by BigPimp, Dev
updated by thatguy
additional sprites by Winane
edits by Swanky
Download Mr. Sinister (https://www.moddb.com/games/mugen/addons/swankys-mvc-ish-character-edits)
Mr. Sinister by BigPimp & Dev is a great looking character. Thankfully, they're also very relaxed when it comes to handling
their character assets which allowed me to do this edit to fix some problems with their initial beta release, as well as
enhance some of the character's moveset. It may very well be my biggest project to date.
Nathaniel Essex is an immortal being, the term "mad scientist" fits pretty well. Add to that a couple of extraordinary powers
like telekinesis, energy projection and a healing factor and you have a pretty dangerous villain.
However, Mr. Sinister is not known for being the best close combat fighter, and is reliant on overly complicated plans to a fault.
In Mugen, he is a tall character with long reach, but this comes at the cost of being rather slow in his physical attacks.
However, he makes up for it with powerful telekinesis and energy attacks, allowing the juggling of opponents to extend combos.
Mr. Sinister can chain punches or kicks, but cannot alternate between them in a combo chain (except for aerial normals).
He can cancel any normal into any special or hyper, but cannot cancel a special into a hyper.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
List of changes from official Beta - Initial release
- completely rebalanced damage
- reworked his telekinetic QCB P/K grabs
- they now toss the opponent around and BOUNCE them (AvX bounce states were already present in the code)
- QCB P now won't turn if opponent gets thrown close to the wall
- this makes for some very interesting combos
- each grab can be used ONCE per combo
- his normals were rebalanced and fixed
- can combo punches or kicks, but not zigzag. Can link standing / crouching punches, standing / crouching kicks
- sHP and sHK are now overheads, sHK hits twice if close enough
- reanimated cHP, should be smoother now and a little faster
- rebalanced a lot of frame data
- specials and hypers should now correctly do block damage and have rebalanced damage values (QCF KK shouldn't do 400dmg up close anymore)
- energy-based hypers & specials can destroy projectiles
- area concussive blast hitboxes have been slightly adjusted
- (area) concussive blasts and hyper (area) concussive blasts have longer reset animations before returning ctrl
- energy-based hypers now grant 15 iframes on startup
- regeneration hyper now has a hitbox - it's a powerful ability that should have a risk when using it - also no iframes on startup
- he can now cancel into specials and hypers from normals (specials into hypers, not so much but not needed)
- learned to PushBlock in all block states (ASC)
- learned to counter (edited statedef 220 variant)
- learned to throw (forward / backwards)
- added Hyper Combo screens, sprites by Winane
- 9000,1 portrait shortened to 140*120
- added effects for enemy being successfully grabbed by throw, backthrow or either telekinetic grab (flashes purple)
- repositioned many sparks
- cleared out a lot of unused bg leftover sprites from AvX
- Added several triggers to make sure he doesn't get life regen when at life = 0
- changed around some of his Life Regen super. Now activates at Frame 9. Deactivates when roundstate != 2 or Life = 0
- still need to find an idea to have him have another combo opener (not sure if needed, jMK is decent)
- create an optional portrait to fit the other stuff that I did
- a decent power infused heavy punches special (D, DF, F, P - but where to go with his beam special? - repeat input for second slash that knocks away)
- taunt - morph into different characters?
- Statedef 3100 - QCF KK - have him float a little above ground when doing the super?
- Bounce mechanics go haywire in Team matches (unless turns mode is being used)
- Floor bounce on QCP K has to be set rather high so opponents don't get accidentally put into state 0 when they "hit" the floor
- combos are dependant on enemy size & recovery, comboing is more inconsistent with smaller opponents and those that recover quickly.
My other releases (https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/various-mvcish-characters-edited-other-odds-ends-192190.0.html)
I will be keeping him separate from the main download for the time being; once I am sure there will be no more updates I'll be shifting him over into the main download.