YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1285313 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1121  July 29, 2019, 01:50:03 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Stage problems, it's with the floor on the Shine of the Forgotten God stage.
Mugen 1.1: https://i.imgur.com/nK1ehBl.png
Ikemen: https://i.imgur.com/bUqlwUH.png

I'll check it.

Demo mode crashes for me, error log below:

*Error log*

So this also broke on the GO transition?
I'll see if I rewrite it from scratch (K4thos code is sometimes weird)

EDIT:

WTF!!
Demo mode uses a file called "randomtest.lua" that stuff is not used anywhere else and is completely undocumented...

Does anyone know what demo mode is supposed to do?
I think it was like Mugen demo mode were it shows AI fighting if you stay in the title screen for some time. (Yes I know it can be accessed fro the menu)
But now I'm not sure if it was what I was thinking.

EDIT END

Any possibilities on porting this wonder to Android??

Dan was porting it to android, it did not include touch controls so the use of a external keyboard/gamepad is needed this was because his main target was android TV.
One of the problems was that the size of Docker image with the dependencies was on GB, The android SDK is heavy,
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:12:08 am by Gacel
#1122  July 29, 2019, 01:54:52 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Any plans for the option for the old Mugen Continue screen?
It would be more convenient especially with Mugen SPs.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1123  July 29, 2019, 02:06:57 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I just forgot that mugen did have a game over screen, had to open it again in arcade to check.

So it is Display the current stage darkened with the character game over animation and the text:

Continue?
 Yes  No

I think it could be implemented in the future but is not a high priority.
#1124  July 29, 2019, 02:11:47 am
    • UK
Yeah, the current SFA screen is at a fixed localcoord and looks off at higher resolutions.
Could could keep the option for credits as well though.
WIP Schedule:
#1125  July 29, 2019, 02:30:14 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Wait these sprites are from Street fighter alpha!!
Well it seems that I have to remove them and make new ones from scratch. (Copyright violations stuff)
#1126  July 29, 2019, 03:35:48 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com

WTF!!
Demo mode uses a file called "randomtest.lua" that stuff is not used anywhere else and is completely undocumented...

I think it was like Mugen demo mode were it shows AI fighting if you stay in the title screen for some time. (Yes I know it can be accessed fro the menu)

Is exactly what you think, the unreleased k4thos build is a lot far more advanced than you imagine.
Suehiro merging the last build with his own code Was a huge mistake.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
#1127  July 29, 2019, 04:36:54 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So I decided to find were that file comes from and "randomtest.lua" actually comes from good old Ikemen S-SIZE (The old 2017 Ikemen)
More than half of the code of the Lua files was made for a Ikemen made in another programming language that the reason why a lot of stuff broke and weird workaround like this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
S-SIZE is largely undocumented and obscure so it was easier to workaround than trying to edit the source.
We need someday to do a refactoring to the lua part.
For now it seems that I have to find out how demo mode works.

* Gacel post *

Is exactly what you think, the unreleased k4thos build is a lot far more advanced than you imagine.
Suehiro merging the last build with his own code Was a huge mistake.

You have my curiosity apart from "4 tag vs 3 simul characters separated lifebars" and the "Here comes a new challenger" what else it does have?

Also I do not consider the merge and error, if you check the commit on the merge:
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO/commit/666325921da86a675dd7c472ddef5e15627ba4b7
You can see that the GO part of the code did not change much.
Most of the K4thos work is in the lua files (That are what provides screenpack support and the whole menu frontend)
But yeah the new features will speed up development a lot.

EDIT:
What in the name of...

Okay I discovered why it does not work, for demo mode to work you need to create a folder name "debug" (It needs to be lowercase) because it saves variables in the debug txt files! Why? it saves data in the debug logs!

Emm so I just fell perplexed with this. I'll make so it saves data in a save file inside a save folder (The replays will also go over there and also I'll make so it saves more than one replay) and I will document the file so in the future other people would know what it does.
Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:30:12 am by Gacel
#1128  July 29, 2019, 05:13:47 am
you're putting many efforts to do this engine better, i wish you very luck to solve the issues.
#1129  July 29, 2019, 07:30:05 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com

You have my curiosity apart from "4 tag vs 3 simul characters separated lifebars" and the "Here comes a new challenger" what else it does have?

