YesNoOk

Random animations for practice. (Read 625169 times)

Started by Rabano, October 29, 2022, 12:22:34 am
Re: Random animations for practice.
#181  January 21, 2023, 08:48:59 pm
    • Argentina
As I said one time, after I finish with El Gado (that I'll start working on him again soon) I want to make a char of Abel, and if that happens I'll love to get help from KarmaCharmeleon, specially on Air normals, because the movelist videos never shows the recover animations of those attacks.
#182  February 07, 2023, 04:05:40 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
As I said one time, after I finish with El Gado (that I'll start working on him again soon) I want to make a char of Abel, and if that happens I'll love to get help from KarmaCharmeleon, specially on Air normals, because the movelist videos never shows the recover animations of those attacks.

I wonder what would be your take on a character like Natsume from Ninja Masters.
Because I think you have some very good conversion skills. I'm curious.
#183  February 07, 2023, 04:08:10 pm
    • Argentina

I wonder what would be your take on a character like Natsume from Ninja Masters.

Turning that character into the CVS Style??
#184  February 07, 2023, 04:18:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Yes, a test in one frame or simple animation.
Again, just a suggestion for a change.
#185  February 07, 2023, 04:30:47 pm
    • Argentina

Sounds like a good idea

Btw I forgot to share this sprite of Dave from Final Fight 3

I would be cool to see someone making a Beat Em' Up using alpha style sprites, not me, I tried Openbor before Mugen and It didn't work
#186  February 07, 2023, 10:21:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Sounds like a good idea

I would be cool to see someone making a Beat Em' Up using alpha style sprites, not me, I tried Openbor before Mugen and It didn't work

Nice sprite! A bit "bubbly" but looks like something you can see in a "modern-ish" beat em up!

Why Openbor didn't worked ?
I'm curious about it.

Sure a beat em up with such sprites would be incredible.
You can be sure some creators at Openbor community would be ready to make a game with your custom graphics!

The good thing with beat em ups is that you don't need that much sprites for a character, particularly and enemy... (as you know)

About Natsume, I had 2 different tests in the past. (But I didn't liked the result)
One by using Mai Shiranui base (not really Natsume)
One by scalling her base sprite and reworking over it.

But I never tried your tracing method. And I'm sure it would give good results.
#187  February 07, 2023, 10:55:47 pm
    • Argentina

Sounds like a good idea

Nice sprite! A bit "bubbly" but looks like something you can see in a "modern-ish" beat em up!

Why Openbor didn't worked ?
I'm curious about it.

Sure a beat em up with such sprites would be incredible.
You can be sure some creators at Openbor community would be ready to make a game with your custom graphics!

The good thing with beat em ups is that you don't need that much sprites for a character, particularly and enemy... (as you know)

About Natsume, I had 2 different tests in the past. (But I didn't liked the result)
One by using Mai Shiranui base (not really Natsume)
One by scalling her base sprite and reworking over it.

But I never tried your tracing method. And I'm sure it would give good results.

I had no idea why it didn't work. I tried two years ago and now I tried it last week, following Digital Brilliance Hour tutorials, but I do the steps as he shows and it always end up crashing at the loading screen. it wasn't something complicated, I just wanted to test it using The Snes FF Sprite of Cody.

more than one year after the first time I moved out with Mugen, which I thought it was going to be harder but turns out it really wasn't

oh well.

Speaking of  Natsume, I'll try it at a later time, it doesn't seems to hard, but right now Im going to try a big requested character.

#188  February 07, 2023, 11:54:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

I had no idea why it didn't work. I tried two years ago and now I tried it last week, following Digital Brilliance Hour tutorials, but I do the steps as he shows and it always end up crashing at the loading screen. it wasn't something complicated, I just wanted to test it using The Snes FF Sprite of Cody.

more than one year after the first time I moved out with Mugen, which I thought it was going to be harder but turns out it really wasn't

oh well.

Speaking of  Natsume, I'll try it at a later time, it doesn't seems to hard, but right now Im going to try a big requested character.

