YesNoOk

Stable Diffusion + Old School Fighting Game Backgrounds (Read 18427 times)

Started by davismaximus, September 29, 2022, 04:34:48 am
Share this topic:
Stable Diffusion + Old School Fighting Game Backgrounds
#1  September 29, 2022, 04:34:48 am
What happens when you mix AI image generation with old school fighting game backgrounds?  I don't know but some of the results are pretty cool.  Can you figure out the sources?  I can also take requests if anyone has a stage they wanna see artificially intelligenced.

Re: Stable Diffusion + Old School Fighting Game Backgrounds
#2  September 29, 2022, 05:53:47 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
All of those have slight imperfections (e.g. the Mutant Elephants, Ryu's signs, and Sodom's floating cactus), but the winners might be Dan and Yun/Yang's stages.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  September 29, 2022, 06:00:09 pm
    • Argentina
Im not a fan of AI generated stuff, but I need to admit that Yung and Yang stage looks amazing, it looks like a Tekken stage
#4  September 29, 2022, 08:31:52 pm
since you taking requests
can you do

kof99 that one stage that rains heavily(dont know the name)
kof95 athena stage
kof98 japan stage
#5  September 30, 2022, 12:07:05 am
Indeed there are imperfections - partially due to the input image (most of which were low quality .jpg screenshots I found floating around), partially due to the generation method.  For this specific method, you feed it an image and give the program a text prompt.  You can then adjust to either adhere closer to the input image or the text prompt, and the further you get away from the input the more inconsistencies you'll get.  You'd definitely need to do some cleanup afterward.

While you can definitely upscale your images with this, I think the cooler thing is being able to completely change the style of a BG.  For instance, I fed it this pic of a stage:

Then I gave it a generic text prompt explaining the scene, something like "Rocky alien planet littered with giant bones".  Each generation, I adjusted it to move away from the input image, and closer to the text prompt.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next, I added some more specific prompts to get a completely different art style for the following generations:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ideally you could take the individual layers of the stage, run them through SD, clean them up, and slap them all back together.  Unfortunately it doesn't handle transparencies well, and will always generate a black or pink background color, which is why in the examples I've only used a full shot of the stages.

can you do

Sure thing, any particular style you want these in?
#6  September 30, 2022, 12:23:10 am
don't know the choices but i guess HD or realistic
#7  September 30, 2022, 12:40:52 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Well, how about a 3D Rendered "Fetus of God" from Vampire Savior?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8  September 30, 2022, 04:20:54 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
The loss of quality and detail on the leftmost skull speaks for itself. These AI generated things are cool and pretty to look at but they just end up looking way too simplified.