Warnings v2 (Read 2965688 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:40:57 pm
Re: Warnings v2
#1581  February 25, 2013, 01:48:19 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I banned that account yesterday.

1-AxKing: let's wait and see. If he acts disruptively after his ban expires we (perma?)ban him again.

2-Stormex: you know how I feel about double accounts. I think he shouldn't go unpunished even if he didn't something notoriously bad (albeit remarkably dumb).

3-Zeros: never noticed his existence until today. If he really is a consummate troublemaker then fine, keep him banned.
Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:54:18 am by Nagai's B^U
#1582  February 25, 2013, 02:12:37 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I was gonna suggest just a longer ban for Zeroz since he just got off of a ban for something similar, but apparently there's a lot more going on here with him. Either something really long term or perma.

Ax, small ban. Foxdieex, lock account, pm storm about it.
#1583  February 25, 2013, 02:21:57 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Stormex, why did you make a second account and acted as if it was a new person you just met?

The account consistently interacted with you, had your name on the emails and the same naming technique as you, it typed like you and did the same typos.  I cant understand why you would make a new account and then say its someone you know from skype .

It went as far as having the same account name as your brother that got banned a few years ago , the one that jumped you .

Why the ruse?
already pmed him , waiting for a reply.
#1584  February 25, 2013, 03:16:57 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
ax 3 day ban is almost over and pretty much no one contributed.
I did! And I was in the hospital! >:[

I don't think it's a big deal if Ax posts his dumb and warped bible thread shit and his crazy paranoid videos in the shit thread, but only there. Now, I say that not having actually seen said videos so I dunno... but I don't think either subject is one that should be off-limits, as long as it isn't being spammed.

I don't forsee Storm causing many problems, at least after that message.

I banned Zeroz for the standard preliminary 3 days. And his actual ban length should be for some non-insignificant amount of time, depending if he's done this sorta thing before. I'd be comfortable with 1 month if this is only the second time (the first being the syn one), but if this has happened in the past, I think he should be looking at 6.

Mog

#1585  February 25, 2013, 02:53:46 pm
No more than a month this time for Zeroz. 
#1586  February 25, 2013, 11:00:08 pm
    • USA
Anyone else want to chime in? :P
#1587  February 26, 2013, 02:29:11 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Is zeroz still going. I mean 3 days is the slap on the wrist. He didn't evade his ban although he did use reports to post bollocks (that's our fault)

Do we actually need to ban him further? No more than a month. I would recommend at max 2 weeks if he's continuing to break rules.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1588  February 26, 2013, 02:47:24 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If he came back from a ban and immediately started in on the same crap again, it's clear he's not taking it seriously and he's not going to shape up.  I say ban him for a month;  Let him know that this is actually serious.
#1589  February 26, 2013, 02:54:49 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
going for a month with zeroz.
#1590  February 26, 2013, 04:34:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I like a month with Zeroz as well. I also want to note that it's really low to use someone's real photo to make fun of them. Especially as an avatar/nick combo. I feel that is ban worthy on it's own. If he comes back and does it again I say a year after that.

I also want to add that on most of these perma bans I think banning for a year or 2 is good enough. Some users may actually mature over time. I mean I guess they can create a new account in a few years, stay good, and nothing would happen. But except in extremely rare cases I don't like perma bans being given out.
#1591  February 27, 2013, 12:35:31 am
    • USA
A month it is.

And not 28 days either, just cause it's February!
#1592  February 27, 2013, 04:24:47 am
    • USA
Can someone please ban axking again?  His first one expired and he immediately started his bible-thumping homophobic crap again.  I'd do it myself but I'm stuck on mobile Internet and my iPod is being a bitch about it.
#1593  February 27, 2013, 04:40:17 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I say we simply tell him to stop talking about that. A direct order from a mod. On the grounds that it is upsetting several users and just making a mess.

We don't care what board it is or what thread it is. No "but this" "but that". The topic is stirring up too much so it should just be dropped and we shouldn't have to even tell him to do so.
#1594  February 27, 2013, 04:50:55 am
    • USA
I think a ban at this time would be premature. A warning would be better, but... I dunno, I just can't seem to care. Nobody seems to be upset by his ranting, people are mostly laughing at him, and if he keeps it contained to that thread I don't think it's an issue.
#1595  February 27, 2013, 05:23:01 am
    • Thailand
That's the problem, people are laughing at him and bashing him and it just looks absolutely ridiculous because the topic he preaches is really ridiculous.

There is no way any person could literally type up a long ass post about STDs, and be so wrong about them. I mean, there is a way, but it involves early years of brainwashing and limited societal exposure, and I'm sure this previously Jew hating person hasn't been kept from society and knows what STDs are.

He needs to stop -- and he needs to stop real soon.

Mog

#1596  February 27, 2013, 11:44:14 am
I think a ban at this time would be premature. A warning would be better, but... I dunno, I just can't seem to care. Nobody seems to be upset by his ranting, people are mostly laughing at him, and if he keeps it contained to that thread I don't think it's an issue.

I agree.
#1597  February 27, 2013, 01:37:07 pm
    • Thailand
Yeah, it's not that serious now that I think about it being only in the shit thread. The moment it steps out of there is when we have a problem.

I think he should just go play Mugen. Talking about some saving people on a Mugen forum. Holy cow.
#1598  February 27, 2013, 01:44:08 pm
    • USA
I don't know.  Hate speech is still hate speech, regardless of where he's posting it.  "It's just the shit thread" didn't hold any water when it was HJK on the chopping block.  Besides,  I wouldn't want to set a precedent that it's okay to post stuff like that as long other users think you look stupid when you do it.  Plus there's the whole "come back from being banned and continue to do the thing you were banned for" problem.

But if y'all wanna play it safe here, then fine.
#1599  February 27, 2013, 01:52:05 pm
    • Thailand
Is he still spitting hate speech? I read the last page or so, and I didn't see anymore of demons are coming because men have sex with men stuff -- but then again, I skimmed it last night and only saw something about STDs.

If he's still saying being gay is wrong and he is talking about other stuff like how slavery is good and women are slaves because of Eve and all that nonsense, then there's a problem.

And also, The Shit Thread is definitely not an excuse. No one is exempt from being moderated because it's the shit thread. We made that clear with HJK. We're just saying that if he wants to post ridiculous Youtube videos about the end of the world and talk about the bible in his fashion, then there's really no harm done in the shit thread.

But hate speech is note acceptable -- that's terrible. No. If that's what he's doing -- he will stop, willingly or otherwise.
#1600  February 27, 2013, 02:12:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
both person man and rajaa are right.
i found it appaling that anyone would go "Oh he can promote hate speech as long as its in a shit thread".
The "shit" threads are not unmoderated. they are not spamming places either.