YesNoOk

Active Tag system (Read 131810 times)

Started by PotS, December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Active Tag system
#61  January 27, 2024, 10:06:35 pm
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA
I just downloaded and messed around with IKEMEN Go for the first time today, and after seeing how much more it offers in comparison to Mugen, I might have to make the change. I also went and tested this new tag system out, and I don't think I could ever go back! ;D Thanks POTS!
#62  January 28, 2024, 04:39:46 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I'm glad you're having fun. I think it brings some new life into the way old characters can be played.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#63  February 14, 2024, 09:55:43 am
    • Argentina
I really love this Tag system, I do, but for some reason when using it my Ikemen's FPS gets locked at 30 fps ingame and on the chars select screen, I have no idea if this is Ikemen or the tag system doing that, any fix for this? Cause it's awkward seeing battles at 30 FPS when I'm used to 60.

EDIT: Nevermind, maybe Ikemen had issues with VSync, which I disabled it and fixed it

No bro, the drop of the fps is not the tag, it's the Ikemen Go 0.99 (or nigthly). The 0.98.2 work good
#64  February 14, 2024, 09:58:06 am
    • Argentina
Is there a way to hide the word tag 0% when it is in the intro? And that it is only visible during the fight, not during the intro.
#65  February 14, 2024, 05:55:47 pm
    • Portugal
You'll have to edit the RoundState trigger close to the Text state controllers in the code. Look for "Display Tag Gauge".

I think for the next update I'll make it hide automatically when the lifebars are hidden.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:56:30 pm by PotS
#66  February 14, 2024, 08:36:15 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I have to ask, but I feel like this might be more character based rather than the tag code but I figured I'd check, but is there a way from disabling tag during certain supers, for example, I have a bunch of OHMSBY styled characters, and it doesn't prevent interruptions during the instant kill style moves, but with something like Violin Ken's SFV characters during their more cinematic supers it prevents interaction so you can't see the other character during that moment, and they can't interfere with the super animations
#67  February 14, 2024, 09:59:30 pm
    • Portugal
Sounds character-related. Could be that Violin Ken's are properly flagged as super attacks (which disable counter tags) while Ohmsby's are not. Regardless Ohmsby style chars are bound to break somewhere during tag since they tend to shrug off simul mode.
#68  February 15, 2024, 10:05:45 am
  • https://www.twitch.tv/os_farram/
    • Morocco
    • mazgames.free.fr/
Playing with your active-tag is really very fun, thank for your good work man, God bless you!
#69  February 23, 2024, 02:10:47 am
    • Argentina
I have a question: It is possible to customize how much red life is taken for each hit? Like a percentage or something? Everytime I'm doing a combo or something, the red life seems much higher than the life that cannot be recovered, making the fights really long. I'd be good to make the characters recover something like 20-30% of damage taken at most.

Also, it is possible to have the Counter gauge tag to be filled faster than normally? Like 2x faster than currently is.
Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 03:17:32 am by Asasd
#70  February 23, 2024, 02:25:53 pm
    • Portugal
Playing with your active-tag is really very fun, thank for your good work man, God bless you!
My pleasure. :thumbsup:

I have a question: It is possible to customize how much red life is taken for each hit? Like a percentage or something?
It uses a common Ikemen setting. In the data folder, common.const file you'll find some values that can customize how red life works. Specifically this one:

Code:
Default.LifeToRedLifeMul = 0.75

The value of 0.75 means that 75% of permanent damage becomes red life damage, meaning the remaining 25% can be recovered.

Also, it is possible to have the Counter gauge tag to be filled faster than normally? Like 2x faster than currently is.
You'd have to edit the code. But now that you've given me the idea I may add a multiplier value to the config options.

#71  March 22, 2024, 10:31:10 pm
*Would it be possible to add options similar to Ikemen's to add bar sprites, as well as indicators to replace the percentages?
The objective would be like the DBZ Fighters sprite indicators and also the "OK" one that appears

*Also if it were possible that in the configuration you could add "cooldown" between normal changes

*such as the options for how frequently the "CounterTag" charge

Thanks for this great addition to Ikemen

#72  March 23, 2024, 11:12:10 am
    • Portugal
I updated the code today. Nothing major but if you use it regularly you may want to keep it updated.

*Would it be possible to add options similar to Ikemen's to add bar sprites, as well as indicators to replace the percentages?
The objective would be like the DBZ Fighters sprite indicators and also the "OK" one that appears
This would make installation more complicated than I want it to be, and the tag bar would not look good with every lifebar anyway.

