YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat Championship - The Planning (Read 4596 times)

Started by Dragon of Courage, February 29, 2020, 06:09:26 am
Mortal Kombat Championship - The Planning
#1  February 29, 2020, 06:09:26 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Hi, everyone!

I started working on a Mortal Kombat MUGEN project back in 2014 with the name Mortal Kombat Legends, but for some reason, I stopped working on it, but now I'm considering restarting the project.

However, with the name Mortal Kombat Legends now being used officially for the animated movie, I changed the subtitle to Championship, and to be fair, this is the best choice I made.

And without further ado, here's the plot outline, which combines the story of both MKII, MK3 and MK4 into one:
"After the events of the tenth Mortal Kombat tournament in Earthrealm, Shang Tsung felt humilliated after being defeated by Liu Kang and is expected to be executed by Shao Kahn, but instead, convinces the emperor to spare the soul stealing sorcerer in exchange for arranging a new Mortal Kombat tournament, where everything goes. However, and unberknowst to the Elder Gods, Shao Kahn has already planned an invasion if everything goes awry for the emperor, and to make sure of that, he orders both Shang Tsung and Quan Chi to resurrect his deceased wife, Sindel.

Meanwhile, Lord Raiden, who fought the Fallen Elder God Shinnok years ago, which resulted in the destruction of an ancient civilization, sensed that Shao Kahn is planning to take over Earthrealm if any of the emperor's army of Kombatants win the new tournament or interfere with the rules of Mortal Kombat through invasion, so he enters alongside the defending champion Liu Kang and their allies to fight for the fate of the realms... without noticing that Shinnok may return soon from his imprisonment in the Netherrealm to continue his revenge against the Elder Gods."

The plans I have for the game are the following:
  • The roster will be comprised of every single character from the first four Mortal Kombat games.
  • The sixth button will be used for easy special moves a la Smash Bros, but with slower cooldown as a drawback, while the conventional method has faster cooldown.
  • The ability to combine two Fatalities into one.

The project will use the MugenHook plugin.

What do you think?
The Dragon is here!