YesNoOk

CVS SPRITES COMPENDIUM - HELP WANTED (Spriters/Sprite editers/artists)  (Read 5954933 times)

Started by Peter H., September 10, 2008, 04:48:56 am
Share this topic:
CVS SPRITES COMPENDIUM - HELP WANTED (Spriters/Sprite editers/artists)
#1  September 10, 2008, 04:48:56 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
HELLO ALL!  DOMO DOMO!!!  HARD GAY!!  I'd wish to start work on a huge collection of CVS inspired spritesets for the list of characters I will post below.  But I'll need help along the way, so here's where you come in! :D  I need volunteer sprite editers/artists who would be willing to join in creating this huge collection, and easy enough, my standards for acheivement aren't high at all. 

For SNK characters, most of them will need some resizing and recoloring to fit in with the CVS crowd, but for games like SF3, we'll simply resize and cut animation where it's too heavy.  Alpha's, marvel games, and darkstalkers only need resizing, so there's not too much of a need to fix every detail there (besides, some have already been converted when imported to Capcom Fighting Jam :sugoi:, so feel free to be lazy there).  Any character that is being redrawn over will be so by me, 'less you're that damn badass, and want to do that for me as well.  Anyway, here's the list!

There is no rush, you may take your time while working on this.  No deadlines, no nothing.  One person may team up with others to speed finish one character if that's what you guys would like to do, but remember, teamwork.  If you choose a character to work on, you must first complete a sprite set of over 20 sprites before sending me anything, and I will only take it through email.  No send requests through aim/msn/any IM will be honored, and you must first join before working on the cast.  If sprite editing isn't your thing, and you really do want to do a complete overhaul, be my guest.

Ramirez.leonard@gmail.com

I think I covered everything....  alright guys, don't let me down!

*will be redone in order of priority later*
*New characters

**************************************************************************************************
CAPCOM
**************************************************************************************************
Street Fighter Alpha
Guy (resize)
Rose (resize)
Karin (resize)
Gen (resize)
Birdie (resize)
R. Mika (resize)
Adon (resize)
Athletic Chun Li (resize)

Super Turbo
Fei Long (resize)
Cammy (edit/resize)
Dee Jay (resize)
T. Hawk (resize)

Street Fighter 3
Elena (resize/edit)
Ibuki (resize/edit)
Yang (resize/edit)
Dudley (resize/edit)
Remy (resize/edit)
Makoto (resize/edit)
Oro (resize/edit)
Necro (resize/edit)
Sean (resize/edit)
Alex (resize/edit)
Gill (resize/edit)
Urien (resize/edit)
Hugo
Q

Plasma Sword
Hayato (resize)

Breath of Fire
Katt (draw)

Darkstalkers
Felicia (resize)
Talbain (resize)
Lei Lei (resize)
Jedah (resize)
Rikou (resize)
Huitzil (resize)
Demitri (resize)
Lilith (resize)
Zabel

Devil May Cry
Dante

Jojo
Jotaro
Dio
Midler

Strider
Strider Hiryu (resize)

Resident Evil
Jill Valentine (resize)

Final Fight
Cody (resize/edit)
Haggar (edit)
Lucia (draw)

Battle Circuit
Yellow Iris (draw)

Warzard
Leo

Power Stone
Rouge (draw)
Falcon (draw)
Ayane (draw)
Wang (draw)

Rival Schools

D&D
Elf (resize/edit)

Marvel
Captain Commando (resize)
Jin (resize)
Wolverine
Gambit
Psylocke

Total:  55

SNK
King of Fighters
Shen Woo (edit/resize)
Oswald (edit/resize)
Ash (edit/resize)
Vanessa (edit/resize)
Andy Bogard (edit/resize)
Momoko (edit/resize)
Athena Asamiya (sprite overhaul)
Blue Mary (edit/resize)
Leona (edit/resize)
K' (edit/resize)

Mark of the Wolves
Kain R Heinlein (edit/resize)
B. Jenet (edit/resize)
Gato (edit/resize)
Hotaru Futaba (edit/resize)
Freeman (edit/resize)

Maximum Impact
Louis Meyrink (draw)
Nanase (draw)