Openbor can be very "sensible/subtle to changes" resulting on crashes.
But by checking the log file you can usually find easily the exact reason of the crash.

Anyway, yes, me too, I feel better with Mugen, even if both engines have very good points and bad ones.

Glad you're taking on Abigail. I'm part of the onese who suggested him :D
The good thing is you can easily follow the lines of his musculature to make your lineart ans shadding because hi's so big and shredded that these lines are very visible.
#189  February 08, 2023, 12:31:27 am
    • Argentina

oh well.

Openbor can be very "sensible/subtle to changes" resulting on crashes.
But by checking the log file you can usually find easily the exact reason of the crash.

Anyway, yes, me too, I feel better with Mugen, even if both engines have very good points and bad ones.

Glad you're taking on Abigail. I'm part of the onese who suggested him :D
The good thing is you can easily follow the lines of his musculature to make your lineart ans shadding because hi's so big and shredded that these lines are very visible.

I know, I'll see if I can make the muscles look good in the shading, I just wondering how the little details in his clothes will turn out.

and Also, I'll see if I can try looking at the log file to see, because I had this idea of a game with Cody in his prison suit finding out about the Skull Cross gang, and how they kidnapped a ton of people, Kyle included. so, Cody being Cody, breaks the wall of his cell and start fighting with the gang just to save his brother.
#190  February 08, 2023, 01:22:39 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Perhaps you can have a look at Final Fight : Revival of Rage. (Openbor)
It could be a base for your project.

For the details about Abi, I'm not worried that much because you did well with your current project.
Also some elements of his tank top can be copy pasted if right placed and slightly edited. (and not all of them) ^^
#191  February 08, 2023, 01:39:14 am
    • Argentina
Perhaps you can have a look at Final Fight : Revival of Rage. (Openbor)
It could be a base for your project.

For the details about Abi, I'm not worried that much because you did well with your current project.
Also some elements of his tank top can be copy pasted if right placed and slightly edited. (and not all of them) ^^

Oh I didn't know about that game, the only Openbor I played was Super Final Fight Gold, which people said it was the best... and I kinda didn't like it that much.
#192  February 08, 2023, 06:14:23 am
    • Argentina
ABIGAIL PUNCH!!!!!!

#193  February 08, 2023, 06:46:18 am
  • A.K.A. NED
#194  February 08, 2023, 04:58:04 pm
    • Argentina
#195  February 09, 2023, 11:05:55 pm
Mr I and Violin Ken released Abigail from SFV, instead of screenshots you can get the frames from that character.
#196  February 09, 2023, 11:17:01 pm
    • Argentina
Mr I and Violin Ken released Abigail from SFV, instead of screenshots you can get the frames from that character.

That can help me a lot really, thanks for telling me that.

Also, I was looking at the stuff I had searching for a sprite and I found a unfinished spritesheet of Zeku.

I lost interest in making a character of him, so if someone want to do something with them feel free to do it.

#197  February 12, 2023, 05:12:20 am
  • Never enough cheese
    • USA
Pretty cool for a Guy edit, especially the hairdo. I might just use this in some of my programming practice. Thank you.
#198  February 27, 2023, 10:03:07 pm
    • Argentina
KarmaChameleon helped me by giving me the rips of Abel from SF 4 that I can use to make him a actual character in Mugen, and I want to do something different, insteed of using a already existing sprite as the base, like I did with El Gado, I tried to make my own to use.

how does it looks?

#199  March 20, 2023, 12:01:58 am
    • Argentina
I had a thought coming to my mind while looking at my folder of sprites and seeing this two:

now, both have actual CVS chars using their sprites from real bout and kof respectively, so I was wonder, it is whortless to make a spritesheet of them with those desings?
#200  March 20, 2023, 12:22:43 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
I had a thought coming to my mind while looking at my folder of sprites and seeing this two:

now, both have actual CVS chars using their sprites from real bout and kof respectively, so I was wonder, it is whortless to make a spritesheet of them with those desings?

Maybe for Billy. But Hon Fu doesn't have a CVS spritesheet yet. That would be cool.