YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1432354 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#821  July 22, 2014, 03:43:27 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I think it's only in trouble if Snyder's involved. They're almost certainly going to base it on the new origin story, which I know not everybody's a fan of but does a good job of hitting all the emotional beats a movie needs. So the worse thing would be to give it to a director who doesn't understand tone.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#822  July 23, 2014, 08:28:17 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
But I was under the impression that DKG sighed because he thought that it was going to be for the Supe/bat movie.
Nah, the sigh was coz Scoffield is back to ruining another character I like. The guy's acting sucks.

probably, it would be easy to think that if you werent following things that closely.
about the mommy thing...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm pretty sure the guy in the wheel chair isnt Zoom, since there is a character named Eddie Thawne in the show. So unless he is an ancestor to Eobarb, I think Eddie is Zoom.
I once thought wheel chair guy couldve been Booster Gold, but that doesn't seem plausible now.
I guess we'll have to wait and see

#823  July 23, 2014, 10:13:46 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The universes of all those upcoming DC shows (and also Arrow) and the movies will be separate. And I'm sure I've seen news items like a month or two ago saying each show would be separate from the other as well (save for Arrow and Flash, of course); which isn't super surprising since they're all on different networks.

It makes more sense creatively to keep them all untethered (though the Arrow folks will never be able to use any Batman or Superman stuff) to avoid running into the problems Agents of Z.Z.Z.Z.Z. ran into (not being able to use many actual Marvel characters), but it seems like a bad choice for the film side. They'd be able to introduce Flash and the Hood/Arrow/is he Green Arrow yet in the Justice League movie without having to spend a ton of time introducing them, and they'd arrive fully formed and the writers would know how to play to the actor's strengths and the actors would have a great handle on their characters and think of the corporate synergy!

I think it's only in trouble if Snyder's involved. They're almost certainly going to base it on the new origin story, which I know not everybody's a fan of but does a good job of hitting all the emotional beats a movie needs. So the worse thing would be to give it to a director who doesn't understand tone.
I think the rot over at the DC movies goes beyond Snyder and Goyer; it seems like everyone over there in a position of editorial power is hell bent on making everything as dark and depressing as possible.
#824  July 23, 2014, 04:34:27 pm
    • USA
I think the rot over at the DC movies goes beyond Snyder and Goyer; it seems like everyone over there in a position of editorial power is hell bent on making everything as dark and depressing as possible.

I feel like you don't cast the Rock in a movie if you want it to be dark and depressing. Even if they screw up and make him Black Adam, he's going to be playing the Scorpion King. I'm really thinking this movie is going to be a "fun" movie that's probably going to get screwed over a need to cram tons of extraneous shit in it or failing to meet box office expectations.
This time
This time
#825  July 23, 2014, 05:44:26 pm
    • USA
These are the same people who cast Ben Affleck as seriously brooding DKR but only kinda sorta Batman instead of a goofier, less brooding but still with some hard edges that would play to his strengths as an actor. I just can't believe they're not gonna screw this up. :(

Also the creator Gotham explained the reason why Poison Ivy's real name was changed from Pamela Isley to Ivy Pepper, which is that "If you just re-tell stories exactly as they’ve been told before, whilst you’re being true to the created mythology, you’re not really adding anything to it." He then goes on to explain her backstory in the show, which is new. Which... doesn't really make sense? Nobody was asking about the backstory, just the name. Why is the name different, it's a worse name, and there doesn't seem to be any relation between the new backstory and the new name (I mean like maybe he wanted to hint at it but didn't want to spoil that, I dunno, she changes her name at the orphanage and that signals her descent into villainy for some reason) and it just seems pretty weird!
#826  July 23, 2014, 05:51:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
they changed her name so someone can go "that girl is poison, poison ivy" , you dork.
#827  July 23, 2014, 05:55:26 pm
    • USA
Shush, I just wrote a paragraph about the changed name of a fictional character on a TV show, dont jelous
#828  July 23, 2014, 10:18:56 pm
  • Fuck You.
shoulda went with black adam (the better one)
Nah. I can't see him doing well with that at all. Sure, it might be more "racially accurate", but who gives a shit about that. There are plenty of people who can play ancient Egyptian dudes, but the Rock is just much more suited to a charismatic, over-the-top, and kinda silly hero, more than he is a brooding villain and sometimes anti-hero.

oh no, i wasnt speaking on or going for racial accuracy, i just think black adam is better

thats not to say the fucking rock will not play an awesome captain marvelshazam (fucking really) because he will and i would enjoy it (probably the only thing i would enjoy in this ever-increasing pile of excrement), just always thought black adam was better
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#829  July 24, 2014, 09:16:42 am
    • USA
Ah sorry, that part was directed at Sky, not you. Could've been worded better.

Yeah Black Adam is pretty neat but I dunno maybe I'm just going through mutilation fatigue and Black Adams seemed like, for a while, Geoff Johns's vessel of fufilling his love of having people be brutally murdered by people with super-strength and or have their arm(s) ripped off. Before all that, when he was mostly on the side of good, on the JSA, was great. But even with all that I like the Big Red Cheese better, the concept is just so perfect!
#830  July 24, 2014, 11:23:05 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Our first look at Arsenal
#831  July 24, 2014, 10:49:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Bea

#832  July 25, 2014, 12:49:29 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#833  July 25, 2014, 01:01:50 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
 :blank:

#834  July 25, 2014, 01:55:55 am
    • USA
This time
This time
#835  July 25, 2014, 02:41:16 am
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:46:17 am by Sky79
#836  July 25, 2014, 02:54:10 am
    • USA
#837  July 25, 2014, 03:15:02 am
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#838  July 25, 2014, 03:18:36 am
    • USA
Let's see, he's a big, muscley dude, has boatloads of charisma and charm, and excels at playing earnest, over the top action roles. He looks like Captain Marvel, and he's got the skills to play him!

Also, new Batfleck stuff.

I gotta say, I'm liking this look much better than TDK(R) one. They've gone back to the solid head piece (which means no more head turning), but I think it just looks better being a solid piece. The thinner neck of the one from TDK made Bale's head look fat. :-\

Besides, they can always shoot things to avoid exposing the fact that the neck can't turn!
#839  July 25, 2014, 03:22:05 am
    • USA
This time
This time
#840  July 25, 2014, 03:23:57 am
  • Haters are toys
Let's see, he's a big, muscley dude, has boatloads of charisma and charm, and excels at playing earnest, over the top action roles.
That works out great........with voice acting.

He looks like Captain Marvel, and he's got the skills to play him!
Man crushing are we?

How doe he remotely look like Captain Marvel? Besides, it'll be great to see him play a villain in a movie that doesn't suck..................Wait, ah damn it.