personaly don't like the characters (is probably what i like the least), the setting, the story, the gimmick, the suits, attacks, etc. DROPPED. call me when we get a pirate rider or something

I "dropped it" and  started garo instead, I will go back to regular doramas once I am done with garo;I mean sailor zombie just got resumed.
#1407  October 24, 2014, 01:18:14 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I'm willing to give Drive a little bit more of a chance till something else is fully subbed/the next Sentai comes in.
But yeah after Gaim this feels extremely lackluster, I feel like it's still better than Wizard though so there's that.
It's Gokaiger/Go Busters all over.
t took the subbing team too much time to put up the last 5 episodes
Having a life outside of subbing an old TV show will cause some complications ya know

EDIT:
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:50:52 am by Roman55
#1408  October 24, 2014, 08:36:40 am
FINALLY...... ThaTS GONNA BE EXCITING
Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:39:53 am by Segatron
#1409  October 24, 2014, 09:48:37 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
...Exciting?
It's not like we already know what happens or that Burai dies, right?

And yeah I'll keep watching Drive (I mean, I didn't drop Wizard), I was expecting this general reaction towards the show from pretty much everyone though... also the W staff doesn't really guarantee quality, W had quite a handful of really stupid stuff.
#1410  October 24, 2014, 05:43:57 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I will probably go back to rider shows but I ahve to take a break after one year of gaim; garo is different enough to not count and I get the feeling super sentai is not my thing.
#1411  October 26, 2014, 09:56:43 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
So uh...
MECHA Ryoma

.... I don't know.

Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:10:20 am by S.D.
#1412  October 26, 2014, 10:33:17 am
Cyber Ryoma Nice Well either Roidmudes are sure behind this or Foundation X Though If think Toei need to make Movie War that is not split-ed up kinda like *sorry* kind of like Climax Deka was.....or like sentai crossovers BUT I swear i love him too bad Kaito isnt around otherwise he was the first person to go after than again we go our Melons....Lets See what happens
 How about a tackle with Roidmude's face being brutally damaged this form looks good but not as good like Master Chief
...Exciting?
It's not like we already know what happens or that Burai dies, right?
I know that but compared to power rangers and Yeah all the seasons of sentai I love to see this in DVD format while I spend too much for full subs. MMPR was toned down in action scenes and there were many mistakes in PR franchise till now I am just glad this one released I can finally watch it complete.
Where did you find these scans I cant find them at Orends or JEfusion
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:41:21 am by Segatron
#1413  October 26, 2014, 02:57:41 pm
    • France
Cyborg Ryouma huh...
I guess he -did- put his brain in a robot before. You'd expect more disfigurement with the way he's gone splat tho.

Drive Type Wild... I'm really liking that one. Bulky forms aren't the forte of KR usually but this one feels just right.
Overall I'm liking Drive personally. It's nothing spectacular so far, but it has these shades of plot already so that's good. The supporting cast is... Not that bad. I blame the overuse of "funny" effects more than the characters for being irritating. Tomari's (they just had to call the main character "Stop" didn't they) "getting motivated" gimmick that exists to make him say catchphrases is my only problem with the main characters. Aside from that I think he's fine. So are Kiriko and Belt.
As long as it doesn't go down Wizard's path I'll be fine with Drive.
#1414  October 27, 2014, 04:54:42 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
well, so much for "i wonder how long did ryouma's dead body remained splattered on the road before everyone returned to the city?". guess he wouldn't die even if he was killed, right?

W had quite a handful of really stupid stuff.
b-but i liked W D:

it was a fun show and had likeable characters. drive is just stupid and i couldn't care less about anybody in the show. if i at least like the characters i can watch almost anything (see my tastes in anime).

