YesNoOk

SONUVA!!!!! (Read 1354 times)

Started by 1time, February 27, 2008, 11:46:58 pm
Share this topic:
SONUVA!!!!!
#1  February 27, 2008, 11:46:58 pm
Coding Sagat's multiple knee hit throw is a freaking nightmare!!!!!

That's all.
Re: SONUVA!!!!!
#2  February 27, 2008, 11:54:02 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
oh ok
#3  February 28, 2008, 12:15:17 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
depends on how you code it, i guess.
#4  February 28, 2008, 12:17:47 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
That move is pretty simple IMO.  :P
#5  February 28, 2008, 01:02:41 am
Remember, I'm new to coding. You got to have multiple changestates, getting the other player in the right position for each hit...It's a long drawn out code. I should have started with an easy throw. ;D I've read tutorials, and I'm looking at Sepp's for hints, but whew!!! Right now the other player just wiggles until the throw is over. I, however, have not yet begun to fight!!!!
#6  February 28, 2008, 01:33:48 am
You got to have multiple changestates
No. You can use a variable to count the number of hits performed/to perform, then loop the animation (all the knee strikes have the same animation, right ?) and move out to the last hit when the limit is reached. You don't really need a variable for the simpler version if you just count how many ticks have elapsed since you've entered the state, but using a variable lets you include the "bash button to increase # of hits" method.
Of course, if there's info you can't find while looking up the docs starting from what I've said, you can just ask for help in the appropriate section.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#7  February 28, 2008, 03:57:41 am
No. You can use a variable to count the number of hits performed/to perform, then loop the animation (all the knee strikes have the same animation, right ?) and move out to the last hit when the limit is reached. You don't really need a variable for the simpler version if you just count how many ticks have elapsed since you've entered the state, but using a variable lets you include the "bash button to increase # of hits" method.
Of course, if there's info you can't find while looking up the docs starting from what I've said, you can just ask for help in the appropriate section.

I'm not ready for the button mashing yet. I will get there one day, however. My main problem is getting player 2 to change from his "held by his head" animation to his "knee to the head" animation when he gets kneed to the head. My problem is I usually miss something simple that keeps the whole damn thing from working, and it takes forever for me to see it. I keep trying to get more complicated while missing the little stuff. I'm gonna recode it from scratch either tonight or in the am, and if I still don't have it, I'm gonna ask for help. I spend waaayyyy too much time in the help section. I just need to concentrate a little more. Thanks for the variable advice. I'm gonna read up a little on 'em when I get this working and tweak it.
#8  February 28, 2008, 07:13:05 am
  • Happy release for you all!
    • Argentina
    • www.andresborghi.com.ar

mmno. sorry to pop up but variables are a complex thing for newbies. It's beeter to understand multiple changestates first. i remember when i was trying to learn mugen coding and peole said: hey! dont be retarded! you can do that much easier with a fvar and blablablabla as if everyone knows from birth how to code, and I went like: ok, i dont know how to code a variable or what is it for so, let's keep it simple. So, thats why I came out with this. I see this posts and i see myself in that position wanting to fire a gun.

sorry if I'm too harsh. Must be because I'm sleepy.

Little John from the big castle, plays with little friend,
snip! snip! snip! off goes his head, bright red! bright red!
#9  February 28, 2008, 10:49:26 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Some are born with good coding skills, some are not. Some are born with good graphical skills, other are not.
You were born with one of them, and have progressed a lot to become a skilled programmer too. ^_^
#10  February 28, 2008, 03:33:48 pm
  • Happy release for you all!
    • Argentina
    • www.andresborghi.com.ar
mmmmmm mokey o_O

Little John from the big castle, plays with little friend,
snip! snip! snip! off goes his head, bright red! bright red!
#11  February 28, 2008, 04:51:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
a more advanced version of that code actually disregards variables and has to be coded using changestates (see r's dan).