Active Tag system (Read 102553 times)

Started by PotS, December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Active Tag system
#21  January 07, 2023, 09:29:50 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Thanks. :)

When playing with any of GM's SF3 characters, they don't deal any damage when they land hits in Tag Mode. I think this is definitely an issue with the characters themselves and not the patch, but do you have any idea of why this would happen?
I only have his Akuma right now but he's working fine. Maybe the chars were modified? Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Nevermind. It doesn't happen in tag vs single but does happen in tag vs tag. I'll look into it.

Edit 2: OK I figured it out. The same thing happens in the normal tag system. GM's characters use different damage scaling depending on which team mode the enemy is in, and they were obviously not expecting them to be in tag. You can fix it by searching this text in their code:

Code:
enemy,teammode = simul

And replacing it with:
Code:
(enemy,teammode = simul || enemy,teammode = tag)
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:44:35 am by PotS
#22  January 07, 2023, 04:10:31 pm
That worked like a charm, thank you so much!!
#23  January 10, 2023, 04:39:43 pm
Yo :)...I saw in your readme that some characters will break Tag, and in those cases, people would have to fix them manually on an individual basis. Because of that, I wasn't sure if you're wanting reports for characters that break the system. If you're interested, these characters freeze when tagging out or in:

G.D.T's -Street Fighter Alpha Gouki
Luvly Angel's- Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gen
All of Umihei's Street Fighter 3 Characters
#24  January 14, 2023, 01:31:47 pm
    • Portugal
I think the common trend between those is that they lack a running/dashing animation, which is actually one of Mugen's required animations. Try redownloading the tag code because I added a failsafe so that they may still work.

To get them to look right you'll have to add dashing animations though. Even cloning the walking animations will do.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#25  January 15, 2023, 08:26:34 pm
I played with it all morning with no issues : )... it's perfect.
#26  February 15, 2023, 05:43:52 am
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
I honestly don't mean to bump. But I had a question about this in the readme.

"The rounds always start with Player 1 fighting Player 2, instead of with the previously active players"

Does this mean like in MvC1 and MvC2 where the only fighters are currently present onscreen is the Leader of P1 and P2's team during their intro pose?
#27  February 15, 2023, 10:04:15 am
    • Portugal
It's OK. The default behavior of Ikemen's tag is that each round starts as the previous one ended. Say if the round ended with P3 defeating P8, the next round starts with P3 vs P8. In this code it always resets to P1 vs P2. In case you set Tag mode to more than one round, anyway.
#28  February 15, 2023, 04:57:00 pm
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up for me!  I wasn't sure and confused what that feature meant.
#29  March 01, 2023, 02:42:18 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
Is it possible when changing characters to make two characters leave at once for 10 seconds and then leave? (in mode tag 3 v 3 o 4 v 4)(Would you continue with your character all the time.
Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:36:28 pm by oscar123
#30  March 05, 2023, 05:12:31 pm
    • Portugal
Most things are possible with Ikemen, but that's a big detour from this code. The system would have to be made with that in mind.
#31  March 16, 2023, 09:39:17 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Is anyone having this problem with characters if so how do you go about fixing it?
#32  March 17, 2023, 04:46:58 pm
    • Portugal
It looks like you're missing the common commands file. Which version of Ikemen are you using?
#33  March 21, 2023, 01:24:59 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I was able to get it working I found I can't use the Add004 common or command with this.
#34  May 02, 2023, 06:37:24 pm
This system is very good, is there a way to add assists?

Like Tap the button for an assist.

Forward and Tag to switch, etc?

What section should I look for in order to implement this?

How do I set or control what states they go when I press the tag button?

Thanks!!
#35  May 04, 2023, 10:44:19 pm
    • Portugal
There isn't. I made this system in a way that you can just throw it in Ikemen and start playing right away. If you want configuration options you should check OrochiKyoCR's tag system.
#36  May 17, 2023, 01:06:58 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
for some strange reason it does a spike freeze during gameplay on my chars. makes no sense
#37  May 21, 2023, 03:37:06 pm
    • Portugal
That's weird. Tagging is essentially variables and changestates so it shouldn't cause slowdown. Unless your chars spammed helpers or explods while tagging or something.
#38  June 10, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • un mago errante
    • Chile
    • Skype - cristopeles
I like it, I could use it in a neogeo coliceo batlle, thank you.
un mago errante estudiando idiomas para salir de la rutina
#39  June 11, 2023, 05:27:05 pm
I've notice when you tag in and out it shows a p1 and p2 over characters. How do I get that? also what lifebars do you use I would like to use them for my ikemen.
#40  June 15, 2023, 07:33:30 pm
    • Portugal
You need to be using Ikemen-compatible system effects or the latest version of Ikemen to have those indicators. The lifebars are custom. They're just a simple, rough edit of the default lifebars so I never released them.

I like it, I could use it in a neogeo coliceo batlle, thank you.
:thumbsup: