YesNoOk

MS Paint Adventures (Homestuck) (Read 214704 times)

Started by Jmorphman, January 27, 2011, 08:06:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MS Paint Adventures
#561  March 30, 2012, 10:06:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#562  March 31, 2012, 07:36:37 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
#563  March 31, 2012, 09:31:09 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Ah yes, the first (and nowhere near last) recap. And now I recognize Eyes5's Lil Cal.
#564  April 02, 2012, 05:01:10 am
    • USA
I guess that's the end of Homestuck.
#565  April 02, 2012, 08:01:20 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
THEORY: The Hussie that got offed was an alternate timeline Hussie that he relocated.
#566  April 02, 2012, 02:49:13 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
I guess that's the end of Homestuck.

Whatever happens, as I'm yet to reach current chapters, Hussie isn't above being so meta that he'd use April Fools expectations to keep people wondering about canon.

Ended act 4 last night - how come Jack Noir is supposed to be such a big threat if Strider Kamina Dave's Bro can fight him to a standstill or something? Wouldn't handling him then just be a matter of messing around with time to have a bunch of them simultaneously taking on the guy?

Also came across the time paradox baby clones of the guardians - kinda surprised that John's dad isn't one of them, replaced by the Nanna - I wonder  if he still manages to play a relevant role later on. That scene of him holding hand with Rose's mom was interesting. Also, I get the feeling only Rose sees any passive-aggressive antogonism between the 2 of them, taken at face value and given everything else shown so far, that mom's been remarkably loving and protecting, even  despite the constant booze - and some foreknowledge implied by the guardian paradox clone thing just seems to add to that...
#567  April 02, 2012, 09:16:41 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I forget if it got explained at this point in time, but every time Dave manipulates time, he breaks off alternate timelines, and each of those extra Daves will eventually get offed somehow, so it's highly possible that either Jack could kill all the Daves off all at once, or others intervene (ie: Diamonds Droog).

As far as your specific Jack Noir question goes, well, just keep reading, you'll see.
#568  April 02, 2012, 11:40:58 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
I forget if it got explained at this point in time, but every time Dave manipulates time, he breaks off alternate timelines, and each of those extra Daves will eventually get offed somehow, so it's highly possible that either Jack could kill all the Daves off all at once, or others intervene (ie: Diamonds Droog).

I don't think that was covered in such detail but doens't surprise me.

what does surprise me is how soon another recap came up, but then again, the latest animation was quite eventful: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003888

As far as your specific Jack Noir question goes, well, just keep reading, you'll see.

Bro + that particularly armed bunny then?...
#569  April 03, 2012, 12:40:19 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
The bunny can't because it was built to protect John, and now that it's found him, it's not likely to go gallavanting around the planets on its own.

Still, keep reading, all will be explained in due time.

Spoiler: MIGHT RUIN IT FOR LOONA??? (click to see content)
#570  April 03, 2012, 12:44:10 am
    • USA
^ Which one was that?
#571  April 03, 2012, 02:51:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Peaches: Enter
B33N C4UGHT ST34L1NG ONC3 WH3N 1 W4S F1V3
#572  April 03, 2012, 08:10:39 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:55:04 am by Chekhov's NERF Gun
#573  April 03, 2012, 01:27:28 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Spoiler: MIGHT RUIN IT FOR LOONA??? (click to see content)

Weirdness is expected and Hussie messes with expectation a lot, but I haven't been aware of any recent wave of detractors...
No flash animations since my last reading session, but I'd say the pacing has improved a lot now that the trolls are being introduced, even if the story no longer has to bother introducing all the game mechanics, it's doing a great job of handling a larger number of characters, even if it's yet to go through all of them.

The handling of Equius was particularly good - first it's all "oh man, this guy's an ass, let's not deal with him", then it makes him all chaste-focused, yet kinda mellowed out by Nepeta, and that factor of his borders on some twisted self-hate which kinda bubbles when dealing with Gamzee and (for the time being for me) peaks with his meeting with Aradia (holy shit that scene...).
Terezi still seems like an ass, but a more ethical ass,which kinda seems easier with Vriska around.

I'm getting kinda interested to see how the grimAuxiliatrix one is getting introduced - her chatting/trolling has seemed almost autistic, considering how she seems to dissect every interaction verbally, and for some reason almost all of her recent illustrations have her wielding a chainsaw for no apparent reason - I guess that'll be her weapon type ("chainsawkind"?), but those seems seem kinda random.
#574  April 03, 2012, 01:41:54 pm
    • USA
#575  April 03, 2012, 05:31:15 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
You just HAD to ruin my "now it's gotcha in the ass" parade, didn't you.

I will say though, I noticed the newer albums are falling under more scrutiny than before, and apparently regardless of the team's involvement, they're building a rep for that.

ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU
#576  April 13, 2012, 05:33:56 am
So, 4/13 tomorrow guys. Shit's about to go down.
#577  April 13, 2012, 08:30:28 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
HUSSIE I KNOW YOU DIDN'T SPEND THE LAST 10 DAYS JERKING OFF, WHAT'S WITH THIS UPDATE?!
#578  April 13, 2012, 10:27:48 pm
    • USA
Hey, you try maintaining a webcomic after being shot to death.

On another note, the other half of the submission album is out now, and I'm really liking Jane's theme.
Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:36:51 am by Person Man
#579  April 14, 2012, 07:56:37 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
The flash he put out was actually kinda fun, although I coulda used less backtracking for the puzzle solving
WOAWW BWEE!
#580  April 15, 2012, 01:10:59 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA