YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 832137 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2381  September 18, 2017, 06:41:02 pm
It really hammers the point home the Marvel only views this game as an advertisement for their movie projects.
Oh, I was just editing my previous post about what they show and don't show, but if Capcom was struggling with Marvel about what to make and what to show (Capcom wanted something but Marvel wanted them to change their priorities), that could possibly explain their (nonexistent) strategy, Capcom doesn't have a marketing team because it's Marvel's marketing team.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2382  September 18, 2017, 07:27:23 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
4 Marvel and 2 Capcom characters[being the story mode ones unlike the Marvel side dlcs]

...Wow. Just.. Wow.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#2383  September 18, 2017, 07:43:15 pm
    • Brazil
Wow, I kinda wish the leak was true and we had Gill, at the very least. How can they think this garbage is good in any way? My goodness...
#2384  September 18, 2017, 07:52:39 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Putting aside the fact that that puts them at uneven numbers of characters, I really don't see the point of having Winter Soldier and Black Widow.  Do we really need two "secret agent with guns" characters at the same time?

It really hammers the point home the Marvel only views this game as an advertisement for their movie projects.

:Edit:  Unless they're referring to Black Widow from Slam Masters, which would admittedly be one hell of a fake out.

Even with that, why not Ant-Man and the Wasp for a duo

How ahout some more villains like Hela or Loki

I guess you could reuse certain C.Viper anims for Widow though
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

lui

#2385  September 18, 2017, 08:22:52 pm
    • USA
MVC has had uneven rosters before.

Mvc1, xmvsf,mshvsf and so on.

My issue is that they picked black widow which I'm seriously hoping is the slam masters one.

I also wish they could've announced it similarly to how dbfz announces it's fighters, with screenshots and descriptions of their gameplay
#2386  September 18, 2017, 08:25:21 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2387  September 18, 2017, 08:29:47 pm
    • Mexico
LOL @ a new Gematsu leak.
Remember when we heard from them that Chrom and the Chorus Men would be playable in Sm4sh?
Now, I don't want to discredit them completely because they had some legit info. Just want you to remember that they also had wrong information in the past.
#2388  September 18, 2017, 08:36:10 pm
what gematsu leak

i hope gill's not playable because i can think of many better choices than some red/blue fuck wearing a thong
#2389  September 18, 2017, 08:38:25 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Oh man, I gotta hear this list. Darkstalkers is out this time for sure... Who's possibly left...
#2390  September 18, 2017, 08:41:46 pm
    • Mexico
what gematsu leak

i hope gill's not playable because i can think of many better choices than some red/blue fuck wearing a thong

And, fuck. You're right.
Even though I've been always more biased towards the Marvel side of the roster, I feel bad for Capcom fans. Both sides should have the same amount of characters.
#2391  September 18, 2017, 08:44:32 pm
youve lost me
#2392  September 18, 2017, 08:52:59 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#2393  September 18, 2017, 08:54:08 pm
    • Mexico
#2394  September 18, 2017, 09:46:11 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Really curious to see how they approach venom. Hopefully we get a sneak peak this weekends during TGS
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2395  September 18, 2017, 10:00:33 pm
#2396  September 18, 2017, 10:11:27 pm
i was more put off by morrigan's voice acting than the dialogue
#2397  September 18, 2017, 10:20:36 pm
    • Brazil
MVC has had uneven rosters before.

Mvc1, xmvsf,mshvsf and so on.

My issue is that they picked black widow which I'm seriously hoping is the slam masters one.

I also wish they could've announced it similarly to how dbfz announces it's fighters, with screenshots and descriptions of their gameplay
Games nowadays require more consistency, this is a PS4 game, not a CPS2 one. Also, as much as I'd love to have Slammasters having its existance remembered (I really liked that Black Widow), I'm pretty sure its Avengers' one. Which sucks, but then again, the base roster is awful on its own, its not a surprise if the DLC characters are bad too.

similarly to how dbfz announces it's fighters
Or anyone with a marketing department that knows what the fuck they're doing, really.
Dude, if the game itself came from hell, do you actually think the marketing with be good at all? Its almost like Capcom is thinking "You know what, fuck it, they already hate it, lets just release the shit and move on."

Capcom didn't just do what I think they did, did they?
You mean a random one-off meaningless joke about princesses and castles that if you get mad over it you're a fucking jackass ?
Don't you think you're overreacting to this?
#2398  September 18, 2017, 10:21:55 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm more wondering at how Arthur wasn't affected by smoke fumes.
#2399  September 18, 2017, 10:24:51 pm
Dude, if the game itself came from hell, do you actually think the marketing with be good at all? Its almost like Capcom is thinking "You know what, fuck it, they already hate it, lets just release the shit and move on."
The game itself isn't getting that much heat, it's pretty standard so far, I haven't seen any uproar about anything in particular in the gameplay. So far there was the ugly faces that were fixed, the roster that is now kind of acceptable, and all the marketing and communication around it which is where Capcom always fucks up incredibly hard.
Don't you think you're overreacting to this?
No ? And it depends if people start overreacting to that line.
#2400  September 18, 2017, 10:25:26 pm
    • USA
The video is missing the last part of the joke where Arthur says "Tell that to the princess". It could very well be just a joke that's actually not referencing anything in particular.

As "unhype" as the character pass announcement was they're at least being frontal about the roster this time. It's far more consumer friendly if anything.