YesNoOk

Streets Of Rage: Max ( Update #1) (Read 12594 times)

Started by Sphinxe, September 05, 2007, 02:02:14 am
Share this topic:
Streets Of Rage: Max ( Update #1)
#1  September 05, 2007, 02:02:14 am
  • Bite me...or rather, I Bite you!

-Sphinxe1-
Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:31:32 am by Sphinxe

JNi

Re: Streets Of Rage: Max
#2  September 05, 2007, 06:26:40 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
I can donwload the character in filefront i dont know why
can you upload in other page please  --;  :sugoi:

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
#3  September 05, 2007, 02:08:35 pm
K

-Sphinxe1-
#4  September 05, 2007, 10:37:24 pm

1. Max has no crouching x attack, and his crouching y attack CANNOT hit the opponent.

2. Every time I perform a jumping attack (with the single exception of a jumping Z attack), Max does the move twice, and it looks REALLY weird (not to mention I can only hit the opponent once anyway). Play him yourself and you'll see what I mean.

3. I don't think it was a good idea to use his "jumping" animation for his forward dash (F, F). It looks bizarre, and in my opinion, you might have achieved better results just by speeding up his "walking" animation to make it look like he's genuinely dashing.

4. I can get extra hits after a grab with A and/or B and X and/or Y, but if I grab the opponent and then hit them with C or Z (which are supposed to be stronger attacks), it just knocks them away. I'm not sure the priorities are accurate here.

5. His QCF+kick move (the sliding move) is far too WEAK to motivate me to use it. I'd suggest you increase the damage values on this move at least until they equal the damage of perhaps a foot sweep from Zangief or something.

6. On the other extreme, some of his moves are far too STRONG! If I use the X and Y versions of his QCF+punch move (the shoulder ram), I take off over half the opponent's life bar without even wasting my super meter. If I use the Z version, I take out almost the ENTIRE BAR (or on some opponents, it's a 1-hit KO)! If I use the A version of his QCB+kick move (the spinning lariat), I take off about 50% of the opponent's life bar; if I use the B version, I take off around 3/4, and if I use the C version, not only is it a 1-Hit KO, but Max won't even stop hitting the opponent for a few extra seconds. And all of this WITHOUT using my super meter! Moving on TO the super moves, the QCF QCF punch super (super shoulder ram) is a 1-Hit KO unless I don't hit them until the later part of the move and even THEN I take off about 3/4 life bar. His QCB QCB kick move (the super lariat) is even WORSE, because not only do I 1-hit KO the opponent with it, but the move never stops! It just keeps going on and on forever until I finally quit in disgust and go back to the character select screen! I don't think I need to mention how badly you need to look these over, because this just isn't proper behavior for special moves that should not theoretically do so much damage or for super moves which now render Max "cheap".

7. It is possible to do his super moves in mid-air, BUT they still look like he's travelling across the ground, AND, if I do a super move with Max in mid-air, then once the move is over, I can WALK in MID-AIR until I jump! This needs to be badly fixed.

8. His jumping Z (which I mentioned earlier was the only attack that didn't come out twice) takes way too long to execute, and when I do it with him, what often happens is that he rears his arm back, but touches the ground, BUT "hovers" an inch above the ground to complete the move before finally landing. Do a jumping Z attack with him and you'll see what I mean.

9. There doesn't seem to be a point at ALL to the QCB+punch move (where Max looks like he's trying to grab someone by the elbow like in Streets of Rage 2 right before elbow-smashing them). If I hit the opponent with this move, it just acts like a regular grab, which I can do anyway just by forward+Z when close to the opponent.

10. Last of all, I am capable of doing his "super moves" even if my super bar is EMPTY! I literally went straight into a match with Mayu Shiina just doing a super move, having done NOTHING AT ALL that would've put super energy in my super bar, and I KO'd Mayu in one shot.

However, despite all of that, you said yourself this character was incomplete. I must admit that despite all his flaws, Max shows a great deal of potential. You did lots of stuff right, after all; you picked just the right sprite for a "blocking" animation; his walking and attacking behavior seems ripped straight from the original game, and the "grab" manuever was well-executed, just to name a few.

But you REALLY should look over all the feedback I gave you. I realize that I only put negative points on the list this time, but that wasn't to insult you; that was merely to call attention to what still needs to be done on what you said yourself was an "incomplete character". I'm looking forward VERY MUCH to the day this character is complete and ready to compete fairly and powerfully.
#5  September 05, 2007, 10:52:33 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Do you plan on making a more streets of rage like version of him? You know, like chon wang's blaze and axel characters.
#6  September 05, 2007, 11:02:33 pm
Will Do the fixes...Carlos I've never played with them..so maybe later If i Actually see how they play.

The couching x attack will be used to pick up weapons..So as of now it has not much purpose but later it will.

Hmmm And on Number six he stops when I do it and also When I do these moves they dont do major damage...?Hmmm weird.

-Sphinxe1-
Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 11:43:53 pm by Sphinxe
#7  September 15, 2007, 02:58:02 am
Updated....Fixed alot of stuff...

-Sphinxe1-
Re: Streets Of Rage: Max ( Update #1)
#8  November 26, 2008, 11:14:07 am
solid thanks alot av been looking for this guy for ages