YesNoOk

T.C.U.T.- Trololo's Chars United Thread (Read 87596 times)

Started by Trololo, June 14, 2016, 06:09:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: T.C.U.T.- Trololo's Chars United Thread
#101  September 17, 2016, 10:41:59 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Yo, Trololo could you direct me to the part of code; for the small and big ports. When I select Nash, he has Charlie small port displayed. Yet, in game Nash has his defaulted illuminati port. When I changed the small port in the character sff. It displays the same for both fighters, via either mode. So , that's why Im asking what was the code you had the ports linked to. If not this is a problem, even if you separate the files via names. Let me know how, if you need more info on this matter.
#102  September 18, 2016, 02:00:00 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
A couple of notes about Nash, specifically.

-No voice after he's fully charged.
-Projectile guard impact sound is the same as it would be if it hit successfully.
-Nash doesn't seem to be able to super cancel. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
-The third hit of the EX Moonsault doesn't connect in a sequence with the rest of the attack. [Update: Seems this varies with characters.]
-Should probably increase the damage on Crossfire Blitz.
    -A bit of an extension on this actually, but I think his damage values are kind of all over the place or something? HP into H. Tragedy Assault as well as a fully successful EX Moonsault - HP - EX Sonic Scythe do slightly more or equivalent damage as CB into MAX CB.
-Also just a personal suggestion, maybe instead of him speaking in his winpose after he's put his glasses on, have him talk while he's still putting them on?
-Another personal thing, but it feels like Nash could benefit from a few more supers, though obviously not exactly what Charlie has. Maybe "lesser" versions of P.o.t.S Sonic Blade in place of Sonic Break?
Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:40:52 am by Project.13
#103  September 18, 2016, 03:17:04 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
another grab error, this time with nash.

-during his throw(Back+two kick buttons) the character will disappear for a short time then reappear as soon as the flip kick lands.

Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#104  September 18, 2016, 06:40:31 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
And a small thing that made me so excited: his Nash sprites don't mirror when you switch sides.  I LOVE consistency :o
#105  September 18, 2016, 10:48:57 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Nash:
-Sonic Scythe EX with Nash (sf5) covers 80% of the screen. I'm not sure if it's really needed.
-Sonic Boom velocity are alright, but it would have been better to put the slow on Q, the medium in W and the fast on E
-Maybe give him another super?

-I dunno about that.
-No, I can't. Cause it was ingame. Strongest Sonic Boom have longiest startup and slowest fireball's move. I already stepped aside here with first one.
-Yeah, I know. I know that Nash need at least one more super. But I just don't have normal ideas about something new for Nash that could fit him.

Trololo, one thing i noticed about your bison is that his neutral superjump is much shorter than his normal neutral.
is this something you are aware of?

Thanks a lot, cause I wasn't.

Yo, Trololo could you direct me to the part of code; for the small and big ports. When I select Nash, he has Charlie small port displayed. Yet, in game Nash has his defaulted illuminati port. When I changed the small port in the character sff. It displays the same for both fighters, via either mode. So , that's why Im asking what was the code you had the ports linked to. If not this is a problem, even if you separate the files via names. Let me know how, if you need more info on this matter.

I don't understand your problem, but I defenetely know- that's not coding's problem.
If you want Nash to have different to Charlie's portraits, then you should just make a copy of SFF, change portraits THERE and link Nash.def to THIS SFF. And then ypu'll get a different ports.

A couple of notes about Nash, specifically.

-No voice after he's fully charged.
-Projectile guard impact sound is the same as it would be if it hit successfully.
-Nash doesn't seem to be able to super cancel. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
-The third hit of the EX Moonsault doesn't connect in a sequence with the rest of the attack. [Update: Seems this varies with characters.]
-Should probably increase the damage on Crossfire Blitz.
    -A bit of an extension on this actually, but I think his damage values are kind of all over the place or something? HP into H. Tragedy Assault as well as a fully successful EX Moonsault - HP - EX Sonic Scythe do slightly more or equivalent damage as CB into MAX CB.
-Also just a personal suggestion, maybe instead of him speaking in his winpose after he's put his glasses on, have him talk while he's still putting them on?
-Another personal thing, but it feels like Nash could benefit from a few more supers, though obviously not exactly what Charlie has. Maybe "lesser" versions of P.o.t.S Sonic Blade in place of Sonic Break?

-Will fix that.
-Will fix that.
-He can to. But yeah, I'll make that smoother.
-Yeah, you admited that right. That varies on chars. I'll make longer super pause just for llz.
-Man, these dampeners are my enemies. They never react right on me... XD No, CB's damage shouldn't be bigger. But I have to conquire that dampener!
-I tried. It doesn't works right. I'm in, it looks better in current state.
-I said that earlier, I also think so. I just don't have ideas that could fit him.

another grab error, this time with nash.

-during his throw(Back+two kick buttons) the character will disappear for a short time then reappear as soon as the flip kick lands.

Thanks.
I really need to change testing mode on FF from char vs. char to char vs. KFM, cause woth Charlie himself a LOTS misseen things looks like they should.

And a small thing that made me so excited: his Nash sprites don't mirror when you switch sides.  I LOVE consistency :o

And finally someone noticed that! I though everyone will do this earlier. I tried to make him as cosistent as possible for "NonRemapPal" method, even if Mugen break it sometimes... Thanks. XD
#106  September 18, 2016, 11:19:26 am
  • King of Sona
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#107  September 18, 2016, 03:53:23 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sorry my man but, switching the port via sff, does not fish it.lol I wonder if any else is having this problem, or could post a correct solution to fix it.
#108  September 18, 2016, 04:28:05 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
All right, I'll show what you should do step by step.
1. Copy SFF file and name it different.

