YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1566297 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#841  September 04, 2016, 11:00:36 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Everytime I see Black Goku with that energy knife reminds me of PSYLOCKE! LMAO
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#842  September 04, 2016, 11:02:20 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Also...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#843  September 04, 2016, 11:02:41 pm
    • Germany
#844  September 05, 2016, 03:05:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The main draw of Super is the huge widening of the world. We got a definite difference between regular ki and god ki, people able to reach it, a god of destruction tied to the kaiohshins, multiple universes, a king of all universes, multiple timelines that suddenly become very relevant (thereby making Future Trunks, an old fan favorite, relevant) - that's several levels of world building stacked up all at once. edit - oh, and even more importantly, they all actually matter. They're the core of the story, they're not an excuse for Cell to set up a tournament, the tournament is the setup to the things that matter.
The one bad thing here is that there's so much new stuff that we're told we'll see soon, and it takes so long to get there. Hell, the multiple universe thing got interrupted by the king of all universes, the king got interrupted by an alternate timeline, the alternate timeline got interrupted by the god of another universe, and we have no idea where we're at right now. With so much material and leads, we can be pretty sure that this will go on for a long time - even only to resolve everything that has been hinted at so far, and even everything else that will have come out of that. It's like having hints at Saiyans, Cell, Kaiohshin, and the fusion, all the way back during Roshi training little Goku and Krillin.

... And supposedly, power level ladder is supposed to take a step back, in favor of different natures of powers (god ki, time stop...), but that's not working all that great so far.

This.

The show always had a ton of subtext towards mythology that was never fully explained or explored.

Toryama has never been a great story teller, he's a gag manga artist and most of his resolutions and advances show a lot of that.
This brings good things and bad things, the good is that where he goes is always something somewhat unexpected. Who wouldve guessed that a multiverse tournament with the gods was in store during the Boo saga?
The bad is that he doesnt obey narrative rules. So he will have Piccolo give a bunch of clues that he's not to be underestimated and create a buildup where something for sure would happen wiht other writers, and then do nothing with it. Shit I was expecting Piccolo to defeat Frost and then be defeated massively by Hit.

The buildup and story cues he gives off are not really being used, at this point
#845  September 05, 2016, 07:33:19 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
#846  September 05, 2016, 08:19:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

can't argue against the tear gas, regarding the other thign they only want to kill humanity, not animals etc... much less destroy the world. they'd still need a voe that can target all humans, tho I think buu's targeted al living beings.
#847  September 06, 2016, 12:49:54 am
    • USA
#848  September 11, 2016, 08:04:07 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
This episode was just explanation but I guess I figured how this time travel thing works                                     

I'm pretty sure current Zamasu wished for immortality kills Gowasu.Beerus destroys him.He regenerates and then goes to future wishes Black and sends him to alternate future giving a reason to Trunks to go back to past in first place and they repair time machine,Goku,Vegeta,Trunks goes to future again.Zamasu appears(Current) and they got their ass kicked by Black and Future Zamasu just goes to past.Acting like he doesn't know anything.That's the best explanation I could came up to this mess

#849  September 11, 2016, 08:20:28 pm
    • USA
#850  September 11, 2016, 08:53:51 pm
    • USA
This episode was just explanation but I guess I figured how this time travel thing works                                     

I'm pretty sure current Zamasu wished for immortality kills Gowasu.Beerus destroys him.He regenerates and then goes to future wishes Black and sends him to alternate future giving a reason to Trunks to go back to past in first place and they repair time machine,Goku,Vegeta,Trunks goes to future again.Zamasu appears(Current) and they got their ass kicked by Black and Future Zamasu just goes to past.Acting like he doesn't know anything.That's the best explanation I could came up to this mess