Also I do not consider the merge and error, if you check the commit on the merge:
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO/commit/666325921da86a675dd7c472ddef5e15627ba4b7
You can see that the GO part of the code did not change much.
Most of the K4thos work is in the lua files (That are what provides screenpack support and the whole menu frontend)

The last public release from him is the basis from the suehiros merge and your work too....so are using an old code.
The unrelease has changes on source code and lua code to achieve more and optimized functionalities, so many changes cause that trying to fuse your current with his latest in broken compatibility, almost as two different engines.

the challenger and lifebars are only two small bits, he did a little but big change, he deprecated statedef -10 -20 -30 and added a better -1 -2 -3 compatibility.
all in page 4 and 5 of this thread.
Render changes, sound changes, camera changes, lifebar changes, controller changes, option changes.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:38:20 am by MangeX
#1130  July 29, 2019, 07:47:36 am
    • South Africa

So this also broke on the GO transition?
I'll see if I rewrite it from scratch (K4thos code is sometimes weird)

EDIT:

WTF!!

EDIT END

Demo Mode used to work in your older builds of ikemen go plus, yes it is an ai vs ai thing picked randomly and they fight against each other.

#1131  July 29, 2019, 07:52:15 am
    • South Africa
Thank you, I will create the folder.
#1132  July 29, 2019, 10:17:09 am
    • rmbase.blog55.fc2.com/
The last public release from him is the basis from the suehiros merge and your work too....so are using an old code.
The unrelease has changes on source code and lua code to achieve more and optimized functionalities, so many changes cause that trying to fuse your current with his latest in broken compatibility, almost as two different engines.

the challenger and lifebars are only two small bits, he did a little but big change, he deprecated statedef -10 -20 -30 and added a better -1 -2 -3 compatibility.
all in page 4 and 5 of this thread.
Render changes, sound changes, camera changes, lifebar changes, controller changes, option changes.

It's very interesting.
I don't know why he didn't release the code, but sending it to ikemen go developers will help with development.
#1133  July 29, 2019, 09:04:53 pm
    • UK
Hey could you check PotS' Shin Gouki, or Selfish's SvK edit?
I've been having him as P2 and M.Bison appears dead in the Round 1 Intro even if it's not the Intro with him.
Example:
WIP Schedule:
#1134  July 29, 2019, 09:23:43 pm
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
Any plans for the option for the old Mugen Continue screen?
It would be more convenient especially with Mugen SPs.

It will be helpful, but only as an option

The good thind about Ikemen is the continue screen, specially for the numeric sequence
#1135  July 30, 2019, 02:58:43 pm
    • South Africa
The hit character sounds and ui sounds still don't work on the mac version, only background music works. But as a work around, mac users can download playonmac and run the 32 bit windows version with it and everything works 100%! Just remember to put openal as native in the library section of configure wine and it will work fine.
#1136  July 31, 2019, 09:22:30 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Maybe is the lack of the openAL binaries, have you installed them?
http://macappstore.org/openal-soft/

If you already have brew you can just run in the terminal
Code:
brew install openal-soft
#1137  July 31, 2019, 01:58:51 pm
    • South Africa
openal-soft is keg-only, which means it was not symlinked into /usr/local,
because macOS provides OpenAL.framework.

If you need to have openal-soft first in your PATH run:
  echo 'export PATH="/usr/local/opt/openal-soft/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.bash_profile

For compilers to find openal-soft you may need to set:
  export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/opt/openal-soft/lib"
  export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openal-soft/include"

For pkg-config to find openal-soft you may need to set:
  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/opt/openal-soft/lib/pkgconfig"

==> Summary
#1138  August 01, 2019, 08:03:45 pm
    • South Africa
In turns out that my openal is installed and up to date, the log attached above said that, I don't know if it would help with anything though.
#1139  August 03, 2019, 01:20:32 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So MacOS provides a native OpenAL.
For now playonmac seems to be a workaround.
I'll plan to see how to set up a MacOS VM.

Also guys remember "Demo Mode" well apparently the GO side of the engine has a function called AutoLevel.
AutoLevel ranks characters AI based on his number of loses vs wins and match them based on his rank.

So I did set up to save folder and it saves AutoLevel data and Online Replays (Now it can save more than 1) and config.json to it.
A replay file name example is "2019-08(Aug)-02 07-20PM-57s.replay"

Should config.json go in the save folder or should stay in the data folder?
Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:49:34 am by Gacel
#1140  August 03, 2019, 03:19:40 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Save folder sounds better to me since the data folder is already a mess with many stuff related to the motif while config.json has options to manage the engine.
Now, can you make the localcords options for the motif somehow to be on the config.json? I love to test your updates but everytime I do unzip your new update over my Ikemen folder I have to go like three or four motif lua files to set the damn localcord numbers.  I know It sounds kinda lazy from my part actually.

BTW, I dunno how to call those shadows that are like clones of the character when you perform some movements, they dont dissapear at the right time, in Mugen they dissapear but on Ikemen they just persist.