YesNoOk

Grand Cathedral [Update] (Read 6270 times)

Started by Arias, March 05, 2019, 06:23:30 am
Share this topic:
Grand Cathedral [Update]
New #1  March 05, 2019, 06:23:30 am
    • sites.google.com/view/ariasoftheend/home
Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:57:01 pm by Margatroid
Re: Grand Cathedral [Update]
#2  March 05, 2019, 07:40:36 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Delivered again with a based stage. Thanks Alice!

TiE

#3  March 05, 2019, 08:07:09 am
  • used the search button
    • Germany
Geeze! This is beautiful!
Please, keep on layering, Margatroid.
This looks silky smooth & slick.
Thank you!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:10:15 am by TiE
#4  March 05, 2019, 04:05:55 pm
Hi Margatroid

Thanks for the update, Great Stage

only have 2 suggestions

1. The default settings of the camera is too jumply, even a small jump or character bounce on the ground will make camera jump. this make people dizzy.
2. the default zoom level is too big. character looks too big

I've tweaked settings like following to make the character less big and less jumpy.
Hope you can give it a try

also I'll update a demo video

settings

[Camera]
startx = 0
starty = 0
boundleft = -725
boundright = 725
boundhigh = -200
boundlow = 0
verticalfollow = .7
floortension = 100
tension = 300
overdrawhigh = 100
overdrawlow = 100
cuthigh = 0
cutlow = 0
zoomin = 0.9
zoomout = 0.75
tensionhigh = 140
tensionlow = 380

Modified

I noticed your video is on Mar
but in your video your camera moves very slowly and character is not very big.
I wonder you uploaded a wrong file or your mugen settings is different than mine?

I made a video for this
look at the 1st part ryu is quite big in size and even a small jump the camera moves a lot.
the rest is modified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFP5n1KDc9Y

Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:19:31 pm by beterhans

GLB

#5  March 05, 2019, 09:38:59 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Still one of (if not the) goat stage creator.

Keep doing your thing, bro-bro.
#6  March 05, 2019, 11:54:25 pm
 :goi:
Yeah, it has to do with your characters too, you're right about the zoom out might be too strong for default ones (I actually like that way because makes zoomdelta more notable), but if it feels annoying one can reduce it by setting tensionlow to 100, no need to change anything else in the stage def.

When you change the resolution of mugen to higher, sometimes you need to change or add a localcoord to the characters too, try 420x240, or they will appear too big, the stage will display correctly in 850x480 & 1280x720, if you set the stage localcoord to 960x720 you will be able to use it in standard resolution (640x480), you can increase the bounds here, the enjou stage looks good because the characters in that game are big compared to other characters, so it seems there's no need to change anything, unless used with other stages that require a certain localcoord with characters I guess.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That I exceeded myself with the layering is not an overstatement, the laboratory has about 3500 layers showing at the same time, not even counting animations :­P, wanted to be the closest to source possible and works for me perfectly, it allows for some nice effects too, but I guess if I'm going to release it then I shouldn't sacrifice performance, will optimize & re-upload these eventually.

Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:22:02 pm by Margatroid
#7  March 06, 2019, 01:44:16 am
Yeah, it has to do with your characters too, you're right about the zoom out might be too strong for default ones (I actually like that way because makes zoomdelta more notable), but if it feels annoying one can reduce it by setting tensionlow to 100, no need to change anything else.

When you change the resolution of mugen to higher, sometimes you need to change or add a localcoord to the characters too, try 420x240, or they will appear too big, the stage will display correctly in 850x480 & 1280x720, if you set the stage localcoord to 960x720 you will be able to use it in standard resolution (640x480), you can increase the bounds here, the enjou stage looks good because the characters in that game are big compared to other characters, so it seems there's no need to change anything, unless used with other stages that require a certain localcoord with characters I guess.

Actually I modified enjou too.
Is that means your akuma in your video is not stock POTS's version but a version with localcoord settings? is that the reason he looks normal?

tensionlow to 100
some stage is tensionlow = 100 but that will cause zoom out too fast. tried a setting around 300 or 400 will make 16:9 stage zoom out or zoom in smoothly.
#8  March 06, 2019, 03:10:51 am
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#9  March 07, 2019, 04:40:38 pm
That's the reason yes, akuma is tiny, that's why it doesn't look so off in your video (I assume you modified zoom in enjou).
but this is the actual correct proportion for the stage.

#10  March 07, 2019, 05:45:37 pm
That's the reason yes, akuma is tiny, that's why it doesn't look so off in your video (I assume you modified zoom in enjou).
but this is the actual correct proportion for the stage.

Wah That's quite un-practical for me to change all my character just for each stage.
But Thanks for the answer. Now I understand why.

By the way
You are the best guy I ever knew who can make perfect parallax BG elements.
Would you mind take a look at this stage the one made by me.
I followed some guide and can't figure out the formula. so all the numbers is by guess...
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/acemillions-2k19-stage-thread-hd-hiphop-3419-186089.20.html

and I saw one guide made by you by using width
but I can't make it right. and I guess the width one is only good for Square floor sprite right? if the sprite is already trapezoid, the width won't help right?

#11  March 08, 2019, 11:51:18 pm
I guess the width one is only good for Square floor sprite right? if the sprite is already trapezoid, the width won't help right?

It depends of what you want to do, you can make it work with a trapezoid really...but yeah normally you use width for tiles, unless you want to stretch the floor too much.

The ropes aren't aligned perfectly with a vanishing point so a parallax won't be perfect, if using xscale I would just reduce it a bit so that it doesn't look so off, something around:

[BG Floor Parallax]
type      = parallax
spriteno   = 30,0
start      = 0,500
trans      = none
mask      = 1
delta      = 0.8, 1         
xscale      = 1, 1.4
scalestart   = 6,6
ID         = 30

The details still will shear though, that's the problem with xscale.

You still can try width, but it will look stretched with this floor if you don't edit the sprite;

[bg 0]    
type=parallax
spriteno=30,0
start=0,500
delta=.67,1
mask=1
width=1500,2750
scalestart = 2,6
ID         = 30

[BG Floor Botton]
type  = normal
spriteno = 30,1