YesNoOk

Custom Dee Jay Release (Read 2122 times)

Started by jay_ts, February 24, 2024, 05:40:26 pm
Share this topic:
Custom Dee Jay Release
#1  February 24, 2024, 05:40:26 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

Its been a while since a release from me, and I got the itch to go and make another character. Dee Jay is a favorite of mine, I think he's a cool character and there aren't that many Dee Jays out there in MUGEN, so I decided to make one myself. Hope you like it.

Download Here
Re: Custom Dee Jay Release
#2  February 24, 2024, 06:48:40 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I like the blend of old and new. Here's what I found so far:

- Pre-jump frames are unusually short. I noticed it because 28 input is stricter than normal, as are hops
- Related, but if you hop in the last possible frame, the jump sound plays twice and the pre-jumps frames are added on top of each other (normal pre-jump + hop pre-jump, for 7 frames)
- Sobat Carnival gets off the ground but is statetype S
- Sunrise Festival initial hit has no spark/sound even though it counts as a hit
- Sunrise Festival hits have special attribute
- You can get all the various followups by mashing the 6 buttons. Maybe that's a thing but it seemed funny because it's more practical than memorizing the 3 routes
- Climax Break sparks could be raised a little so we see Dee Jay more clearly
- Jus Cool afterimage is too solid I think
- Throw directions are inverted (F throws back and vice-versa)
- If you kick throw P2 against the corner while *you* are cornered, you may prevent the side switch. Throws could use more edge width in general
- Both throws make P2 sink under the ground a lot before hitting it
- The configuration helper is spawned and destroyed every frame
- Close HP damage distribution is pretty unusual
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 06:53:30 pm by PotS
#3  February 24, 2024, 08:10:51 pm
(tested on 1.0)
- Projectiles have shadow.
- Projectile don't count as a hit (the helper gets destroyed too soon).
- Aura charge gives debug flood.
- You can hold back while running, so you can actually shoot a projectile even though it's an "hold back, forward + button" input. Actually, you can also just hold back and forward together and be able to shoot one. Or do the kick special/s. (intentional?)
- Far s.MK almost never comes out to hit the enemy.
Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:14:54 pm by AlexSin
#4  February 24, 2024, 08:44:16 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
^Being able to hold back while running is one of those lovely default mugen features. I'm surprised Deejay can do the same given he has a custom buffer system.

Don't have my old mugen install on hand to test, so some of these might be ikemen exclusive.

- Config.txt does nothing, the palette selector isn't working.
- This is probably an engine bug, but the sfx from air slasher randomly plays on the wrong side.
- Climax break causes debug flood.

And this is a bit of a nitpick, but I'd wish you'd use some of the old training detection methods so one could lab climax break combos.
#5  February 24, 2024, 09:14:26 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
My only extreme gripe is the inputs coz you have to be hella quick for the charge super inputs and Super Jumps. It's also strange to have Sunrise Festival as QCF,QCB as opposed to QCFx2 like in 6.

I also kinda feel like the damage levels are a bit much, but it's probably okay coz of the limited combos.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  February 25, 2024, 05:24:54 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
The bugs presented above have been fixed (i dont feel like quoting all the feedback cuz im tired) i'll point out some specific ones tho

the only bug i didnt seem to find myself was climax beat causing debug flood. i did the move several times in several different scenarios vs various characters (in 1.0) with debug on and i never got any debug messages, so i'll conclude that this is most likely an ikemen thing so unfortunately i cant do much about it.

sunrise festival's initial hit didnt feel right with a spark or a hit sound so i chose to have neither. what made it jarring was most likely the hit pause, so i lessened it on the initial hit, making it less awkward. then again, hitting sunrise festival and then just not doing anything afterwards is kinda odd so making it feel awkward after the hit is more or less an intended feature... unintentionally.

far st.mk has more range and cl.mk has a lowered proxy activation range. st.mk i was intending to be an anti air but the low range made it difficult, so the range buff and less proxy range for cl.mk should help.

for the mashing during festival, you can achieve something similar with deadly rave itself, except you just mash lights, mediums then heavies when the time comes. im not going to include a bunch of exceptions since it might make doing the rave more strict than usual, so i'll just leave it as is.

close HP dmg is meant to act as a win-win in terms of damage. while i normally wouldnt do this, i think deejay deserves it. you get 95dmg for the initial cancellable hit, and then 10 for the followup hit. this is supposed to encourage you to cancel into something otherwise you just get a weak followup. if you hit the second punch which isnt cancellable, then you get 95dmg so you arent saddled with 10 dmg.

inputs are more lenient for the charge supers, i got this feedback from several people actually so this was the first thing i fixed. as for the charge while running bug, i forgot to account for SOCD when making the charge buffer, so i included exceptions for it so you cant charge while holding back+forward or down+up. considering i was using a keyboard during production i should have noticed this but oh well its fixed now. as for the ranbu input its just a personal creative liberty, you can choose to like it or not. thats just how i felt the input would be like.

deejay has been updated to include these fixes and several other fixes i did seldom.

#7  February 25, 2024, 05:54:56 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.