YesNoOk

helper commands (Read 1775 times)

Started by MomokoNew, October 29, 2012, 11:57:45 pm
Share this topic:
helper commands
#1  October 29, 2012, 11:57:45 pm
hello~

I'm trying to make a helper that works similarly to the parent, like, standing while doing certain things to commands.

the moving commands work.

but for some reason, any moves for attacking won't respond no matter what button it is.

everything here is the same even when the parent is defeated. why won't the attacks work?

please help.
Re: helper commands
#2  October 30, 2012, 12:02:42 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Depends how it's coded. In a basic sense (and this often causes bugs unless you spend time with it) give the helper keyctrl = 1, that lets it into the .cmd. If they don't work from that point, then you have !ishelper triggers on all attacks.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

2OS

#3  October 30, 2012, 01:10:04 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
########## — placeholder for helper id's you want to have ctrl=1 ( clones and whatnot )

[Statedef -1]

[State ]
type=ctrlset
trigger1=ishelper&&!(ishelper(##########)||ishelper(##########))
value=0
ignorehitpause=1

this is all you really need to stop ""bugs"" from happening. i personally set keyctrl=1 to everything.

for the issue itself: yaa find !ishelper or ishelper=0. if commands use vars the trigger could be on the var.
#4  October 31, 2012, 12:19:41 am
i'll try all this. ironically, there's ishelper's set to 1 on every attack. is that just as bad?
#5  October 31, 2012, 12:24:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Actually one needs to use helper commands to circunvent some mugen input bugs.
#6  October 31, 2012, 12:58:01 am
type = Helper
;triggerall = TeamMode = Simul
;triggerall = enemy,TeamMode = Simul
triggerall = command = "shiyu-smn"
trigger1 = NumHelper(1800) = 0
trigger1 = !Alive
------------------------------- (is the name that necessary...?)
ID = 1800
pos = -360,-240
postype = back
stateno = 1801
ownpal = 0

this is what summons the helper in the cmd. anything I should add?

2OS

#7  October 31, 2012, 02:43:25 am
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
keyctrl=1
#8  October 31, 2012, 03:06:40 am
I tried that, it only makes the helper turn into the parent, so, technically, it becomes a clone of the parent.
#9  November 06, 2012, 07:34:43 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I tried that, it only makes the helper turn into the parent, so, technically, it becomes a clone of the parent.

Did you specify the stateno parameter for the helper? Iirc, it defaults to stateno 0 if omitted, which is the parent's idle state.

Edit: scratch that, I wasnt reading your code properly. My guess is that with keyctrl set its going to some state which sets it to state 0 when it ends. I forgot if keyctrl allows it to go into the hardcoded states like walking since I never really used it, but if it does then thats probably the culprit.

Only other reason I can think of was that you forgot to set the animation number in the helper state, so it defaults to animation 0 (the parent's idle animation)

Just to be sure, turn debug mode on until you get to the helper. If the stateno is what you specified in the controller, then its an animation issue. If the stateno is 0, then its probably going into some other state which then takes it to state 0 when its finished.
Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:40:59 pm by DerkMesao

2OS

#10  November 06, 2012, 07:57:08 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
I forgot if keyctrl allows it to go into the hardcoded states like walking since I never really used it, but if it does then thats probably the culprit.

it does but if he put the ctrlset i initially typed out in -1 that shouldn't be happening. unless he omitted the id for whatever is in question here.

trigger1=ishelper&&!(ishelper(##########)||ishelper(##########))