2. Charlie already can be a separated characters. Just if you using right DEF file. Charlie is for SFA, Nash for SF5. Open one you want to edit and link it with newly created SFF. Then save it.

3. Now open char in FF by edited DEF and do whatever you want with this NEW SFF. You need to change the portraits, but this can do a bigger sh*t, like changing whole look of character.
4. Open select.def and link bots chars like that. You can also create a new folder where you'll use one of different DEFs, but it doesn't change much. You just will skip step 1 and step 2. But I did it here in one folder, so do it like that.

5. Have fun.

#109  September 18, 2016, 06:19:15 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Trololo, one thing i noticed about your bison is that his neutral superjump is much shorter than his normal neutral.
is this something you are aware of?

Thanks a lot, cause I wasn't.

is this something you could easily fix before working on nash? because i keep looking at the jump code but cannot figure it out myself :(

In the constants, neutral jump should be higher that runfwdjump runbackjump
#110  September 18, 2016, 06:54:21 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
You could give Nash a Sonic Hurricane. I personally think it would fit him, though Judgment Saber is essentially that turned to 11. Also, just to make him feel less samey to Charlie, maybe change Crossfire Blitz up a bit or give him something entirely original? I think doing something like mixing it in with your Tragedy Assault would fit his new violent/twisted persona.
#111  September 19, 2016, 03:49:52 am
  • Idea!
    • USA

And finally someone noticed that! I though everyone will do this earlier. I tried to make him as cosistent as possible for "NonRemapPal" method, even if Mugen break it sometimes... Thanks. XD

The only thing that didn't get factored in correctly was his wrist watch.  It remains on his hidden arm at all times.
#112  September 19, 2016, 05:32:07 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
@Trololo, thanks my man and now to place them palettes on him.
#113  September 20, 2016, 08:33:18 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So I encountered an issue that for the life of me, I wasn't able to replicate. As Nash, I was having a match against P.o.t.S' Charlie, and he jumped over me while I was doing the MK Sonic Scythe, and the animation and sound kept repeating until he hit me. Again, I wasn't able to replicate it and it didn't even happen again when Charlie jumped over it again after just deciding to continue the match normally, but I figured it would be worth mentioning.

Edit: Just curious, any possibility of adding a variation of his teleport as part of his movelist, or were you fully intending on not doing so?
Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:09:00 am by Project.13
#114  September 21, 2016, 10:07:45 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
So I encountered an issue that for the life of me, I wasn't able to replicate. As Nash, I was having a match against P.o.t.S' Charlie, and he jumped over me while I was doing the MK Sonic Scythe, and the animation and sound kept repeating until he hit me. Again, I wasn't able to replicate it and it didn't even happen again when Charlie jumped over it again after just deciding to continue the match normally, but I figured it would be worth mentioning.

Edit: Just curious, any possibility of adding a variation of his teleport as part of his movelist, or were you fully intending on not doing so?

Interesting. And really, unseen glitch. XD
And I just dunno, how can I make that teleport. In SF5 teleport was limited by V-Trigger.
So, am I should to make it a super? But this move is useless. Too useless to cost normal energy.
Am I should to make it a special move? Then what command should I use? And will not ability to free teleport like that become cheating?
So, SHOULD I create a freakin' gauge with alternative type of energy, just like V-Gauge? No, cause P.o.T.S, style isn't about it.
So, maybe I better to make a simple warp like Shadow had? And once again, no. I wanted to make Nash different from Shadow, what can sound strange cause there is some Shadow's abilities in Nash already.
+Nast is already feels disbalanced to Charlie in plan of Supers (Well, debalanced... XD). Too much specials here also a bad idea.
I just dunno, how can I realize that teleport without breaking Nash bad... XD
#115  September 21, 2016, 05:30:28 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
You could make the warp like the asura warp: DP\RDP+3P\3K.  Won't use super and it'll be difficult to use for AI.
#116  September 21, 2016, 05:31:41 pm
    • USA
    • cody2552001@gmail.com
@Trololo I would say if your gonna fix up Nash teleport in my opinion to do his teleport it should be three pucnh in order to do it and since he's p.o.s.t style there would be know other way to do it so I'll go with all there punch buttons to be honest.
#117  September 21, 2016, 06:01:58 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I was going to suggest something like that, but it should be like it is in SFV in the sense that I think you can teleport three ways? Directly above, in front of and behind the opponent? I'm not entirely sure, haven't played SFV yet.
#118  September 21, 2016, 06:18:12 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Yes, in SF5 teleport is pretty universal. But hell, it is V-Trigger, so it can't be used free. I just afraid, that teleport like that and for free = cheating weapon. But at the same time it just doesn't worthy to cost super's power.
And, just one more problem... Sprites.
#119  September 21, 2016, 09:33:02 pm
    • USA
    • cody2552001@gmail.com
@Trololo You know what you can do with the teleport since it's a V-Trigger how about making it where everytime you do it takes away super meter each that way a person can't cheat with it how dose that sound. I also agree with Project.13 on what he said, but then again like you said @Trololo the spites hows that gonna come about.
#120  September 21, 2016, 09:46:35 pm
    • USA
You could easily improvise and implement that move. You only need sprites for the first part of the animation & you could use the roll start up for it. That'd be the easiest out of any of his moves to implement. It's no different than Akuma, or Bison if you know how to implement it correctly. Proper recovery etc. Too easy. Also EX-only if you feel necessary.
Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:56:35 pm by ReixSeiryu