YesNoOk

Anyone here being banned from BLACKLISTED WEBSITE for no reason at all? (Read 4498066 times)

Started by Flowrellik, June 12, 2016, 08:03:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Anyone here being banned from my huge butt for no reason at all?
#521  December 17, 2016, 10:11:18 pm
  • A foosball to the face!
    • USA
    • fretterg@gmail.com
No one is benefited by a site monetizing other creators work while that same site claims they will destroy other mugen sites if they want their stuff removed while putting whoever goes to theri site at risks of viruses for the sake of monetizing.

This has been repeated at least once every page in this thread and yet you still keep pretending to not understand.
No one is being fooled. Quit this nonsense.

This is not a drill, I think Jnp warned you to stop reposting the same thing over and over, but if he didnt Im doing it. 

Let me help you out on this "issue", Iced
Here's an interesting thing, Google itself tells everyone this as well...

Please end this feud; this isn't the only website that has been having this problem, you know.
#522  December 17, 2016, 10:26:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No one is benefited by a site monetizing other creators work while that same site claims they will destroy other mugen sites if they want their stuff removed while putting whoever goes to theri site at risks of viruses for the sake of monetizing.

This has been repeated at least once every page in this thread and yet you still keep pretending to not understand.
No one is being fooled. Quit this nonsense.

This is not a drill, I think Jnp warned you to stop reposting the same thing over and over, but if he didnt Im doing it. 

Please end this feud; this isn't the only website that has been having this problem, you know.

Are you literally this dumb?

Go read the thread, NO ONE here doesnt know what Adfly is. I dunno exactly what you are trying to do in "schooling" me on what an adfly is.

This site is monetizing content that we host ( and we pay to host) under the excuse that they need money to host it, while using methods that put downloaders at risk and threatening to attack other mugen sites.  This has been repeated tons of times but instead of reading it, dumbasses keep coming here going "WHAT IS ADFLY WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS WHY ARE YOU ALL MAD THAT SOMEONE MONETIZES YOUR WORK! THEY NEED THE MONEY!"

This isnt a feud, these people are shitheads but no one is "persecuting" them. Theyve been banned for their shitty practices and so will anyone that tries to defend these shitty practices.
This is the kind of behaviour that leads creators to quit, dumb shits trying to make money of their work and putting others at risk of viruses in the process.
This is the kind of shit that made me consider not even releasing Piccolo.
#523  December 17, 2016, 10:26:56 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yes. That's what adfly does. Everyone knows that. Adfly doesn't vet its shit though. It provides whatever ad it is paid to. The ads themselves can be perfectly safe, or they can by browser hijacks, or script injection or redirects themselves. There are OTHER ways to provide revenue via advertisements, we might not like them but at least they'd be safe for everyone. Adfly is not safe. I don't know about you but i'd hate anything i made to be associated with a virus.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#524  December 17, 2016, 10:35:27 pm

that isn't google you clown. that is a recommended answer from the website superuser.
but hey you brought it, so lets actually look at the entire question from the link beneath it...
What is adfly and how does it somehow usurp my clicks?
Originally I thought it was the website doing it. But I was using my Encrypted bank account and I got redirected to an adfly advertisement. I'm guessing its a Chrome extension that might be causing it or its Chrome itself. Does anyone know the best way to prevent this? I installed a couple extensions but I would rather uninstall whatever extension might be causing this, or stop using Chrome all together.
which was answered by this:
adfly is a re-directer used by people to get clicks for money with advertising. You have to wait a few seconds then in the top right corner you can click skip ad. They also claim the purpose of it is to shorten the length of links. Either way it is a advertising ploy.

basically adfly hijacked that asker's browser and he had to remove it from his computer, so thanks for shooting yourself in the foot by giving us more evidence that adfly is a malicious website .
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#525  December 17, 2016, 10:39:10 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Heh, guess they use adfly because more or less all big ad networks don't allow ads on websites that may host copyrighted content.

Which is good so.

I see stuff like adfly just on shady sites that are breaking laws in most countries.
#526  December 17, 2016, 10:40:11 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
This isnt a feud, these people are shitheads but no one is "persecuting" them. Theyve been banned for their shitty practices and so will anyone that tries to defend these shitty practices.

Then has Jason Bourne been banned yet? Because that's all he seems to do when he comes back from his previous ban.
Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:43:45 pm by Jesuszilla
#527  December 17, 2016, 10:48:43 pm
Hasn't he been banned once or twice ? Only to return and do the exact same thing ("no one gave proof, we're persecuted"). He's just not getting banned *permanently* yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#528  December 17, 2016, 10:51:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
That's what I'm getting at. Permaban him, he's a broken record who tries to antagonize users.
#529  December 17, 2016, 10:52:21 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA

Then has Jason Bourne been banned yet? Because that's all he seems to do when he comes back from his previous ban.

