• Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Yeah, some long legs would look great.
Re: Hatter's Art Vault.
#522  August 01, 2016, 09:05:15 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
The new head you made doesn't look as good as the older ones, tbh. You could copy the head from this preview from before as it was much better:

Of course, implement the critiques I mentioned earlier to it with the shading. Also, the legs need to be longer and slightly smoother. Right now they are too short and bulky. The skirt needs fixing up too, it looks flat and it is angled a bit wrong to the pose.
#523  August 01, 2016, 10:46:30 am

Her legs definitely need to be more lean. SF3 doesn't have any really good references, I'd say see SFV Karin to get a good idea of how Eltnum should look.

Head should also be smaller, and upper body might need to be made a bit shorter too.
#524  August 01, 2016, 04:00:08 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

A or B?
This is a generic forum signature.
#525  August 01, 2016, 04:21:41 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
B. Her face actually looks more natural.

Shit
#526  August 01, 2016, 05:22:33 pm
B definitely has the better face.

Quick edit I did so the lines look kinda rushed, but this is what I meant about the proportions. Give her a more comically feminine build.
#527  August 01, 2016, 05:50:11 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks for the input, but I'm forsaking those proportions. I'm sticking with the legs/skirt I traced off (albeit with more refining coming up) of the UNiB sprite.

Any more opinions on who has the better face?
Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:58:25 pm by Hatter
#528  August 02, 2016, 01:53:08 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
She is a bit taller now, but here is my try anyway. I used Chu li's face as reference.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#529  August 02, 2016, 07:50:39 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks, but I'll pass.

Since I got two yays for B's face, I'll go ahead & post this:

I know it's not the face you wanted, Ghost, but I really can't see how A was any better.

I'm working atm on the animated version. You should get it soon.
Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:56:44 pm by Hatter
#530  August 05, 2016, 03:52:49 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
I've tried looking at it multiple times at different zooms, but I just can't shake the idea that she looks cock-eyed. Like she's looking in opposite directions at the same time.
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#531  August 05, 2016, 04:21:02 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
To me, i just think the mouth looks weird. It's the pixel meant for the nose, being so close to the mouth, it just looks like a slanted line (ala :/)

Regarding the eye, i'd kill/move a few pixels. You can kinda see how Capcom cheated with Ryu's fac ein your ref sprite though i guess its not exactly the same angle. You could look at older capcom sprites like Sakuras. I remember them doing some funky stuff to consolidate on the eyes and stuff.

or just leave it
#532  August 05, 2016, 04:29:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The only thing I did at this point was trace over Makoto's face, because she was the only char that had the appropriate angle (the angle that GK wanted). The only change I did was making it less wide than Makoto's by like, a pixel.

So yeah, at this point, it stays.

Leg and skirt mvmt haven't been applied because I'm struggling to figure it out.

Also, after this, the CPS3 Cloud anim, and GDM's request, I'm officially done taking requests. So yeah, this is the final time and shit.
#533  August 05, 2016, 04:32:04 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
N-no, I really think the eyes should change...

#534  August 05, 2016, 05:46:47 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The eyes look fine.

The vest animation seems to be alright. What bothers me is the hair animation. The windy movement doesn't seems to be going properly, not to mention it goes too fast to then having a sudden stop.

Shit
#535  August 05, 2016, 05:49:36 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
The reason the eyes bother me is because he used black for the eyelashes, so my eyes automatically see them as her irises, like on SNK sprites. So it just looks to me like her eyes are facing opposite directions.

#536  August 11, 2016, 11:33:33 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Almost finished with this. Then, onto Cloud for Zemilia.

Can't wait to finally finish the 10 main ones, and pick up on anatomy again. I've neglected it (and pencil sketching) for too long. :(
#537  August 12, 2016, 11:26:49 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

So I decided to do some head practices. Tried out diff head types, positions, and stuff. Thoughts? What should I do next? Draw existing chars, people in RL and see if I can do it right or something??

I honestly have no idea where to go/how to progress with artistic anatomy, so.... a pointer or two?

Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:47:44 pm by Hatter
#538  August 13, 2016, 12:01:46 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
The best way to learn is to just try out things for yourself without any references. Of course, having references isn't a BAD thing, mind you, but you learn a bit more trying things out first, and then looking at other sources and seeing what you could be doing differently or what is similar enough IMO. Of course, I'm not an artist so what do I know!?

Anywho, if you're aiming for more head practices, try this: Start with a pure frontal view of the head, then rotate it to the left or right (whichever way you want to go with first) and draw it that way. Think of a clock. You have your four cardinal directions, and then you have the 4 directions directly between said directions (so you have 8 directions in total to work with). Try that without having the head looking up or down, and when you think you've got the look down on that, then try it with the head tilted up/down some and do the same there until you feel you've got that down.

I could probably whip up a few other practice exercises if you want, like I've done in the past before with the 100 eyes, mouths, faces, etc.
#539  August 13, 2016, 12:07:49 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
See that's what I'm not sure about. I know that I definitely have to sketch something, but do I go about it from my imagination, w/ a reference at the beginning, draw from life, hire a nude model for a measly price (yeah, this is already off my list.)? I'm under the assumption that trying things out for myself would come after getting comfortable with anatomy, and actually having a decent grasp on the fundamentals. Which I don't. So what would step one be?

I guess also having books is a nice thing, like that one book by Andrew Loomis GDM tells me to get, and Dynamic Anatomy by Burne Hogarth, which I have (and used when doing these head practices).

I could probably whip up a few other practice exercises if you want, like I've done in the past before with the 100 eyes, mouths, faces, etc.

When I finish Zemilia and GDM's requests, I'm tots up for it. Maybe something more difficult too.
#540  August 13, 2016, 12:37:07 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hmm. I already gave you the tutorial I used for heads, didn't I? The one that Proko summarized an entire Loomis book about? That'd be a good start, I think. I tried to read Loomis and whatnot, but I personally couldn't get anything out of it at all. Might've been because I was using the wrong books or something, but...the video helped me out far more than the books did. But that's me heh.

The easiest thing to do is start with the basics. First step I say is draw 100 circles. You might've already done this already, but do it again. Try it without actually using any tools, and see if you can get a good circle. Now...you may think that's easy, but it's not as easy as it seems. Especially if you DON'T use your wrist, which you shouldn't be using your wrists for art. You're not writing anything, and that leads to carpal tunnel and arthiritis (sp?) and other bad things, so try to do it by moving your arm instead of your wrist. It's fine if you're doing more detailed stuff I think?

Once you get the circle down, it's just a matter of splitting it into smaller circles and other such shapes that the head takes on. Most of these are pretty much smaller circles in themselves for the most part. Though you may ALREADY know this but...