YesNoOk

How to make the camera fly to/focus on p1 when he/she's performing a super move? (Read 928 times)

Started by rkmugen, May 06, 2008, 07:49:38 am
Share this topic:
How to make the camera fly to/focus on p1 when he/she's performing a super move?
#1  May 06, 2008, 07:49:38 am
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
    • www.youtube.com/rkmugen
In MvsC 1 and MvsC 2, you'll notice the following situation:

Consider that P2 is at the peak of a super-jump or is at the top-most corner's of the screen.  The camera is on P2.

Now, when P1 performs a super move, the camera quickly focuses on P1 and P1's hyper portrait.

Just as P1 completes his/her initial supermove stance, the camera quickly flies back to wherever P2 currently is, no matter whether or not if they've moved to a different position on the screen.

So my question is this...... would it be possible to replicate this kind of camera behavior when my character performs a super move?

Aadmi

Re: How to make the camera fly to/focus on p1 when he/she's performing a super m
#2  May 06, 2008, 09:04:05 am
Simple i think?...you could use the
screenbound function, of course with the corect triggers
Re: How to make the camera fly to/focus on p1 when he/she's performing a super m
#3  May 06, 2008, 09:33:02 am
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
    • www.youtube.com/rkmugen
I should've added that I would like to make this into a separate state that is always active that I can just call up from within a Super move's state.  It would look like this:

Code:
;-----------------------
[Statedef ###, Super_move_state]
{super move's data, triggers, etc.}
{a call to activate a global state to manipulate the camera(-2 type)}

;-----------------------
[Statedef -2]

[State -2, camera_manipulation]
{forces the camera to do as I described in my previous post}

Now, the reason I'd like to do it like this is so that I don't have to cut and paste large amounts of text throughout my .CNS's.  That is, wherever I have a super move throughout the .CNS, all I have to do is call up the state that is always checking itself (hence the "-2") and which has the needed specifications. I'd like to make it look as clean as possible.

I have tried the screenbound method, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
*Am I binding P1 to the screen or an invisible helper?
*Do I have to put P2 into a custom state to achieve the desired effect?
*What does this mean for the Hyper portrait (which I coded as a Helper....... which is, in turn, made up with a bunch of explods)........ ?
*Will the Hyper portrait correctly follow the screen when it finishes focusing on P1 (just before the camera flies back to where P2 is)?
#4  May 06, 2008, 09:41:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
In mugen, the camera generally focuses on the highest player. For that matter, this works more in reverse if memory serves and the camera will go down whenever the ground player activates a super move.

Anyway. Technically screenbound and movecamera are what you need with one glaring problem. You need to turn it OFF for the other player. So they need to know when you're actually doing a hyper. This is, not really feasible for normal play except in a full game situation.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.