YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2936957 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#4381  October 04, 2015, 07:41:31 pm
#4382  October 04, 2015, 07:59:53 pm
Mr.Lars is a big boy, he can explain for himself.

I have no idea what happened in SFIV so I'll just take people's word for now. I will say that all things considered (Bison's visual change, cyborg Nash) the narrative argument definitely favors Guile.
#4383  October 04, 2015, 08:05:01 pm
the story is completely irrelevant for characters returning or not. character died? surprise, the character didn't die after all. character's story wrapped up? character has a new reason to fight. character wouldn't even be born yet/would be too old? lol who cares
#4384  October 04, 2015, 08:09:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
guile will be the next character, and to fuck with people even more,his history will parallel garo's hotaru's.
#4385  October 05, 2015, 12:20:26 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Also Sakura has been in several games without Karin. They aren't like Ralf & Clark where they pretty much come in a set.

Well, my biggest beef with Karin being in the game without Sakura is that while Sakura's is fine without Karin, Karin's character is really only defined by her rivalry with Sakura.

Not saying Sakura is going to be the last returning character. (I really think she won't, she isn't from SF2) but it feels weird seeing Karin without her.

She's really popular though so I wouldn't be surprised if Sakura was released as part of the first year or so of DLC.
Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:23:43 am by -Whiplash-
#4386  October 05, 2015, 12:21:23 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
or they could, you know, develop karin's character.
#4387  October 05, 2015, 12:30:33 am
Karin can do just fine on her own. And there's way more to her than being shotogirl's rival. Her gameplay brings something unique to the game for starters.
#4388  October 05, 2015, 08:51:51 am
  • Quick, change the channel!
    • www.angelfire.com/hero/justicia/index.html
Not to forget, Karin started training in martial arts around ten years before Sakura did. It's not like Sakura is her motivation to fight.
Dance time!

lui

#4389  October 05, 2015, 09:01:07 am
    • USA
don't even know why people are more upset about the "stereotypical" aspect of Laura even though THATS WHAT SF HAS BEEN DOING FOR A BUNCH OF OTHER CHARACTERS TOO (An indian yogi that breathes fire and a Russian bear wrestler that looks like he's on steroids anyone?)

I just wish the design itself had more "flare" and originality, they were on a good track with Rashid and Necalli, but hey, more boobs!

SNT

#4390  October 05, 2015, 10:24:24 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
It's not so much the character alone, as it is the combination of character and stage. The stages seem to be just as big a grab bag of all the regional cliches they could think of. Take England for instance; iconic bar design, punk rockers, beefeaters, god knows what else. Moving on to Russia, dancing bears, cossack dancers on top of giant babushka dolls, random balaclava'd people waving Kalashnikovs, and now Brazil with a massive sprawling favela overlooking a giant World Cup statue where Christ the Redeemer should be, with Mardi Gras dancers walking the streets like it's typical casual clothing there because why the hell not. All the design points of Laura on top of those of her stage make for some compelling evidence.

And despite all that, I wouldn't have it any other way. The new characters look great, the new stages look great, and they're all identifiably Street Fighter specifically because they're so kitsch.
#4391  October 05, 2015, 11:42:38 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:47:50 am by DKDC
#4392  October 05, 2015, 04:44:20 pm
    • Peru
Whatever, Babushka and Matryoshka are the same thing.
#4393  October 05, 2015, 04:47:05 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#4394  October 05, 2015, 04:55:07 pm
    • Peru
Welp. You may know better than me, but i¿ve seen people using both terms to refer to the toys.
#4395  October 05, 2015, 04:59:27 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
probably because they traditionally show old ladies,
#4396  October 05, 2015, 05:01:29 pm
I've never heard it called babushka, hence my response. Maybe a US/English thing.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4397  October 05, 2015, 05:04:08 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
probably because they traditionally show old ladies,

It's аlso not.
Mаtryoshki itself cаn show everything now. But trаditionаlly it shows... Girls of eаrly yeаrs of Russiа.

Mаinly becаuse on birthtime of Mаtryoshek itself.
#4398  October 07, 2015, 01:19:03 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

lui

#4399  October 07, 2015, 01:31:37 pm
    • USA
DAMN IT CAPCOM WHY DO YOU ACT COOL NOW? WHERE WERE YOU LIKE 3 YEARS AGO ;A;
#4400  October 07, 2015, 02:25:47 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
only 6 or only 6 of the new comers?
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.