Samurai Showdown
Galford (edit/resize)
Genjuro (edit/resize)
Mina (edit/resize)
Iroha (edit/resize)
Rimururu (edit/resize)

Rage of the Dragons
Billy (edit/resize)
Jimmy (edit/resize)
Sonia (edit/resize)
Cassandra (edit/resize)
Johann (edit/resize)
Annie (edit/resize)

Athena!
Goddess Athena (draw)

Galaxy Fight
Roomi (edit/resize)
Al (edit/resize)

Waku Waku 7
Rai (edit/resize)
Slash (edit/resize)
Dandy J (edit/resize)
Tesse (edit/resize)
Arina (edit/resize)

Last Blade
Kaede (edit/resize)
Moriya (edit/resize)
Akane (edit/resize)

Art of Fighting

World Heroes
Neo Dio (edit/resize)
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:49:39 am by Sol Badguy Z
Re: CVS3: Revenge of Iron Fist - Help wanted! Spriters/Sprite Editors/etc
#2  September 10, 2008, 05:46:49 am
Sounds like a rather ambitious project; but you should be using ANY characters from SF2T at all, to be honest: those four characters are already in SFA3.

As far as spriting goes.. I'll consider joining to help sprite, but I'm already tied into another project for now.
#3  September 10, 2008, 06:01:43 am
Any help is appreciated.  *bows*  8)

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

- Peter
#4  September 10, 2008, 06:10:06 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Jojo
Jotaro
Dio
Midler
:omg:
Galaxy Fight
Roomi (edit/resize)
Al (edit/resize)

Waku Waku 7
Rai (edit/resize)
Slash (edit/resize)
Dandy J (edit/resize)
Tesse (edit/resize)
Arina (edit/resize)
Sunsoft != SNK.
Maaaaybe SNK can use those characters (Afterall they can use some Data East stuff and Noise factory stuff, maybe) but I doubt it.
#5  September 10, 2008, 06:11:51 am
    • Thailand
My incarnation of this project - apparently JZ's making one too, so me and Burn got super pissed and decided we'd make an even sweeter one - will introduce a few new game engine tweaks,

Why make it a competition? :omg:

No Dhalsim?
#6  September 10, 2008, 06:16:18 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
No Yun?
#7  September 10, 2008, 06:18:47 am
#8  September 10, 2008, 06:22:41 am
Jojo
Jotaro
Dio
Midler
:omg:
What's wrong with those guys?  :3

My incarnation of this project - apparently JZ's making one too, so me and Burn got super pissed and decided we'd make an even sweeter one - will introduce a few new game engine tweaks,

Why make it a competition? :omg:
It's not
No Dhalsim?
That's a list of the NEW characters being put into CVS.  No need to repeat those who are already in.

No Yun?
See above.

Also, yes, I am quite well aware that puts me way over a hundred characters.

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
#9  September 10, 2008, 06:23:04 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Oh wow...
Wait, Captain Commando and Jin are from Marvel?
Damn, gotta catch up with Secret Invasion.

Edit:
They....aren't Capcom characters?
I Might as well add Aladin, The Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck.
Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:26:19 am by Shin Ankoku Eiji
#10  September 10, 2008, 06:25:10 am
Oh wow...
Wait, Captain Commando and Jin are from Marvel?
Damn, gotta catch up with Secret Invasion.
No but their fighting game sprites are :P

They....aren't Capcom characters?
I Might as well add Aladin, The Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck.
Yes, but capcom did make a fighting game out of them, and this isn't an actual official game - so as long as capcom made a fighting game about it, it's pretty much fair grounds for usage on their side of things.

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:31:00 am by Sol Badguy Z
#11  September 10, 2008, 08:52:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Everyone already beat me to every other criticism so I'll just add that the title is terribly cliché. Can't you come up with something original?! Also in b4 matrix reference.

