YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 869884 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#901  January 24, 2013, 07:35:21 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#902  January 25, 2013, 01:11:47 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I liked the idea of an icon for compilations, but the thread idea is better (in Edits & Add-ons), as well an explanation in rules about this. Yeah, I like it ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#903  January 25, 2013, 03:22:58 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
damn please dont delete my compilation i spent alot of time on it, i think its  a good idea to make a section for them or be allowed to put them in the edits section if its content that was edited so it is atleast a balanced game instead of random stuff put together and someone taking credit for others work, and let it be know in the first sentence its a compilation too so people know, and dont say "yeah i did this myself" it sounds better if you say hey this mugen i put together is fun and i felt like sharing it with everybody, and please give credit where its due and mention the creators whos content u are useing because in the end THEY made your complation possible right?
#904  January 25, 2013, 04:16:18 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
but you're just posting something that anyone could do, that takes no work, and saying it's a full game. I don't see why compilations should be given space.
#905  January 25, 2013, 04:19:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
but you're just posting something that anyone could do, that takes no work, and saying it's a full game. I don't see why compilations should be given space.
It does take some work. And if we can easily provide a small space for people to show off their compilations, why not do it? There's no harm in doing it.
#906  January 25, 2013, 04:28:17 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
There's not much work in editing a select.def, packing it up, and uploading it.

Also, in most compilation threads, they just turn to crap because someone calls them out on it (I know, I used to do this), or the OP reacts with hostility to someone saying it's a compilation. This will be no different.
#907  January 25, 2013, 04:32:04 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yes, the person calling someone else out about releasing a compilation on the compilations thread will be the one reprimended.
#908  January 25, 2013, 04:36:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

im with u on that one thats why i put some work into mine but in the end im not  saying its my fullgame or anything because i dont want to take anybodys credit and look like a douchebag to the community, i appreciate everybodys work hear and wouldnt take nobodys work as my own

Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:45:30 am by MEMo_fng
#909  January 25, 2013, 04:55:09 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Personally I think doing this for compilations isn't promoting creation but rather lazyness.

Just my two cents.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#910  January 25, 2013, 05:08:16 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
i bet thats how everybody here got started nobody just jumped into character creation without first making a compilation, now if you gonna make one try to learn some coding also, if all your chars dont super jump figure out how to add it to the rest, figure out how to add something to it to make it feel like it belongs together it will motivate you more to learn something besides trowing shit together and saying yeah this is mine i spent a whole day downloading and editing a select.def
#911  January 25, 2013, 05:34:18 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I don't think yours is that bad as you edited the characters to have a similar system.
#912  January 25, 2013, 05:45:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
thanks for the compliment i tried hard, ive been working on it since last april , what took me the longest was figuring  out how to tweak the a.i., i recomend everybody to dive into the character files and figure out how stuff works trust me in the long run it will be worth it especially when you start seeing results and that shin god ryu that was destroying that ass is now balanced
#913  January 25, 2013, 05:47:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you edit the characters to have sort of the same system then it can be labeled a full game in the edits and add ons board.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/street-fighter-zero-v2-demo-6-146799.0.html
This thread is a good example of that. The person is constantly tweaking all the characters to play more alike system wise.

I guess go ahead and go with 2 compilation stickies. One for old MUGEN and one for 1.0 and higher. Might as well go the whole nine yards for this.
#914  January 25, 2013, 06:03:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
oh thats EM20XX sfa game hes doing good job on that.
#915  January 25, 2013, 10:32:10 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I am in favour of putting it in Idea Engineering. Then, people should just put what kind of MUGEN they're using. Two threads with the same thing is just too much.

Also, wouldn't it be better to separate this and put it into a separate thread? I mean, it's already become a big discussion about it.
#916  January 27, 2013, 09:04:06 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
yes, the person calling someone else out about releasing a compilation on the compilations thread will be the one reprimended.

This is the reason why I brought this up.  Because in just about every compilation thread, it devolves into shit due to whining about it not being a full game and compilation being looked at as a negative word.  If they received their own label/thread/icon/whatever, then no one would be able to whine about a compilation being posted in the compilation section or whatever is decided.  And if a user does not want to see a compilation, well then they can just avoid the one.  No more opening up "full game" releases to then be disappointed when they aren't.

As for the details, I can see there is still a debate going on about where to put them.  Interested to see where this all ends up.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#917  January 28, 2013, 05:12:03 pm
    • Chile
Cyanide said:
What's our stance here?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/kira-choiyer-original-nhk-released-147813.0.html

It's kinda distasteful, definitely needs an NSFW tag so people know what they're getting into right off. It's not truly CP because it's basically a cartoon character, you can make a claim that it's over 18 regardless of what it looks like.
Can I suggest a special icon about it?? like NSFW/+18 Character icon or something for this kind of "releases" (well, this is more an edit BTW). I mean, if this kind of releases would be allowed in this forum. And not just about hentai-edited chars, some doujin games chars should be added, too (Vanguard Princess, Queen's Blade, Strip Fighter series and so)

What do you think, people??

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:09:21 pm by Basara A-17
#918  January 28, 2013, 05:15:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
too much work for less than one character per month.
#919  January 28, 2013, 05:24:57 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
indeed how many of this characters are released per month year? or most importanlty are announced here?

even if this kind of characters are released weekly the people who post found released would ignore them and would only post them ignoring said character has mature content

plus in most cases the nude content is only available when facing specific characters or can be turned on/off via config file
#920  January 28, 2013, 05:42:50 pm
    • Chile
Indeed, they're a lot of NSFW stuff (chars, stages, etc) released for MUGEN, but very few are announced here in the forum. I mean, here isn't allowed adult content, but that rule is implicit to these kind of releases, so that's mean NSFW stuff shouldn't be announced here?? And those ones already announced (also I remind about that Nude Joe) should be deleted or something??

Sorry, I got a lot of doubts in this aspect, since looks like a blank space for rules in this forum. Maybe just a "NSFW" in the title and that's enough, I don't know