Except the trigger for all of these events is Goku paying Zamasu a visit BECAUSE of Black Goku. Which means there's no starting point for the loop.
#851  September 11, 2016, 08:55:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I have yet to start watching but could a potential solution to the loop be a third urevealed timeline?
#852  September 11, 2016, 11:18:17 pm
It doesn't seem so, because they made it even more complicated by having Zamasu create a Goku clone. Wherever the very first Black came from, it had to be from a place where Zamasu met Goku AND lost to him. So if there's another timeline, it would be one where Goku came across Zamasu on his own - and wanted to fight Zamasu. Even if it's from, say, a timeline where the multiverse tournament went on and Zamasu witnessed Goku's fight, Zamasu would have had to fight Goku - and it's unlikely he participated in the tournament. There's no non-convoluted way for Zamasu to lose against Goku in such a timeline. It's possible that Zamasu would have gone just as crazy by witnessing the tournament, but future Zamasu seems to specificallybe mad at *losing* to Goku.
We still don't know why the hell he'd end up in Trunks' timeline, beside using the ring that was created from it, but there isn't even any reason for him to do that. Unless, as I said before, he searched for a timeline and universe with no Kaiohshin and no hakaishin, but that would make him an insanely lame loser. Too bad it's the most likely solution so far, seeing the importance the manga gave to that fact.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:23:40 pm by Byakko
#853  September 12, 2016, 01:59:07 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I gave up on the timeline shenanigans since they just got worse so instead I am thinking how zaamsu's immortality works since his mortality is supossedly linked to the god of destruction, like, can't goku adn friends just kill zamasu's universe god of destruction so zamasu dies, or the god of destruction has now become immortal as well .. and that's assuming zamasu becomes a kaishin after killing gowasu, which might as well not... whivh would amke the revelation of the life link pointless if it's not used for anything... but this is toriyama so that might as well happen... and now that I think bout it, did not buu kill kaioshin, effectively killing beerus before ?
#854  September 12, 2016, 02:21:40 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Buu never killed the east kaioushin he killed west and absorbed the others.
#855  September 12, 2016, 11:51:04 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I gave up on the timeline shenanigans since they just got worse so instead I am thinking how zaamsu's immortality works since his mortality is supossedly linked to the god of destruction, like, can't goku adn friends just kill zamasu's universe god of destruction so zamasu dies, or the god of destruction has now become immortal as well .. and that's assuming zamasu becomes a kaishin after killing gowasu, which might as well not... whivh would amke the revelation of the life link pointless if it's not used for anything... but this is toriyama so that might as well happen... and now that I think bout it, did not buu kill kaioshin, effectively killing beerus before ?

Hakaishins are related ot the ruling Kaioshins. Which are a group of four cardinals and one Dai.

Buu absorbed Dai(caped, fat) and south(I think? it was the big muscly one) forming the fat buu and muscle buu personalities.

The current Kaioshin was the youngest of that group and was promoted to Dai. Kibito seems to be a random kai promoted to assistant.

Kais are born from fruits and seem to just lazy around their origin planet until one gets promoted to godhood( which might not even happen).
Zamasu is a new Kaioshin in training with Gowasu being one of the official kaioshins of his planet ( possibly the dai of the planet)

Hakaishins seem to die once all the ruling kaioshins of their planet are wiped out.
Future Zamasu probably promoted himself to kaioshin ( he is wearing the earrings) and picked Black as his Destruction God.

The only thing we know is that Black IS NOT a wish to the dragonballs, because its the mistery of the arc and it wouldnt be gussed by a character 3 episodes before the big reveal episode called "who is Black"

More interestingly, Whis did not wake Beerus during the Buu mass destruction on the buu saga, when the Dai Kaioshin was in risk of dying. We know this was because he wasnt invented yet, but it makes it almost seem as if Whis doesnt care about his cat.

Edit: Also there are four green rings, each accesses a broken timeline, only 1 is for trunks, who are the other 3? Cell? GT?
#856  September 17, 2016, 11:10:08 am
It seems we are getting another break. I guess it's good for planning and development.
#857  September 17, 2016, 02:39:39 pm
    • Germany
Edit: Also there are four green rings, each accesses a broken timeline, only 1 is for trunks, who are the other 3? Cell? GT?

One should be for the current Future Trunks Timeline.

The second one should be for the Timeline where Cell never showed up in the Past, and Trunks successful defeated the Androids and returned back to his future where Cell ambushed him.

Third one for Cells alternate Future where Trunks is killed by him.

Not sure about the fourth Ring, it Could be the "Movie Timeline" or the GT Timeline or something else.
#858  September 17, 2016, 06:28:30 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Man, DBSuper is so deep and complex sometimes I forget it is a cartoon and not real life.
#859  September 17, 2016, 07:27:14 pm
    • USA
And what happens if you create a new timeline inside an already alternate timeline?  :pwn: Heck, I'm starting to wonder which timeline IS the original now.
#860  September 17, 2016, 07:47:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The second one should be for the Timeline where Cell never showed up in the Past, and Trunks successful defeated the Androids and returned back to his future where Cell ambushed him.

Third one for Cells alternate Future where Trunks is killed by him.

whut, i those are the same.

Main Timeline where the show happens, trunks from timeline B and cell from timeline B face here, trunks kills embryo cell from this timeline.

Timeline A Theres the timeline where trunks comes back, goes back home and cell murders him

Timeline B theres the timline where trunks comes back, faces the cell from timeline A, goes home and kills the cell of his timeline.

Timeline C: GT, somehow goku gets turned into a kid and everyone is useless, girls cant be super sayan

Timeline D: Movies?

Timeline E: Shit I dunno, games?

The rings are used to travel without creating alternate timelines, but the games had a team of time distortion criminals traveling around.