YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2860178 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#961  July 02, 2014, 02:32:15 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
He's helping out with Hulk, but he's doing something else. Maybe Abomination?
#962  July 02, 2014, 02:52:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I thought Abomination was dead?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#963  July 02, 2014, 03:00:55 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Coulson said he's locked.
#964  July 03, 2014, 09:10:29 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

GOH

#965  July 03, 2014, 10:22:39 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
what's this

it's asking for a login

i dont know the login

why are you so useless

edit: oh its a website for the movie
#966  July 03, 2014, 10:43:53 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It doesnt ask for no login, >:C

GOH

#967  July 03, 2014, 10:51:25 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
IT DOESNT NOW
#968  July 05, 2014, 08:56:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/05/firewilliamshakespeare/

idiots are twitting he actor that played falcon to try to get the writer from  the captain america book fired over bullshit pretenses.

Some people just want to be deemed "good" so much they will try to do anything to rollerskate uphill.

meanwhile gunn has released the tracklist for Gotg's tapedeck

Yes, director James Gunn himself warns that the tracklist could constitute spoilers. And here it is:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
http://www.mtv.com/news/1859692/guardians-of-the-galaxy-soundtrack/

GOH

#969  July 06, 2014, 12:58:26 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

GOH

#970  July 08, 2014, 10:45:44 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

MORE GUARDIANS
#971  July 08, 2014, 01:05:07 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
The more I'm seeing of this movie the more my excitement is growing
#972  July 08, 2014, 04:07:59 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Same here for me, looking forward to the next comic flick.

GOH

#973  July 09, 2014, 11:21:11 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#974  July 09, 2014, 03:21:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/05/firewilliamshakespeare/

idiots are twitting he actor that played falcon to try to get the writer from  the captain america book fired over bullshit pretenses.

Some people just want to be deemed "good" so much they will try to do anything to rollerskate uphill.

followup
http://powderroom.jezebel.com/when-having-opinions-brings-rape-threats-a-captain-ame-1601900750/+burtreynoldsismyspiritguide1

jezebel reporters are angry that people are attempting to defend rememder also the person that started the campaign to fire rememder is now claiming she was threatened to be raped over it.

I have been called a moron, a slut, an ugly bitch, a dumb cunt, a racist, and every other colorful, cruel, and sexist insult in the playbook.

I've been threatened with rape, been told to shut up, and been told explicitly that my opinion doesn't matter.

I've been accused of trying to ruin someone's life.

I've been infantilized, condescended to, pat on the head and told that my money doesn't matter, that I was hysterical and irrational, that I was making too much out of nothing, that I was a prude.

I've had to answer the question "did you actually read the book?" more times than I can count, and every time the question's asked with that cruel, invisible "sweetheart" at the end.

I've lost an incredible amount of respect for creators whose art and writing I enjoyed.

Been sent unsolicited pictures of stranger's genitalia (i.e. dicks) by direct message on Twitter

Received more than one offer to "cure" me - i.e. "fix" the fact that I'm queer

Had my personal and identifying information - including name, age, location, and photograph - posted without my consent or knowledge as the butt of a post insinuating that I'm "hysterical" and that I have a "vendetta"

Tell me again that the glorification and excusing of rape in comics doesn't feed rape culture in real life.

Tell me again that it's "fiction".

Tell me fucking again.
this proves rape culture! Lets keep tweeting Mackie till they sanitize the falcon.
#975  July 09, 2014, 03:50:15 pm
Guys, you see, it's not statutory rape, it's consenting, she's the one who was sober enough to remember and he wasn't, there was no misleading, but we hate it because he's black and she's white and "it's rape culture" so we're going to call it rape even though we just said it wasn't rape by any legal definition.
No, we're not angry because it's a black man having sex with a white woman (that would be racist), we're angry because it perpetuates the culture of black men having sex with white wome--- I mean, it's okay if a black man has sex with a white woman if it's consensual, but it perpetuates the image of rape by a black man unto a whi--- no wait, it wasn't actually a rape, but we're calling it rape anyway becau--- ah, fuck it. We want the author fired because he showed something we don't like.

[I'm paraphrasing but this is seriously what they said]
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:55:04 pm by DKDC
#976  July 09, 2014, 04:04:05 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I believe the whole crux of the argument is that she's supposedly 14, even though Remender stated her age as 22-23 both implicitly and overtly. And he wrote the story arc that created the character in question. And the time jump story arc. So he'd know.

I really don't want to agree that it's a racial thing, but it's either that or she's using the politics of outrage as a promotional tool.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#977  July 09, 2014, 04:32:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
tumblr "feminists" ( note quotation marks) are moved by the teenage like wish to show themselves more moral than those that surround them, part of this is done by finding victims for their moral crusade that they attack repeatedly without any sense.

This is pretty much just a cover for doing pretty disgusting things.

Their answer to "its not rape, see its even stated there" ( I even read the book he panicks when he wakes up and she calms him down taking it as a joke) is to double down on how its rape culture because the author shouldnt have shown the daughter of a villain having sex with a african american.i still dont get why they are trying to push this onto the falcon actor, all they want is a scandal that fits their political agenda of promoting rape culture as a threat.

They even attempt to shame Gillen by supporting Remender.
#978  July 09, 2014, 04:40:50 pm
I believe the whole crux of the argument is that she's supposedly 14
No, they go at length to point out that yes, they read the book, and yes, they know she's 23. It's really exactly what I paraphrased, they know she's not underage, they know it's not statutory rape, but they call it rape anyway because it "promotes rape culture" just by mentioning a black guy having sex with a younger white girl. So it's not rape by any definition of the word, but they call it rape because there is even the slightest confusion. In short, "if you have to ask, then it's definitely rape" (despite both the book, the characters, and the guy who wrote it, all pointing out it's not). And the older black guy with the younger white girl simply reminds people of the rape culture of black guys on white girls, therefore it's part of it.
I'm not joking. They call it, and I quote, "firmly entrenched in the gray area of consent with a person of color" (disregarding the fact that it's not a gray area at all in the first place, the book explains why, and the article even specifically admits to it). It's because there is a doubt, and there is a black guy. That's the entirety of the problem.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:45:02 pm by DKDC
#979  July 09, 2014, 04:42:13 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Here's a pretty cool fan-made timeline:
http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/5395/A-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline#vars!date=0590-03-16_23:35:00!

this proves rape culture! Lets keep tweeting Mackie till they sanitize the falcon.
I didn't realize rape culture needed to be proved at this point.

That article was good for one thing, though, providing a link to this, which is a good, level-headed summary of the actual scene.

And maaaaan, why is this even in the MCU thread, I want GotG news, not stuff about the comics that's only posted here because, uh, they're tweeting Mackie? >:[
#980  July 11, 2014, 01:21:13 am
  • Haters are toys
Can we go back to talking about the movie with a talking raccoon and the tree alien that eats parts of it's shoulder?

How about some Ant-Man news eh?
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17