YesNoOk

Why do creators cancel their W.I.P's if their character gets leaked? (Read 45322 times)

Started by hotreezy, November 28, 2007, 08:52:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Why do creators cancel there W.I.P's if they character gets leaked?
#101  December 01, 2007, 07:42:39 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
A third time it is.
Quote it a fourth time, because I'm still not saying people SHOULD not plan ahead.
Also, READ WHAT YOU'RE QUOTING. Because, you know, I'm not saying it's what people should do in those lines you quote.
Aside from you needing to resort to insults, it doesn't really work as "NICE FONT, we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years" is said sarcastically.
What makes you think I'm not aware of that ?

Respectively, then you probably minced your words/what makes you think *I* wasn't being sarcastic myself?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#102  December 01, 2007, 07:46:26 pm
And I care about it ?
Also, previous post updated for dimlit people.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#103  December 01, 2007, 07:51:01 pm
And I thought I tended to mince my words. Thank your for clarifying your point.

Also,

And I care about it?

As much as I care about people saying "NICE FONT, we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years".
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#104  December 01, 2007, 07:52:29 pm
  • Am I evil?
OMFG! Baiken has taken again the spotlight, what a shocker with a fight between him vs the world ::).

Might as well join in...
BEEP too late. People don't make "strategies" for those things. They're just trying to have fun making stuff they like, ask for help from some people and-- leaked.
Wtf? People make strategies for EVERYTHING. Be it making a mugen character, strategies on how to study for that exam, strategies for getting you way with a girl, everything.
The diference is the level of effectiveness on the strategies.

I'm sure Bacon will respond something like: "OMFG (insert random "fluent, not-to-the-point gibberish) read previous posts, damn!"

Sig made by TempesT :)
#105  December 01, 2007, 07:54:34 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Ah yes, LotF the answer to a question no one made.
#106  December 01, 2007, 07:55:23 pm
  • Am I evil?
And the question is?

Edit: That's no answer to a question, Shiki. That's an argumentation.

#107  December 01, 2007, 08:05:09 pm
That's an argumentation.
It's not. It's off-topic.
OMFG! Baiken has taken again the spotlight, what a shocker with a fight between him vs the world
If people like you cared to get yourself even half a brain, that wouldn't happen. Ergo, blame yourself.
Wtf? People make strategies for EVERYTHING. Be it making a mugen character, strategies on how to study for that exam, strategies for getting you way with a girl, everything.
The diference is the level of effectiveness on the strategies.
Let's say someone asks you a book for a minute. "Sure, here". If you took the time to say "you'll give it back right after you're done with it", that's a strategy, alright. And now, do you do that absolutely everytime someone asks you to pass him the salt ? Yeah, I didn't think so.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:08:17 pm by Baiken
#108  December 01, 2007, 08:07:06 pm
  • Weed......must have more weed.
    • dizzychaos.deviantart.com/
Stop insulting, Baiken.
You already made a point about people not planning ahead.
You just learn from that mistake and move on.
So that way, you can plan ahead.

Also, I read your post carefully, Baiken.
You said that you wish people stop saying "You should plan ahead man."
Well as annoying as it may be. That wish cannot be granted.
People want to give friendly advice. It up to the person whether they should take that advice or not.
Even though that person already learn from his/her mistake.
Weeeeeeeeed!!! GIMME MAH GODDAMN WEED!!!
#109  December 01, 2007, 08:12:05 pm
  • Am I evil?
It's not. It's off-topic.
Then you where off-topic too ???.
Since my "off-topic speaking" was a response to your presumed on-topic talk. Don't screw up, please.

Now, really on-topic:
From my point of view, Cancelling wips just for a leak, and excuse me if anyone gets offended, is really stupid. Basically, I agree with what Jango said about that, and since it's something non-profitable...bleh. Only thing lost is time.

Let's say someone asks you a book for a minute. "Sure, here". If you took the time to say "you'll give it back right after you're done with it", that's a strategy, alright. And now, do you do that absolutely everytime someone asks you to pass him the salt ? Yeah, I didn't think so.
The salt example is stupid and you know it. Don't come talking with shitty examples of that kind.