Tomari's (they just had to call the main character "Stop" didn't they) "getting motivated" gimmick that exists to make him say catchphrases is my only problem with the main characters.
ugh, yes that's another thing i hate about drive. the overuse of catchphrases
#1415  October 27, 2014, 07:29:19 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
W's characters were everything but likable, unless you were Sokichi, Shotaro or Terumi (Or Kirihiko). Everyone else was terrible, Phillip being socially awkward got annoying really fast and don't get me started on the dysfunctional Sonozakis or Akiko.
Also, it had quite a couple of terrible mini arcs and a handful of plot holes, I don't really get why some people put W on a pedestal, it wasn't that good.
Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:33:14 am by S.D.
#1416  October 27, 2014, 09:20:45 am
The Villains from Movie War 2015
1.Cyber Ryoma as Duke Dragon Energy Arms seen above in previous post
2. Megahex
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
3.Cyberoid ZZZ
this one looks reminds me about guy Sambashu from Gingaman
Also Mashin Chaser
He has some upgrades and they are in the spoiler based on the first 3 KAIJIN fought by KR 1gou
and funny here is theory from Orends
Theory about Chase could be (or maybe someone else) as the new Kamen Rider Mach:
Theory 1 = his transformed form known as Mashin Chaser. Look at the two first alphabets. MAshin CHaser. Get it? First clue here.
Theory 2 = he rode a bike. If I remember, in the catalogue scans said that the bike can also combine with the Chase's bike.
Theory 3 = "battle against his rival, KR Drive". If Knight can fight against his rival Ryuki, Gatack against Kabuto (prominently in the series' penultimate episode), Ixa against Kiva, Meteor against Fourze and Baron against Gaim in the early episodes, then all I can think is Mashin Chaser could be a corrupted version of Mach before his evil form gradually collapsed one by one, revealing his true form of himself.
Theory 4 = Chase might be brainwashed or mind-controlled by Roimude's highest commander (higher than Heart and Brain) and then modified to become a Grim Reaper. Must be someone who responsibility to modify Chase into a senseless monster.
Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:37:48 am by Segatron
#1417  October 27, 2014, 10:36:49 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#1418  October 28, 2014, 04:35:05 am
Sorry for that......
..... The ToQgers meet the Kyoryugers next year
http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/10/ressha-sentai-toqger-vs-kyoryuger-movie.html
A lot of fans criticize Kyoryuger, for for having to much spotlight for Sentai Red (Daigo) than others. I doubt they will have minor scene since they were more popular than Gobusters
Despite the ratings were 2.9 almost close to its predecessor's fate, they wont have very minute scene like gobusters if only Mr Toshike Inoue ,had done something better because he always repeats his past work over and over again. Jetman was good, I have not watched Timeranger, yet Gobusters had many flaws and both( this along with Kyouryuger) had common with its meta franchise Power Rangers.
ToQgers had been boring a real while now considering, where the storyline going. But I love Kyoryugers because  I love Pink one, Torin and the Narrator.
Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:26:21 am by Segatron
#1419  October 28, 2014, 08:21:52 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Despite the ratings were 2.9 almost close to its predecessor's fate, they wont have very minute scene like gobusters if only Mr Toshike Inoue ,had done something better because he always repeats his past work over and over again. Jetman was good, I have not watched Timeranger, yet Gobusters had many flaws and both( this along with Kyouryuger) had common with its meta franchise Power Rangers.
You mean Toshiki Inoue.

Also what the hell are you talking about?
Gobusters is by Kobayashi, unless you're talking about something else but it's hard to tell since your posts are so hard to understand.
#1420  October 28, 2014, 06:49:13 pm
KOBAYASHI ....Argh !!
And who said it to me.... shit!!!
S.D. Gobusters and Kyoryuger shared some things found in power rangers
1. Too much spot light for red ranger (a personal bike a battlizer etc)
2. Red Ranger's unlock more zords etc....and whatever...I dont remember for now
I meant to say unlike Gobusters which relatively had no role were mostly neglected in last crossover sentai film.
I doubt Kyoryugers will suffer same thing considering If Daigo doesnt hog all the spotlight like he did in series and KR Taisen (granted sentai had little role only).
Kyoryugers were better than gobuster but everytime I see ToQger.....Urgh!!!
Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:01:04 pm by Segatron