YesNoOk

Putting P2 into a custom state for a Winpose (Read 535 times)

Started by Víctorys, December 28, 2013, 01:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Putting P2 into a custom state for a Winpose
#1  December 28, 2013, 01:45:05 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Well, I've been trying to replicate Juggernaut's Winpose where he stomps P2 from the ground after dying. However, since P2 is dead I can't use a TargetState or hit P2 directly for it.

I tried doing what Pots said here but it didn't turn out so well to me, so I would like to know if there are other methods to achieve this and how, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Putting P2 into a custom state for a Winpose
#2  December 28, 2013, 02:35:00 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I had to do something similar to my SFII World Warrior boss characters to activate the SFII Win Quote screen system .

What you need to do is if the player has a target, use targetstate and place them in statedef 5151, or something other when they are lying down ont eh floor. If they are hit by a projectile, and not the player before it happens, then you may need to create a helper, or some other method of shooting a CLSN1 box that the player activates when the opponent hits the floor, and put them into state 5151, or whatever it is.

Interesting, in MSH, Juggernaut does Stomp of them I believe, but in X-Men COTA, he grabs them up and laughs instead, IINM

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  December 28, 2013, 01:57:32 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
Well, thanks, it worked. The only problem is that Juggernaut doesn't do his Winpose until 900 ticks have passed after P2 dies (P2 was sent to state 5151)

Is there a way to fix that or am I doing something wrong?

#4  December 28, 2013, 08:22:49 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Maybe you need to either place them in custom state 5150, then 5151 next, or reverse it. Place him in 5151 first, then back to 5150. The win states apparently don't occur until an opponent is stuck in state 5150, I believe.
If you go from 5151 to 5150, don't selfstate this. Use changestate so that the enemy is still stuck in player's custom hit states.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#5  December 28, 2013, 10:12:06 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
It finally worked.

Thanks a lot Mario :)