EDIT: Also why is there a Hokuto no Ken groove and what does that have to do with either Capcom or SNK?!
Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:59:17 am by Jango
#12  September 10, 2008, 03:43:55 pm
  • King of Sona
all i see is a big wall of text with chars you want in your game
and what you need from others

I think I covered everything....
yeah.
no pics, no progress on what joo did, no help
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:

DM

#13  September 10, 2008, 04:04:19 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
A fullgame with more than 10 chars on roster = a great failure rate.
Why? Too many chars to code.
#14  September 10, 2008, 04:29:23 pm
I agree with Son Goku.  Try starting out w/ something small, say 5 on the capcom side and 5 on the SNK side.  It sounds too little, but once you start coding and working w/ your sprites 10 characters might still seem too much.  Good luck w/ this project though  ;)
#15  September 10, 2008, 08:02:59 pm
I appreciate that you guys bothered to stop and comment, even if some of your responses were a little, if not completely, misguided.  The biggest problem with most of the mentioned concerns is that it has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm asking for at all.  It's not that I'm not willing to bend a little, but rather that these concerns are rather trivial at the present time, and stated by those not currently involved with the project - I feel that a cosmetic change is a secondary, or even tertiary concern at this point and can be dealt with later.  But onto more direct responses:

Everyone already beat me to every other criticism so I'll just add that the title is terribly cliché. Can't you come up with something original?! Also in b4 matrix reference.
Something "original"?  I'm not sure as to what you mean, as I've never heard of a game titled "Revenge of Iron Fist".

EDIT: Also why is there a Hokuto no Ken groove and what does that have to do with either Capcom or SNK?!
You might as well be asking me what are Sunsoft/Jojo/Envogue characters doing in a game that has nothing to do with them.

all i see is a big wall of text with chars you want in your game
and what you need from others
It's rather odd you phrased that the way you did.  Doesn't anyone in charge of a project want others to do work for them?  If what you're saying is that I plan not to do any work at all, then doesn't seeing as I'm not asking for anyone to do any coding sound a little suspect to you?  If you're wondering, Shen Woo is off limits - I'm the one doing his sprites and his coding to boot.

I think I covered everything....
yeah.
no pics, no progress on what joo did, no help
Well, since you can only speak for yourself (and coming off as a jerk at it as well), I can definately say that your services will not be needed.  This project is beginning from scratch, playtesters are not needed, and coding isn't a problem at this point at all.  Like when I asked Titiln whether this thread would be a good idea or not, his reply was that even if the game flopped belly up, good sprites would've came out of it at the very least.  Isn't that enough of an achievement, even if a game never comes out?

A fullgame with more than 10 chars on roster = a great failure rate.
Why? Too many chars to code.
At this point that isn't a problem.  This is a successive project that will be at first released to mugen globally.  When everything is over and done with, the game, with it's added features, will be released.

I agree with Son Goku.  Try starting out w/ something small, say 5 on the capcom side and 5 on the SNK side.  It sounds too little, but once you start coding and working w/ your sprites 10 characters might still seem too much.  Good luck w/ this project though  ;)
Your concern is appreciated, and thanks.

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
#16  September 10, 2008, 08:11:20 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
JoJo is not Capcom.  >:(

This project will be dead in a few days. you have so many characters you've missed Ryu and Ken. 
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:23:33 pm by Viewtiful9999
#17  September 10, 2008, 08:18:16 pm
he knows jojo isn't really capcom and he didn't list any of the old characters god damn do you even read
#18  September 10, 2008, 08:23:15 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#19  September 10, 2008, 08:25:14 pm
This project will be dead in a few days
The project started when I began work on Katt, so yeah, that's about half a year ago.  It's only recently that I decided to go apeshit with the roster.  Since no one's holding anyone to anything in this project, and people can get back to me at their leisure, death of the project isn't really possible - it'll simply be drawn out.

I'm banned forever.

- Peter

DM

#20  September 10, 2008, 08:31:14 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
The logic is: JoJo isn't Capcom, but Capcom made a fighting game using JoJo characters. Same logic with Marvel and D&D chars.

With this point of view, if SEGA releases a great fighting game like CvS, Michael Jackson could be in the game (since SEGA made Moonwalker for Genesis/Master System).

This project will be dead in a few days. you have so many characters you've missed Ryu and Ken.  
He just don't cited the chars present on CvS series. He already answered it, btw.
But about the first phrase, yes, agreed. ._.