YesNoOk

roddy piper has passed away (Read 4608 times)

Started by Titiln, August 01, 2015, 05:00:33 am
Share this topic:
roddy piper has passed away
#1  August 01, 2015, 05:00:33 am
this was brought up in the wrestling thread, but i think it deserves its own thread.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/31/roddy-piper-dead-dies-wwe-wrestler-cancer/

Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s, and even wrestled in "Wrestlemania I" back in 1985 ... squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.
Roddy's rep tells us, "I am devastated at this news. Rod was a good friend as well as a client and one of the most generous, sincere and authentic people I have ever known. This is a true loss to us all."
Piper had been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2006, but last November he said he was cancer free. A family source tells us he was "cancer free" at the time of his death.
A family member tells us, "Our family is saddened by the sudden passing of our father and beloved husband, Roderick Toombs aka Rowdy Roddy Piper."
Roddy was admitted into the WWE Hall of Fame back in 2005 and was one of the top 50 villains in the history of the WWE. 
Piper had a long relationship with WWE -- last wrestling back in 2008 ... but appeared on various WWE shows up until 2014. 
Roddy is survived by his wife Kitty and their 4 kids -- including 3 daughters and son Colton who's pursuing a career in professional wrestling.
he was also recognizable outside the ring, be it by they live

or by showing up in it's always sunny

this is very sudden, it was only a couple weeks ago he was doing his podcast. rip to the man

Bea

Re: roddy piper has passed away
#2  August 01, 2015, 05:05:04 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I drank to his memory tonight.
May he rest in peace and may he find bubblegum in Valhalla.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#3  August 01, 2015, 05:31:26 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
This fucking blows...rip :(
#4  August 01, 2015, 05:57:39 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I watched him a lot growing up, was a really cool dude. For some reason though the strongest memory I have of him is this promo:

You proved them wrong, Roddy.
#5  August 01, 2015, 08:17:33 am
always liked him he's one of the few wrestlers that i always liked to listen whenever his on a mic.
#6  August 01, 2015, 09:54:52 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
damn, he was one of my favourites growing up.

rip

Bea

#7  August 01, 2015, 12:05:13 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#8  August 01, 2015, 12:13:59 pm
rip to the Piper. :(
#9  August 01, 2015, 04:51:02 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
This sucks hard. RIP Rod.