If people like you cared to get yourself even half a brain, that wouldn't happen. Ergo, blame yourself.
Haha, really? How come, oh wise one?

#110  December 01, 2007, 08:15:34 pm
You said that you wish people stop saying "You should plan ahead man."
Well as annoying as it may be. That wish cannot be granted.
People want to give friendly advice. It up to the person whether they should take that advice or not.
I know that. Whatbothers me is that everyone goes "oh shucks, you should just do so and so" when they're not remotely involved, when they don't know how people actually do things. Of course people want to help, but how is it helpful to say "oh come on, if you have no car, just get yourself a job" when the whole point is that the guy can't get a job ? Even if it's true that "just getting a job" can be enough to buy a car, the solution offered is just too far from reality to be useful, helpful or even friendly. It's, being oblivious.
Whether people want to help or not when they say that, it's irresponsible to say something like that when you're so detached from the problem.

Since my "off-topic speaking" was a response to your presumed on-topic talk. Don't screw up, please.
I think you need to read again the flow of how things went.
The salt example is stupid and you know it. Don't come talking with shitty examples of that kind.
Shitty example ? Saying "just do this and that" is what's shitty. My whole point is that people do those things just like they pass the salt around : they don't all/always put much thought into it. You going all "it's easy, here's the solution, win the lottery !" can only mean you're just that oblivious to the question.
#111  December 01, 2007, 08:17:33 pm
  • Am I evil?
And I think you should stop bitching around and face that, even you, sometimes fuck up.

Off to eat something now...

#112  December 01, 2007, 08:20:03 pm
I still can't see where I fucked up when you're the one who are too detached from reality to say anything to the point.
It's obvious I too fuck up, I've never said I was flawless. Just that I'm fairly sure I don't fuck up as much or as badly as you. Neither here, nor in most of the arguments we've been.

I mean, people come and say "Baiken, you're wrong". Then when I answer, you blame me for taking the spotlight. Tell me, who is it that brought the spotlight on me ?
#113  December 01, 2007, 08:20:32 pm
    • www.myspace.com/narakuscastle
#114  December 01, 2007, 08:52:17 pm
Shitty example ? Saying "just do this and that" is what's shitty. My whole point is that people do those things just like they pass the salt around : they don't all/always put much thought into it. You going all "it's easy, here's the solution, win the lottery !" can only mean you're just that oblivious to the question.

You're making it as a blanket example. We're talking about Mugen characters people made. And, I don't know about you, but I'm assuming you don't make your own salt, nor are there many situations where someone could just run off with the salt.

It's fairly case by case, but still, comparing someones work to something common and can be bought isn't really the best fuel for metaphors.

Cenobite 53 said:
#115  December 01, 2007, 09:07:11 pm
You're making it as a blanket example. We're talking about Mugen characters people made. And, I don't know about you, but I'm assuming you don't make your own salt, nor are there many situations where someone could just run off with the salt.
And I assume you don't make characters yourself. My point is that some people, the ones who get their creations leaked, precisely get their creations leaked because they did it like that and did not "plan things out" beforehand. Because Mugen is a hobby, because they do it to enjoy themselves, because they didn't think it could turn bad, because they don't expect people be so greedy that they wouldn't wait a little more to get a more complete and/or bugless version.
To those people who do it only to enjoy themselves because it's fun, it is worth a blanket example. It really is like passing your homework to a friend who wants to check his own, it really is as simple a gesture as passing the salt around.
#116  December 01, 2007, 09:08:46 pm
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
...to let everyone know they are the Law?
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
#117  December 01, 2007, 09:11:54 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Reezy does this all the time..-_-
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#118  December 01, 2007, 09:15:10 pm
#119  December 01, 2007, 09:16:16 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
You always create "flame bait" topics.. :-\
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx

OZ

#120  December 01, 2007, 09:17:14 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ

I personally liked my painting example  --;

Imagine you are a painter.
When you are about half way finished with a painting, you ask someone to come look at it.
That person then grabs the painting off the canvas, runs out of the studio, and the sells your unfinished painting as a finished product.
:no:
ಠ_ಠ