• network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Very cool stage bro, I like the colors.
Re: Green-Vortex
#3  February 08, 2010, 02:54:07 am
  • 幻影緑凜
  • Ascended Mugen's Last Phantasm aka Melty Gear
    • Skype - ciel.altia
    • youkaimoe.blog.fc2.com/
This is an awesome looking stage, great work. Being in my favorite color is even better. ^_^
#4  February 08, 2010, 02:57:55 am
  • ~~~ヾ(^∇^)
    • Argentina
    • darkgirl.mugenimperiolatino.com
Mmhhh.. interesting..
#5  February 08, 2010, 03:39:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
You know, this reminds me of Rednavi for some reason.
#6  February 08, 2010, 03:40:03 am
  • Why are pokemon being mistreated?
love it dude ;D
#7  February 08, 2010, 04:31:41 am
I agree that the floor is disappointing seeing as it still looks low-res and I don't understand why the green squares are so sharp.
The low-res version looks better.
#8  February 08, 2010, 04:33:22 am
  • Shun Goku Satsu
ok let's start with the obvious
first it's a complete rip off of Rednavi's CVSW background
and the animation doesn't even loop correctly
other than that everything added is just plain wrong
the fog delta is completely wrong in relation to the floor
the floor sprite is a lores color lossy pixelized crapfest
the reset background is on so in between rounds it frame skips
the def file is named with a space instead of an underscore so it cannot be assigned to a character
#9  February 08, 2010, 05:39:06 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
let's get back on topic shall we...I do agree on the floor...kinda doesn't fit with the background...other than that it's cool
#10  February 08, 2010, 05:44:12 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I think if you had a metal platform and then made the bottom glow or sommething it'd look better
#11  February 08, 2010, 07:24:56 am
  • Imagination is Everyting....
    • flamekyo.mugen-infantry.net
ok let's start with the obvious
first it's a complete rip off of Rednavi's CVSW background
and the animation doesn't even loop correctly
other than that everything added is just plain wrong
the fog delta is completely wrong in relation to the floor
the floor sprite is a lores color lossy pixelized crapfest
the reset background is on so in between rounds it frame skips
the def file is named with a space instead of an underscore so it cannot be assigned to a character

Wait,

This is not Rednavi's Background,
i did not use anything of Rednavi's what-so-ever

i ripped the sprites my self using particle illusion. as a matter of fact, im going to rip alot more stuff from particle illusion and give them out as open source sprites  :sugoi:
Also i dont even think the animation in particle illusion can be looped correctly, im not sure

The floor was low-res but i tried to make it look hi-res :P

The floor and that reset think i can fix, ill also change the name  ;)

-Thanks for the comments.
... Pulse Lifebars Re-Make :twisted:  60%
#12  February 08, 2010, 07:28:19 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you did good...just the floor was my qualm...other than that yer good
#13  February 08, 2010, 11:41:50 am
Wait,

Not relevant.

i ripped the sprites my self using particle illusion. as a matter of fact, im going to rip alot more stuff from particle illusion and give them out as open source sprites  :sugoi:
Also i dont even think the animation in particle illusion can be looped correctly, im not sure

The floor was low-res but i tried to make it look hi-res :P There are many ways to achieve what you were going for. You're just not educated enough in the area to pull it off.

The floor and that reset think i can fix, ill also change the name  ;) Winking on the internet is almost as unsettling as it is in real life. Don't do it again.

A lot of people touched on different aspects of the stage and it's coding in general, so what I really want to touch on is the Particle Illusion bit since I'm more well versed in it than anyone here who would give feedback. Hence the short answers in the text that I quoted. Okay, so here I go. Particle Illusion can do a few decent things if used right. I've seen it used in Indie films (lol Indie films), and in a commercial or two. However it wasn't used right at all in this context. It doesn't loop correctly, the colors hardly even match up to the rest of the colors in the stage, and overall it's just a basic preset animation within Particle Illusion with no fine tunings (color doesn't really count as fine tuning) what so ever. Second, ripping some of the effects and making them "open source" when you can't even use the basic functions of the program correctly is just a stupid idea. The program has a lot of intricate controls that I've seen no one touch yet. Not even -SyN- or Rednavi do, and they (no offense guys) whore the hell out of it. If you do open source them then people will have to work around the effects, work around the fact that YOU can't loop using the program, and possibly have to color correct every frame if they don't like the gimped effect's color that you're trying to pimp out. In all actuality the effect is supposed to work around the the source image or video, not the other way around. People are going to need effects that do different things, in different ways, in different colors, with different start up and end types. Without any kind of level of control of the effect on their end, it's nothing more than a wasted effort on your end. Instead of trying to get attention through ripping piss poor PI effects, why don't you up the ante and make an awesome stage? I mean yeah it's great that you pulled a Christopher Columbus and discovered something that others knew about well beforehand, but don't try and let that be your claim to fame.
#14  February 08, 2010, 12:39:14 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
man that's the longest single post I've ever seen o_O but yeah I agree
#15  February 08, 2010, 07:38:59 pm
Wait,

