YesNoOk

Joe, Kyo, and Shingo updated (2024-03-03) (Read 5436 times)

Started by Jmorphman, March 04, 2024, 04:10:05 am
Share this topic:
Joe, Kyo, and Shingo updated (2024-03-03)
#1  March 04, 2024, 04:10:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Featuring exciting new features, such as... this intro, I guess

Joe
Kyo
Shingo

None of these contain anything really major, just general cleanup and refinement. These three characters are all at the current quality level that I hope to eventually bring all my other characters up to (Chun-Li is very near; Ken, King, Demitri, Benimaru and B.B. Hood are a little further off, and everyone else I intend to totally remake).

I've actually been spending the majority of what little time I have these days for MUGEN on totally redoing my website, cleaning up and overhauling it, and finally adding some fancy movelists for all my characters. This was mostly just an excuse for me to keep certain CSS skills and other minor web development tricks from totally atrophying from my brain, but the revamp was something I had wanted to do for a long time anyway, so I got to kill two birds with one stone.

Individual changelists:
Spoiler: Joe (click to see content)
Spoiler: Kyo (click to see content)
Spoiler: Shingo (click to see content)
Re: Joe, Kyo, and Shingo updated (2024-03-03)
#2  March 05, 2024, 04:49:51 pm
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com
Great news
#3  March 07, 2024, 06:33:47 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
hi Jmorphman
I was wondering, (after watching your combo videos), are u arcade stick ?
if so could give some advice how to use ? wineglass is the best way ?
thank
btw thank u for the update
#4  March 08, 2024, 01:05:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
hi Jmorphman
I was wondering, (after watching your combo videos), are u arcade stick ?
if so could give some advice how to use ? wineglass is the best way ?
thank
btw thank u for the update
I just use a standard PC keyboard.

And I'm probably the wrong person to ask about execution. Those videos are highly choreographed—I basically mess around in training until I find a combo that I think will look good, and then essentially hardcode some (or all) of the combo into the character so I can have it done consistently (this is to make recording easier, I can focus on getting the perfect shot). And heck, this specific B.B. Hood combo is something I couldn't personally perform in the first place (that 3x crouch LK link into crouch MP is just too much for me, and it specifically has to be linked because if you chain into crouch MP you can't cancel out of it), so don't put too much faith in those combo videos!
#5  March 08, 2024, 04:24:21 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
I just use a standard PC keyboard.

And I'm probably the wrong person to ask about execution. Those videos are highly choreographed—I basically mess around in training until I find a combo that I think will look good, and then essentially hardcode some (or all) of the combo into the character so I can have it done consistently (this is to make recording easier, I can focus on getting the perfect shot). And heck, this specific B.B. Hood combo is something I couldn't personally perform in the first place (that 3x crouch LK link into crouch MP is just too much for me, and it specifically has to be linked because if you chain into crouch MP you can't cancel out of it), so don't put too much faith in those combo videos!

you people are amazing, I can't understand how u able to make combos with pc keyborad (just like POTS), even if it was choreographed, it is still amazing
I'm serious about using arcade stick, still learning, but I see some progress in myself, however beating warusaki3 "new" AI is difficult (his new AI kyo and ingrid, God... they are hard).
thank u for the reply, keep up the amazing work