It's funny if you think about it. He just keeps coming back worse and worse, like the movies his name is based off of.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#530  December 17, 2016, 11:16:37 pm
  • hecc
So I figured I should probably share this, there is a way to get around Adfly without having to ever click on the Adfly page, if you right click on a download link there, copy and paste it into your address bar, you can see "Adfly" part of the url, delete it, and it completely skips Adfly and you can get the download. So if theres anything you really want from that site but not want to give these assholes any profit, there you go.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#531  December 17, 2016, 11:46:34 pm
    • USA
    • fretterg@gmail.com
Dude, Iced, I'm not trying to be mean or anything at all; I'm trying to help you, I'm on your side. Whomever is on Adfly's side of all things needs to shut their mouths to not bring this up again, or better yet, not come over here again. Google tried to make this answer as simple as possible, I personally consider the Superuser to be a part of Google, so that part sort of counts, to a point.

I'm not schooling you at all, never shot myself in the foot, heck, I personally hate Adfly. I've hated Adfly, ever since it was first being used for things like mods, fan-made games, and so on. I was never on Adfly's side at all.

Apparently, I'm getting yelled at for trying to help an administrator out; of all things these days, whatever...  :(
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:07:44 am by sluigi123
#532  December 17, 2016, 11:58:21 pm
    • USA
I was going to say the way i read it sluigi123 actually agreed with you but maybe that was some how lost the way he worded it?
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#533  December 18, 2016, 12:19:20 am
    • USA
    • fretterg@gmail.com
I was going to say the way i read it sluigi123 actually agreed with you but maybe that was some how lost the way he worded it?

I tried to word it as simple as possible, via Imgur, but that apparently backfired. Posting things as simple as that is not going to cut it for me, I guess...

So I figured I should probably share this, there is a way to get around Adfly without having to ever click on the Adfly page, if you right click on a download link there, copy and paste it into your address bar, you can see "Adfly" part of the url, delete it, and it completely skips Adfly and you can get the download. So if theres anything you really want from that site but not want to give these assholes any profit, there you go.

I guess I do learn something new every day.  :P
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:23:15 am by sluigi123
#534  December 18, 2016, 12:25:41 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I dunno, the post seems fine to me. Keep in mind English is not Iced's native language (which I'm only blindly assuming is ours due to the flags).
#535  December 18, 2016, 12:29:07 am
    • USA
I dunno, the post seems fine to me. Keep in mind English is not Iced's native language (which I'm only blindly assuming is ours due to the flags).

Yes, English is my first language and i assume the same thing. Since we have so many people from different countries some things can get confusing if not worded in a certain way. Especially if it's not your first language.

#536  December 18, 2016, 12:33:43 am
    • USA
The quotation marks along with the last paragraph send the opposite message so I can understand the mix up.
#537  December 18, 2016, 01:15:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yeah the quotation marks sent me the complete opposite message, as jz said this is not my first language so some confusions can happen,  sorry if i misunderstood you, I thought you were trying to explain me what it was after i had just complained that people keep acting as if its a big unknown.
#538  December 18, 2016, 07:18:31 am
Iced you make yourself and the guild look really bad by telling me you'll ban me for having a different opinion. I'm not trolling I've detailed my arguments plenty of times, we just have a different point of view.

Again I would like you to look at the archive and guild graphs

when the archive had a big downtime at the beginning of 2016, the guild suffered too, when the archive was back the guild recovered too

can't you see how much the two sites are complementary and support each others? this war is plain insanity because the sites fate is tied
shooting the archive is like shooting yourself, plain and simple, mugen won't survive without the archive, and the archive won't survive without ads
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:33:51 am by Jason Bourne
#539  December 18, 2016, 07:52:23 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
1) There's not a feud. Really there isn't. See guild has a massive user base and doesn't give 2 shits about the archive EXCEPT when it causes problems here, which it has done in the past.

2) correlation does not equal causation. There is always a quiet time of year in mugen. If memory serves april is about right, that's spring in america isn't it?

3) There are hundreds of sites that host characters. Ucoz is one for example. There is not a single thing done by archive that is important or essential to the hobby. If it vanished permanently eventually something else would take its place. I would hope that something would not hide other peoples content behind a virus ridden ad redirect.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#540  December 18, 2016, 08:00:45 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hey Jason Bourne, just because I'm not on the perma-ban train doesn't mean I was against a ban. Should've taken that as a cue to shut the fuck up and hope everyone forgot.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time