*Also if it were possible that in the configuration you could add "cooldown" between normal changes
You can increase "TagSwitchCooldown" in the common.const file. The code doesn't need it but I made it compatible with that just in case.

*such as the options for how frequently the "CounterTag" charge
Implemented in today's update.

Thanks for this great addition to Ikemen
:thumbsup:

#73  March 24, 2024, 01:34:26 am

This would make installation more complicated than I want it to be, and the tag bar would not look good with every lifebar anyway.

ah sorry, maybe I didn't understand, I meant that it is possible to indicate to the script as an additional option (disabled if not configured) that it could be indicated configuration for bars targeting a file, and an n#sprite (similar to how Ikemen config their lifebars) and so the user can choose or/and customize the bars to taste, and another sprite for when it reaches 100% normal change..

This is also with the "counterTag" and it is up to you whether to put bars.
or just a sprite of "Ready" or "ok"

Right now writing this an idea occurred to me, how the countertag is not that frequent, (since it is charged with enemy damage)

when the activation is made, by the opponent, even a mini-pause and an increase in invulnerability so that it is effectively a countertag, even flash and sound, I imagine  ;D  ;D ... I don't know if you like this idea

As you say, the goal is always to be as practical as possible so any overly complicated addition would break this rule, so they are just ideas thrown into the air.

Greetings!  :)  :goi:

#74  March 24, 2024, 06:09:58 pm
    • Brazil
so i found a bug where if a character dies and only one is alive, they don't switch out, softlocking the match
me when
#75  March 24, 2024, 06:11:59 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
#76  March 24, 2024, 06:44:28 pm
    • Portugal
ah sorry, maybe I didn't understand, I meant that it is possible to indicate to the script as an additional option (disabled if not configured) that it could be indicated configuration for bars targeting a file, and an n#sprite (similar to how Ikemen config their lifebars) and so the user can choose or/and customize the bars to taste, and another sprite for when it reaches 100% normal change..

Right now writing this an idea occurred to me, how the countertag is not that frequent, (since it is charged with enemy damage)

when the activation is made, by the opponent, even a mini-pause and an increase in invulnerability so that it is effectively a countertag, even flash and sound, I imagine  ;D  ;D ... I don't know if you like this idea

As you say, the goal is always to be as practical as possible so any overly complicated addition would break this rule, so they are just ideas thrown into the air.

I may revisit the idea of adding pauses and making it flashier down the line. I wanted something "neutral" that'd work with the setup of any player.

so i found a bug where if a character dies and only one is alive, they don't switch out, softlocking the match
This sometimes happens to me also.
What's the version date in your readme file? And does it happen with any character or specific ones?

I noticed that behavior with Krang by Dcat. What was happening is that the char repeatedly sends itself to the KO state every frame and thus bypasses the tag code when KO. I have an idea on how to fix that one at least.
#77  March 24, 2024, 06:53:40 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com

I may revisit the idea of adding pauses and making it flashier down the line. I wanted something "neutral" that'd work with the setup of any player.

What's the version date in your readme file? And does it happen with any character or specific ones?

I noticed that behavior with Krang by Dcat. What was happening is that the char repeatedly sends itself to the KO state every frame and thus bypasses the tag code when KO. I have an idea on how to fix that one at least.

It was mainly OHMSBY style characters and I just downloaded the latest update of your tag code but didn't test it out yet.
#78  March 27, 2024, 03:41:27 am
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com

It was mainly OHMSBY style characters and I just downloaded the latest update of your tag code but didn't test it out yet.

Ditto
#79  April 02, 2024, 10:26:29 pm
    • Argentina

Just to put my little contribution here: It happens the same to me. Rounds can't end because the last character standing doesn't come to fight. This happens ONLY after the last updates, so I assume you changed something in the code, perhaps?

I can't tell you exactly which characters causes this because I was fighting in a 4v4 match with friends and even when we switched some, it was still happening. And it is not always, it happens randomly or casually. It may be due to the amount of times switching characters mid-fight? Not sure.
#80  April 03, 2024, 09:37:29 am
    • Portugal
This happens ONLY after the last updates
I believe you and it seems like a big issue, so for the time being I just rolled back the changes.

Please redownload. Sorry about that. I'll upload the latest code after I sort out that issue.

I can't tell you exactly which characters causes this
Do you have a roster of chars all in the same style or a random assortment of them?

Also are you guys using Ikemen 0.99 or latest "nightly" builds?

I'm still supporting 0.99 with this system but I may move to nightly since some things need to be adjusted in preparation for the Ikemen 1.0 release. The 0.99 version of the file will be archived and still available like the 0.98.2 version.
Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 01:12:24 pm by PotS