Not relevant.

i ripped the sprites my self using particle illusion. as a matter of fact, im going to rip alot more stuff from particle illusion and give them out as open source sprites  :sugoi:

The floor was low-res but i tried to make it look hi-res :P There are many ways to achieve what you were going for. You're just not educated enough in the area to pull it off.

The floor and that reset think i can fix, ill also change the name  ;) Winking on the internet is almost as unsettling as it is in real life. Don't do it again.

A lot of people touched on different aspects of the stage and it's coding in general, so what I really want to touch on is the Particle Illusion bit since I'm more well versed in it than anyone here who would give feedback. Hence the short answers in the text that I quoted. Okay, so here I go. Particle Illusion can do a few decent things if used right. I've seen it used in Indie films (lol Indie films), and in a commercial or two. However it wasn't used right at all in this context. It doesn't loop correctly, the colors hardly even match up to the rest of the colors in the stage, and overall it's just a basic preset animation within Particle Illusion with no fine tunings (color doesn't really count as fine tuning) what so ever. Second, ripping some of the effects and making them "open source" when you can't even use the basic functions of the program correctly is just a stupid idea. The program has a lot of intricate controls that I've seen no one touch yet. Not even -SyN- or Rednavi do, and they (no offense guys) whore the hell out of it. If you do open source them then people will have to work around the effects, work around the fact that YOU can't loop using the program, and possibly have to color correct every frame if they don't like the gimped effect's color that you're trying to pimp out. In all actuality the effect is supposed to work around the the source image or video, not the other way around. People are going to need effects that do different things, in different ways, in different colors, with different start up and end types. Without any kind of level of control of the effect on their end, it's nothing more than a wasted effort on your end. Instead of trying to get attention through ripping piss poor PI effects, why don't you up the ante and make an awesome stage? I mean yeah it's great that you pulled a Christopher Columbus and discovered something that others knew about well beforehand, but don't try and let that be your claim to fame.

Yeah, but this was my first time using particle illusion effects for a stage, i guess i did it kind of wrong lol.

Thanks for feedback HankVenture, ill try to see if i can think of better ideas for a stage.

#16  February 08, 2010, 09:16:45 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Practice should usually come before the final.
#17  February 09, 2010, 12:30:55 am
    • USA
1) Using a P.I. effect as the main part of the stage is quite boring, you should add something else besides a floor, maybe floating data gimmicks or digital small words (Like in the MGS menues).

2) This is NOT a rip-off of my BG, first of all we both used the same emitter but you can cleary see that this is no way the very same sprites as mine, in fact I did my BG looooooooooong time ago when I barely knew about how to handle the emmiters yet I was able to make a quick edit of it to include more colors (Mine is green and yellow while this stage just has the green emitter without blur motion or changes to the emmiter at all). Don't punish the guy just because I used an effect before his.

3)

The program has a lot of intricate controls that I've seen no one touch yet. Not even -SyN- or Rednavi do, and they (no offense guys) whore the hell out of it.

NICE CAR +1 you say "whore", I say "I use any graphic element I have at hand".

I would like you to give any examples of me "just grabbing an emitter and ripping it without modification" (Present examples because of course, grabbing something from 2 years ago when I didnt even know about the alpha channel fuctions will look noobish). btw, take a trip at KOF NC's thread, Let's see where you can find an emitter of K's Iron Trigger... I had to do those FX's by myself you know?

Im however agree with you, making this opensourse is pointless

sorry for the off topic :P
#18  February 09, 2010, 09:44:44 pm
hey does taht char rlly exist not shadow giest other one ive been tyring ot find him but he never shows up anywhere accept in these pics is he real?
#19  February 10, 2010, 01:32:47 am
#20  February 10, 2010, 05:24:04 am
thx alot man! idk how ufind ou taobuth these chars there not in the hi res section ive cheked 3 times.. o wlel thx agian (=