YesNoOk

Maple Story Spritesheets qns (Read 1278 times)

Started by Redash, March 05, 2018, 12:23:50 pm
Share this topic:
Maple Story Spritesheets qns
#1  March 05, 2018, 12:23:50 pm
    • Singapore
Just got to me that with Maple story VERY RICH amt of 2D sprites, we can have a lot to work with... and i was think abt starting a project on Maple Story Fighters featuring the MS bosses too.

However, need advise how to effectively get the sprites from online servers?

Also with the variety of different armors and weapons combination, is it possible to custom edit Mugen via some scripts like screenpack to allow custom selection of armors/weapons?
Re: Maple Story Spritesheets qns
#2  March 05, 2018, 01:57:43 pm
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
Just got to me that with Maple story VERY RICH amt of 2D sprites, we can have a lot to work with... and i was think abt starting a project on Maple Story Fighters featuring the MS bosses too.

You might want to start here:
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/4098-maplestory/

Also with the variety of different armors and weapons combination, is it possible to custom edit Mugen via some scripts like screenpack to allow custom selection of armors/weapons?
Nothing is impossible in Mugen, but to do something like that into the screenpack itself rather than individual characters, you will need some very complicated custom coding in the default common.cns of mugen, and probably patchers for the characters for triggering the custom states etc etc.

You should look up a screenpack called "Capcom Vs Snk W" by Rednavi and have a look at the cns. - that is one simpler example of how you can create some custom mechanics like armor/ex mode etc via the default common.cns.

Add004 Basic by Tatsu/Shiyokakuge would be another good example of using patchers and batch files to achieve similar things outside the normal way we use mugen.
Re: Maple Story Spritesheets qns
#3  March 12, 2018, 10:28:05 am
    • Singapore
Thanks much for the directions. Much needed :^)